Maine Maritime Academy is an above-average public college located in Castine, Maine. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 981 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Maine Maritime Academy acceptance rate is 76%. Popular majors include Engineering, Marine Science, and International Business. Graduating 62% of students, Maine Maritime Academy alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $72,300.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 4.06% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.7 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.7 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.7 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.7 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.13 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.8 responses
Colleges like Maine Maritime Academy
- BMassachusetts Maritime Academy
- 4 Year
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- 161 reviews
- B+SUNY Maritime College
- 4 Year
- Throggs Neck, NY
- 113 reviews
- BCalifornia State University Maritime Academy
- 4 Year
- Vallejo, CA
- 136 reviews
- AUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
- 4 Year
- Kings Point, NY
- 66 reviews
Maine Maritime Academy Reviews
Maine Maritime Academy offers students a fantastic chance to receive hands-on education in the fields of engineering, transportation, and business. Helpful staff, free on-campus tutoring, a strong alumni network, and a beautiful location in Castine, Maine make Maine Maritime worth serious consideration. Its biggest drawback is a hefty tuition fee but given the variety of jobs available after graduation it isn't too much of a concern.
Though there's not much to do outside of school up here in Castine, Maine, the education is simply unmatched, especially for those of us in the Regiment of Midshipmen. For those interested in obtaining U.S. Coast Guard License(s), Maine Maritime Academy is an excellent choice. It is well worth the investment.
The school cares the most about football and basketball (as expected). The facilities reflect this. The locker rooms are highly disproportionate to the numbers of players per team. The locker room size is arranged where the more 'important' sports have larger locker rooms. Overall the facilities are great though. Students occasionally have to be encouraged to attend sports games, but participation in the sports is good. The club sports are a little less well maintained but are still pretty popular. school spirit is pretty high, however, since MMA is the major schools/teams of the sate, it gets overshadowed by the University of Maine.