Manhattan College Reviews

This college is great, but the classrooms needs to upgraded. The environment is fun and the students are great. The college is very expensive. It hard for commuters to associate because most of the programs are very late.
I like that Manhattan has a strong community presence and that most people are friendly. There are a lot of great lectures that happen on campus so you should most definitely attend ones that interest you. What I would like to see change are the living arrangements and the options for food on campus.
Over the summer of 2016, I had the opportunity of participating in the Manhattan College Women and Minority Engineering program. I felt very comfortable in the environment and learned a lot about the professors. Being able to engage in a conversation with them made me realize this is a place where I can see myself grow academically and socially. Also, the work connections Manhattan College has for the students is great since, most students obtain an internship by junior year. I figured out this college is the college where I can study civil engineering and accomplish my goals.
Review Your College
I have had a great experience at Manhattan College. The only thing that needs to change is how expensive it is,especially if you live on campus and have to pay one price for room and board when you could eat cheaper on your own. There are no food plan options, everyone pays 15010.00 a year for your spot in a dorm and food, even if you don't eat there.
Manhattan College is a small institution with a strong community. Having a small amount in the classroom develop a strong connection with professors as well as classmates. Professors show an interest for the student inside and outside of class. Its location offers numerous opportunities for internships in New York City. Manhattan College promotes a strong Lassalian leadership. Lassalian is not necessarily a Catholic term, it represents the values that the institution promotes in order for students to become productive members of society.
I could not have had a better college experience. Manhattan is a great school full of great people. I was an athlete and education major and from day one the school fealt like a community.
Great for the education aspect. Small classes and many of the professors are there for you. You will build a relationship with the professors in your school ( education , liberal arts, science, engineering, business). The social life is lacking. There's literally nothing to do on campus. The rooms are small so you can't have people over. The area is dangerous and you won't feel comfortable leaving campus alone. When you do leave campus the only option is to spend 45+ minutes to get there by subway.
It's a small school so you get to know everyone quickly, the professors are very helpful. The campus is very cute but all on a hill so there are a lot of stairs!
I visited this school last Friday and I actually liked it a lot. Before visiting, a few of my friends told me I would hate it and that it was not a nice school. Right when I stepped foot on the campus, I had no idea what they were talking about. As I toured the school, I fell in love with it more. It seems like everyone knows everyone. Each place I would go, my guide was waving and saying hi to everyone. Students stopped me and told me that Manhattan is a great school and I should attend it. It made me feel warm and welcomed.
Manhattan College is a great small college. The professors care about teaching and students learning. They expect you to ask for help and see them outside of class.
Manhattan College is a very productive and interactive school with a great environment. Students have great professors to guide them and help them become great professionals.
Manhattan College may not have the prestige of an NYU, but it is definitely a great college. The school is rising in ranks, and the kids attending starting to become the top kids at their high schools. One of the only gripes I have with the school is the facilities. Some of them, such as the Engineering building, has to be upgraded
I would like to see it becoming more famous locally and international wise. Moreover i would want the college to change its name from manhattan college to manhattan university.
The professors really care about my success, connecting with the professors have brought forth lots of opportunities for me. They're tough when it comes to learning, but very supportive, inspirational, and positive at the same time.
A very safe campus, admin does their best to constantly monitor and ensure the safety of all of the students.
I'm currently doing my Masters in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) at Manhattan College; about to graduate in a month! It's been a long and hard journey juggling a full time job and a tough, yet reasonable, work load from the MSOL program. Overall, I've grown a lot from the guided learning. I chose the program in which we are required to physically come to class at Manhattan College; I'm so happy I chose this path since I enjoyed the in-person learning, made great friends, and life-long connections. The class size was excellent, 12:1, it's the perfect ratio for students to engage in fulfilling discussion, and get the attention we need from the professor. I could see that the program did their best to select faculty members that come from the best of the best in their field, I genuinely learned a lot and had a great experience. It's been my privilege to attend this gorgeous campus and learn from the faculty.
The school does a very good job with safety and security in to address new concerns.urban setting.
Review Your College
The alumni network is very good.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The dorms are typical dorms from a few decades ago.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
Greeks don't have there own housing.