Marshall University Reviews

1,338 reviews
Smaller teacher to student ratio. Easy campus navigation. New dorms and "Colleges". Many restaurants within walking distance, theater and Civic center arena within a mile or so. Great student center, football stadium is across the street. On the Ohio River. Ritter Park close by. Town is flat.
I love it there. When I first moved on campus I was nervous about moving out and being by myself. Everyone there is very nice and helpful.
Marshall is a place where I felt welcomed. As a shy person, Marshall has already lead me down paths for lifelong friendships.
Start Your Review of Marshall University
Marshall University seems like it offers outstanding services in other areas, but as far as COLA goes, it was terrible! I am a psychology major and I literally had to do EVERYTHING on my own. My advisor was absolutely TERRIBLE and the majority of the Psychology staff does not teach anything useful.
I knew I wanted a quality education and Marshall was at the top of my list. I must say that my first year here as a Freshman has been amazing. I know that my professors have really helped me in my studies and have guided me in what direction I need to pursue.

My on campus experience has been wonder, the dorms are very clean and I feel safe while I am living here. I am close to my classes and the library. I would highly recommend this college to other students who want to pursue their career after high school. Marshall overs a wide variety of programs that can and will prepare you for a professional high paying career.
My father and grandfather are alumni from this college so I know the area and people well so its great for me. There isn't much to do off campus however and the area is very country, so some may not like it.
Marshall need to do a better job of moving from a commuter school to a resident school. I feel there are very caring and professional professors.
just such a great college, the best of the best, you will love it if you attend there, I love the way they treat me there, the teachers are kind and will make sure that the get the grade you need to have to pass the class . i really recommend this college , is easy to get to also is a great place to spend 4 years at , they have good food . you can do so many fun things , the traffic is no that bad , but people need to learn how to drive , is still fun , you should go and try it your self
My experience with Marshall has been great! I look forward to continuing my education there and learning from their amazing staff.
It’s an overall amazing academic college. When you visit the campus it’s a small well put together canpus easy to get from place to place. When you talk to the people at Marshall they make you feel as if you’re already at home.
I am freshman at Marshall and when I first stepped on this campus I loved it. This campus is amazing and everyone is so nice. The professors go out of their way to help you with anything they can. This campus has a very home feel and I love it.
Marshall University is an excellent establishment with many student activities as well as help for each individual student and is all located very close to campus. Student health is of high importance to the faculty of Marshall University as they recommend visiting the Campus gym health center and student center for a healthy meal. The only issue i see with Marshall University is the high tuition expense.
Marshall is a nice school to attend. The scenery is beautiful and eye catching and the students are overall friendly. The staff is accommodating. The only real issue I have found is the tuition which continues to rise, and the constant attempts to take away people’s scholarships.
Upon coming to Marshall, I was not very thrilled about moving away from home onto campus, but my opinions were changed once I started attending.
So far, Marshall has been a great experience for me. I have learned that it is a lot different than high school, and that you are truly on your own. The professors are always willing to help you with anything you need. I love it here and can’t wait to spend the next few years Marshall University.
Marshall has a program for those with Asperger's syndrome, but if you aren't accepted, the Disabilities services don't offer enough help. I would like to see a work/study program of mentors for those with a disability.
I have had a great time at Marshall. Everyone is so nice and the professors are great. There is a lot of diversity that makes the experience here great.
Start Your Review of Marshall University
Excellent professors that actually seem to care about teaching and enjoy what they are doing. Also, they care about the students progress and ability to learn the information.
I know that I made the right choice to come here. Everyone is so friendly and I've been able to make some of the best friendships I could ever imagine! It is easy to get involved in things around school, professors are extremely helpful and personable and you can get anywhere around campus within 10 minutes, which is extremely convenient.
I go through Online College classes in the high schools and have had wonderful experience overall. I love getting the 3 hours of credit for only 75$.