Mars Hill College Reviews

I currently go here and everything is very nice. The campus is beautiful and teachers are very interactive.
I enjoy being at Mars Hill, everyone is friendly all my professors are great and the people are very friendly. It is not a party school but the staff has a lot of fun activities set up for the students. The meal plans are wonderful, I feel like I am at home here!
I love Mars Hill because I can stay close to home and still get a college education. Mars Hill is a very small University, which is great because the professors actually know who you are and can offer help to their students much easier.
Start Your Review of Mars Hill College
Mars Hill University is a great school. The faculty and staff really care if you fail or pass and are there to help you. The only thing I HATE about this school is the tuition. It's such an expensive school and the financial aid department is always annoyed to help you.
Great school in my opinion, it offers a lot weather people choose to see that or not. It is what you make of it- if you care more for a party than an education, you won't like it.
The campus is beautiful, but the on campus life is boring and the dorms are terrible. There is hardly any partying at all and is not much to do. Asheville is the nearest city and there is lots to do. If asheville wasn't near, boredom would definitely take over one who is used to do stuff all the time. Asheville is is 15 minutes away and has tons of stuff to do. Also the social work program is very good and i enjoy my time in it.
Mars Hill is a very welcoming college with a variety of people. Located in the mountains allows the campus to have great views. The campus is very small, with an 11-1 student teacher ratio. If you are looking for a quite, yet fun college experience, Mars Hill is for you.
My experience at Mars Hill College was definitely one of a kind. It is important to know that the people allow you to feel like they are your family, and the mountains provide a nice environment.
Personally I love mars Hill. Although they need to work on the cafe food, they have renovated a lot of the buildings and more plans to continue. The area is great, it's close to downtown Asheville and other places and the views almost everywhere are so gorgeous! The professors are very good depending on your major. One of the major problems is when you try to transfer credits, Mars hill doesn't do a good job with transferring credits in or out. They are big on athletics and over half of the student population are athletes. I give Mars hill a thumbs up because I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience here and I would recommend this school to others!
I love the small classes, because it is a more one on one environment and the teachers know your name.
My experience at Mars Hill University has been pretty good so far. The campus is not big like other schools, but the scenery sure is beautiful. The class sizes are small, but it is a better learning environment. The professors I have had are nice and willing to help any student who comes to them. The amount of students here is about the same size as my high school I went to. The cafeteria consist of a nice buffet and the food is average. I believe it has its good days and bad days. Overall, the school is a pretty good school.
This is a very small college. All the professors are required to have office hours where they will help you with any questions that you have and they all are very helpful. Mars Hill does a lot of things to make sure that it's students get the best experience.
It's a beautiful college. Nature surrounds you. Not to mention the anatomy of the college is excellent for exercise. Just hiking up the hill to my dorm from August til November, I lost 50 pounds. The classes themselves aren't too different from a typical high school class. Most of them take place in smaller rooms, with an instructor who cares about your course progress.
Mars Hill University is a wonderful university. The university is the most diverse campus that I have visited in North Carolina. The campus is very beautiful and the people here are very nice and respectful to others. I like how there is a reasonable professor to student ratio. The professors are very hands on and if you don't understand something that you are going over then they will take their time to go over it with you and break it down so you get a better understanding. The athletic teams are great as well. They train and practice really hard to make sure that they know what to do when game time comes.
The professors at my school are very understanding and always inform the students that there is help whenever we need it. There are SI's, which are students who help the lower class students out with homework or any problems they may have in class. The school itself is very expensive and isn't luxury as you would think it is (because of the tuition cost). The environment is very nice and most of the people are also nice and encouraging.
My freshman year I lived in a horrible dorm. The bathrooms were never cleaned. Also, there was no respect for peoples sleep, as music was blasted at all hours of the night.
Fraternities and sororities are not very popular on campus. I assume because the school population is small, there is not enough funds to have a legit fraternity.
Start Your Review of Mars Hill College
The level of play is average for most varsity sports on campus. I would say not many people attend the games, so the atmosphere isn't special by any means. Personally, I like sports so I go at times just watch the competition.
I would definitely say the prestige of the school does not equate to how expensive the tuition is. For that reason, I would say I would not do it all over again if I had too. Apart from that living on my own for the first time and having to build relationships with new people has been a great learning experience for me. The change in education level from high school to college was also eye opening for me.
I have been lucky enough to have some of the greatest professors on campus. They are available outside of the classroom, and try their best to help the student succeed. Many courses for both majors and minors are offered to every student. The classroom sizes usually have 20+ people in them, but no more than 35 at a time.