Marist College offers students the power of a global university with the personal touch of a leading liberal arts college. Founded in 1929, Marist's 210-acre campus overlooks the Hudson River in the heart of the historic Hudson Valley, midway between New York City and Albany, the state capital. Marist also has a branch campus in Florence, Italy, offering bachelor's and master's degrees as well as study abroad opportunities. At Marist, we're very proud of the success of our students and alumni. Based on a recent survey of the Class of 2015, 97% are employed or attending graduate school.
Marist College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.66 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.75 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.75 responses
Business Administration and Management244 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising78 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration68 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities53 Graduates
Computer Science47 Graduates
Information Technology39 Graduates
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.92 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.102 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.41 responses
Marist College Reviews
Marist has an excellent academic program! As a freshman, I came in undecided. However, Marist has a unique program called FOCUS which allows you to take classes to explore different majors, minors, and career options. Later, when I declared my major, I was able to take classes specific to my field of study. A Marist education will definitely prepare you well with rigorous courses and excellent professors.
For me, Marist is the perfect size! Class size does not extend beyond 30 students. This makes learning personable where professors know every student and students are able to ask questions in class or attend office hours. Outside the classroom, there is a community feel where the student body doesn't feel too big or too small. It is rare to walk to class and not see at least one person that you know which creates a friendly atmosphere on campus.