Maranatha Baptist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division III (with football)
Independent Midwest Region
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.31 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.29 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities46 Graduates
Business Administration and Management15 Graduates
Early Childhood Education14 Graduates
Theological and Ministerial Studies12 Graduates
Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries11 Graduates
Biblical Studies8 Graduates
Elementary Education8 Graduates
Office Management7 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.29 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.40 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.25 responses
Maranatha Baptist University Reviews
On campus students are pushed into a "leadership" mentality that is often limited to embarrassing and humiliating those who don't conform to their ridiculous rule sets. I was told that I personally would never be a leader, and have gone on to be a successful manager and leader in my occupational role. Gossip is rampant. The students put "in charge" typically have little leadership acumen and are hypocritical. The academic systems are average, but the professors are excellent. The teachers are truely outstanding. Students will be ahead of their peers upon fulfilling the acedemic programs. For church goers, there are excellent opportunities for local church involvement. The campus is attractive, and the surrounding areas have things to do recreationally. Would attend again virtually or as an "off campus" student.
I love the people that are involved with making MBU great! The professors here are interested in you and want to help you with anything. The people here are very open and easy to talk to. The atmosphere here is a very positive and the curriculum is very stable and educational. I would like MBU to get some artistic classes because that would give the students something fun and less stressful to take.
My experience at Maranatha was a very delightful experience! I love the small, family like atmosphere. Everyone knows each other, the teachers know you by name. The small town for me was another plus. The facilities are wonderful. They are kept clean and up to date. I would totally recommend Maranatha to any young person who is looking for a great christian college to attend!