High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management45 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching22 Graduates
Elementary Education21 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration17 Graduates
Athletic Training13 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.37 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.42 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Mars Hill University Reviews
Personally I love mars Hill. Although they need to work on the cafe food, they have renovated a lot of the buildings and more plans to continue. The area is great, it's close to downtown Asheville and other places and the views almost everywhere are so gorgeous! The professors are very good depending on your major. One of the major problems is when you try to transfer credits, Mars hill doesn't do a good job with transferring credits in or out. They are big on athletics and over half of the student population are athletes. I give Mars hill a thumbs up because I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience here and I would recommend this school to others!
My experience at Mars Hill was better than I expected from a smaller college. I love being at Mars Hill because of the the size of the campus. Everything that you need or need to be is within walking distance. The school offers tutoring in math and English which is a huge help and it's already provided in the tuition. The classes are small so you have more of an opportunity to get to know your classmates and professor. The main worry you will have to be worried about is that you are on a mountain which means it gets cold and hot very fast. Other than that I would recommend Mars Hill University to people who feel comfortable in a small community, knowing almost everyone on campus because of the size, and having access to most resources that other colleges may not offer.
Mars Hill College/University is a very small school, but just because it is small does not mean it is boring. Everyone on campus is very nice and caring, there are no specific groups of people, and everyone blends in nicely. The school is expanding and constructing new buildings for athletics and academics. The professors take the time to help the students in any way possible and the staff on campus is very nice. The cafeteria food needs some improvement but overall you will not starve while you are there. It is a very clean and calm atmosphere and the best bang for your buck private college.