High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.25 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.40 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Macalester College Reviews
Love this place! My favorite thing about this place is that the people and professors really care about you. It goes both ways. If you come here looking for an education you won't just learn more about the subjects you study, you'll learn to think for yourself, and create real-world solutions to the issues that face society today. Mac is a very activism-orientated environment. That means that no matter what they are doing, the people and profs are passionate about their areas. Not for everyone - just for the people who want to change the world.
This has been the best experience of my life. I sincerely hope that you apply if you are considering Mac for the next four years. Really in-depth education, the sports teams and clubs are great opportunities to meet people. The dorms are the best place to get to know others. Even though there isn't a Greek life system, there are no shortages of volunteer ops w/ other students. Highly recommend!
First of all, I would like to make it clear that the professors are almost all outstanding, experts in their field and incredibly accessible. However, I find the social scene at Macalester to be extremely difficult to navigate. I have found so far that many students are unmotivated and have come to college for the "typical college experience" of partying and engaging in social activities instead of furthering their academic career. I have found this to be isolating and difficult to overcome. I came to college excited to learn and delve into my studies, and I've had a difficult to find friends who are as motivated and determined as I am. I would definitely recommend for every prospective first-year to visit the campus and spend the night with a first-year to receive a more intimate experience of the campus before committing to this school. Deciding not to spend the night here before coming is by far one of my biggest regrets.