Marist College Reviews

1,012 reviews
Marist College is a great choice for any student seeking a well rounded college experience. Campus life was fantastic and it was a great place to learn, socialize, and mature. The balance between quality education and overall experience was exactly what I needed as a young adult to mature and prepare for the future. Most professors were dedicated and cared about students academic success. Classes were well taught, tech forward, socially engaging, and encouraged critical thinking. The campus is beautiful. I loved the architecture and design of the buildings and the views of the river are absolutely stunning year round. I found them to be inspiring and motivating on sluggish days. Overall, I truly enjoyed my experiences there and I am proud to be a part of the Red Fox Family.
Great professors and study abroad opportunities. I was a transfer student, and a common feeling among many transfers seemed to be difficulty adjusting and integrating at Marist. I think this was in large part being placed in housing five miles from campus. A huge part of living on campus is the convenience, so I am happy to see that the school seems to have addressed this for transfer students by expanding their on-campus housing.
About Marist,all is Good,About the rooms and the friendship and love you receive when you get there and a very favorable financial aid to help you finance your education,so i invite all of you to come experience many extra curricular activities,love and very favorable and good majors.Thank you
Start Your Review of Marist College
I like the close community at Marist college. There are many clubs and organizations to join to make you feel like you're apart of something and giving back to the school. I made some of my best friends at Marist who I know I'll be friends with forever.
The Marist Campus is small and beautiful, however, it is very expensive and I don't think the money is worth it. The campus life is boring and you have to make extra effort to make friends here.
Marist has a great community feel. Everyone, faculty and administrator, want every student to succeed. Their goal is to prepare each student for the future. Not only in the education aspect, but growing up and being on your own.
I give it a 4 because I do love this school overall. However, it is way too expensive and they make us take courses that have nothing to do with our major only because they want to get money out of you. On the plus side, there is a lot to get involved in, great night life, and they are updating the campus so things are becoming brand spanking new.
I had an amazing college experience. What initially drew me to Marist was the stunning campus right on the Hudson River. Many of the buildings are brand new and absolutely beautiful (including some of the dorms). The professors are very intelligent and helpful. I had the opportunity to study abroad and intern in London. I made lifelong friends and even met my now fiance! I can truly say Marist as given me countless opportunities and has made me who I am today. If you are considering Marist, be sure to at least visit! If I could do it all over again, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Marist is a outstanding college. I am having the best experience. I am enjoying my classes and have made many new friends. I have found dorm living to be very comfortable.
This college has great professor who influence the student to be active in the community and achieve higher goals. I personally have been helped by many of my professor for internships and fascinating research opportunities. Only down side of the campus is that there is not much parking space.
Classes and teachers are amazing but the student base is just bad. Expect to be constantly disappointed in yourself as your faith in mankind is slowly stripped away by hordes of horrible people.

Of the few good people you potentially could find, most of them have been corrupted and also have had their faith in humanity destroyed.
Great school..... went for both undergrad and now pursuing graduate degree .... I hear the dorms have improved since I left. I wish more people in New England had heard of the school.
I love Marist. Only thing is prepare yourself to live in an enviorment filled with rich preppy kids.
I love the academic program, the clubs and the school spirit. It would be great to see more variety within the student body.
The campus is really beautiful and many renovations are being made to the campus to keep it up to date. Class sized are small, which is really nice, and the teachers really care about you as a person and a student. Overall I have loved my experience at Marist and I look forward to finishing my time there.
Marist was my dream school coming into freshman year... a semester later, I'm pretty confident that I will transfer. There really is not that much going on on-campus, nightlife is limited without an ID, and Poughkeepsie itself leaves much to be desired. Not worth the exorbitant pricetag.
Ample opportunity and ways to gain knowledge and educational experience! But socially, you must be a part of a sports team or have a fake id for your first few years.
Start Your Review of Marist College
Great school. Ive really found my group of people here. You pretty much need a fake as an underclassmen if you want to go out. The academics are manageable if you stay on top of it. Great career connections, especially being so close to the city.
I just finished my first semester here at Marist College, and I could not be any happier with the decision I made! Marist is the perfect school, and now my second home. The campus is beautiful, especially during Christmas time, and all the people on campus are so friendly and welcoming. Finally, the teachers and academics are great! The professors are so knowledgable and always willing to help! I couldn’t see myself anywhere else.
Marist College is like a second home to me. I am always happy when I'm here. I love my friends, I love my housing, and I love what I'm learning about and how things are taught to me by the professors. Marist is the best institution for both learning and being part of a community. I would highly recommend coming to college here for anyone who works hard and wants to be successful, but who wants to enjoy the process of getting there and reaching their goals, to the fullest.