Marshall University Reviews

1,279 reviews
Marshall was a great undergraduate school for me. It had a great atmosphere and there was so much school spirit and support from the community. I would highly recommend it to future students.
Small town school. Everyone was very friendly. Great education at low cost for students living in WV and KY. I would not change a thing.
Marshall is a unique university when it comes not only to our history but our acceptance of diversity. Marshall's dedication to the remembrance of the 75 members of the Marshall community who were lost swells each student with pride for their community. It has been nearly 50 years since the crash but the annual fountain ceremony continues to grow, rather than diminish.
As for the acceptance of diversity, Marshall was voted the most LGBT+ friendly university in West Virginia. As a member of the LGBT+ community, it makes me feel accepted and safer on campus. The university is even hosting a clothing drive for transgender students who don't feel comfortable leaving "the closet".
The sense of community in this university is a welcome feeling for every student and I am proud to say that I am a daughter of Marshall.
Review Your College
I came to Marshall from a smaller college and felt welcome. Everyone is very nice and there is always something happening around campus. They are smaller than other university's, but it gives the faculty a chance to really connect with their students. The campus food is not bad, but it is so much better than high school food.
I am currently a freshman at Marshall University. Though there are things that I am fond of about this school, such as the smaller campus and the fact that teachers actually take an interest in their students, there are also a few things that I am not so fond of. This being that they seem to be more "money hungry" than other colleges. For example, they turn one class into two and give out hardly any scholarships.
Marshall University has a very nice campus. The campus area is worked on and maintained daily. Many of the professors are excellent and helpful.
I think more one on one tutoring options would be very beneficial as well as more in class interactions instead of just continuous lecture and exam.
Marshall University has been quite easily the best decision I could have made. The campus is absolutely beautiful and so close together it makes it easy to navigate as a new student. The staff and professors that I have come in contact with during my first semester have been wonderful and so helpful in every way. Marshall is a great school. Every school could use improvement in some areas, however, I don't think I have experienced anything bad since I have been there.
I love Marshall University. The campus is completely walkable taking no time to get to class. The people at Marshall are so nice there. I cannot walk anywhere without more than one person saying "hi" to me. The campus is also so safe and well light at night. Marshall University is the best decision ever.
I love Marshall University! I stayed there for a summer my freshman in high school and have been set ever since. I honestly love so much about it and I am so excited to continue my education there. It already feels like home.
I love Marshall and their professors! They are all understanding, easy to talk to, and great teachers. They want you to do well and help you in many ways.
My experience at Marshall thus far has been a roller coaster. There have been times where I loved being at Marshall, and other times I dreaded even choosing to apply to this school. This is basically high school all over again just more people. Sometimes it's a loving atmosphere, especially on game day. And other times it's like a walking graveyard. But, hey, it's Marshall University. The one thing I'd love to change about Marshall is the poor communication with regards to students and faculty. Especially the financial aid office. It's hard getting receiving an answer back from anyone within a timely fashion, or even seeing someone within the office even though it's not busy. But, other than that it's a nice experience.
The student to faculty ratio is pretty decent.
The safety on campus is taken seriously.
The dorms are pretty nice and spacious.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Greek life on campus is pretty exciting.
I'm an athlete here at Marshall. It's wonderful.
Review Your College
Marshall is full of drama. Beautiful campus.
The professors care about their students getting good grades, so they offer their help quite often if needed. I like the size of my classes. I really enjoy everything.
We have blue buttons to push that are all over campus incase of an emergency.