Maine Maritime Academy is an above-average public college located in Castine, Maine. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 989 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Maine Maritime Academy acceptance rate is 80%. Popular majors include Engineering, Marine Science, and International Business. Graduating 69% of students, Maine Maritime Academy alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $75,200.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.7 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.7 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.7 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.7 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.13 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.8 responses
Colleges like Maine Maritime Academy
- BMassachusetts Maritime Academy
- 4 Year
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- 165 reviews
- BSUNY Maritime College
- 4 Year
- Throggs Neck, NY
- 117 reviews
- BCalifornia State University Maritime Academy
- 4 Year
- Vallejo, CA
- 136 reviews
- A-United States Merchant Marine Academy
- 4 Year
- Kings Point, NY
- 70 reviews
Maine Maritime Academy Reviews
Regimental program offers a hands on program for Marine Transportation. Attending Maine Maritime Academy is more than worth it for the degree and the solid reputation in the industry. The class sizes are small providing individualized attention, the school is invested in the students and the professors are there to help you succeed.
Maine Maritime Academy offers students a fantastic chance to receive hands-on education in the fields of engineering, transportation, and business. Helpful staff, free on-campus tutoring, a strong alumni network, and a beautiful location in Castine, Maine make Maine Maritime worth serious consideration. Its biggest drawback is a hefty tuition fee but given the variety of jobs available after graduation it isn't too much of a concern.
Though there's not much to do outside of school up here in Castine, Maine, the education is simply unmatched, especially for those of us in the Regiment of Midshipmen. For those interested in obtaining U.S. Coast Guard License(s), Maine Maritime Academy is an excellent choice. It is well worth the investment.