Macalester College is a selective liberal arts college with a long history of providing an international education in a global community. Macalester students come from more than 90 countries and all 50 states.
Set in a beautiful neighborhood just a few miles from the city centers of St. Paul and Minneapolis, a metropolitan area of 3.5 million, students have valuable access to an enormous array of internships and research opportunities within a few miles of campus.
The United Nations flag has flown over campus since 1950, a symbol of Macalester’s commitment to world peace and understanding. The college was among the first to fly this new flag.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.36 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.36 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.30 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.45 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses