Marshall University Reviews

1,358 reviews
This is a beautiful place to grow and learn. I would like to see more online graduate classes offered.
At marshall university, the atmosphere of diversity and quality goes above and beyond. Marshall makes sure their students are well rounded and taken care of in any way or form.
I believe Marshall University was the best decision I made when I graduated high school. The friends I have made during my time at Marshall will forever be with me throughout my career. I also have networked with so many experts in my field of study that I believe will make a complete difference in the years to come. I am happy with the experience of Marshall, and encourage anyone who is looking for a great college to apply.
Start Your Review of Marshall University
I toured Marshall University with my fellow classmen. The school is close to home and is very supportive to its students. The dorms are small and range from building to building. This school has an amazing activity center along with many outdoor activities. A negative for the campus is that some dorms are very outdated, and the neighborhood has a reputation for being drug infested.
Very nice college in a great little city with lots to do, great food and shops in Pullman Square, and a great community atmosphere.
Marshall's leadership programs, I believe, are top tier, and proves its ability to produce student leaders each semester. At Marshall, empowering students to become a leader and to excel in the classroom is often preached. It also offers a large amount of on campus activities. Marshall's campus and history is also unlike any others with its beautiful memorial student center that was constructed in honor of the 1970 plan crash that carried over 75 football players, coaches, fans, and crew. It is truly a special place in the middle of the beautiful mountains of West Virginia.
Marshall University is a very open place. The campus is self is very open and clean. The professors are easy to talk with, and they are willing to help most of the time. The campus food on the other hand is not the best. I wish they had more variety of options. The freshman doors are super nice. I enjoy going to the football games on the weekend and hanging out with my friends. I am looking forward to see how my future years will be as a daughter of Marshall.
Marshall has a good-sized campus, with adequate class sizes. There are opportunities to engage with professors and ample on-campus activities provided. The university promotes student involvement and offers the resources needed to excel during your four years, as well as in the professional world.
I transferred from the University of Kentucky to Marshall University before my Junior year. Everyone on the admission staff was so helpful and made it very easy. I was very nervous moving to a completely new area but everyone on campus made it feel so welcoming. I was accepted into the communication disorders program. The class sizes and one on one opportunities with the professors is what makes Marshall so special. The sense of community and specialized attention is why I'm proud to be graduating from Marshall University.
I LOVE Marshall University. With me being in the military, it has been hard to balance college full time with the national guard and my other jobs as well but Marshall's professors have been so supportive and I could not have picked a better college! I have also made friends from all over the world who have become very close to me!
Marshall University makes you feel very welcome. With all of the student involvement you always feel as if you have someone that you can reach out to when you have an issue. I never felt as if I had no one that I could turn to, and always had help.
A good medical program, though is in need of some solidity in terms of programs. Everything here is always changing and in flux, and this has worsened with the passing of the dean of preclinical education.
Marshall feels like home. No matter who you are or where you are from! The professors are encouraging for the most part, but the actual town it is located in needs work.
Marshall University is a good school...but it is not safe to be outside OFF CAMPUS at night. It is located in downtown Huntington, WV which is honestly a pretty dangerous place with the drug and crime epidemic that is happening there right now. Other than that the education is AMAZING and the professors are so caring and genuine. I have never met professors that care as much as they do. They have helped me out so much when I had to miss class for medical reasons. Although safety could be a concern, it is safe on campus.
I think Marshall is a wonderful university. It fits on about four blocks in Huntington, WV. It was easy to get to classes without feeling too big or too small. The Marshall community was very friendly and it was easy to find friendly faces around campus.
Marshall university is a great school, I would recommend Marshall university to a lot of student who are looking to further their education. Marshall has a wonderful environment with a very friendly campus which makes it easy for people to make friends and be comfortable. Marshall prides on given their students the best education possible. Marshall is also a great place to learn because professors are equipped with the latest technology to be able to teach students at a high level.
Best Decision Ever! Atmosphere and environment is so great, and I couldn't imagine going to any other school.
Start Your Review of Marshall University
I adore being a student at Marshall! If anything, I would like to see more advertisement for student activity on campus!
Coming from the small neighborhood of Westmoreland and going to such a big university like Marshall has definitely been a culture shock. Witnessing the diversity and becoming a part of this family like school has been so good for the soul. Marshall has continuously been my home away from home (even though home is only 20 minutes away)
I really like Marshall University and how most of the professors will wok with me as a non-traditional student. I have a family and have no choice but to work close to ful-time, and my professors understand that life gets in the way. I would like to see more available times for tutoring for students like me who are non-traditional and have a harder time working around a schedule.