COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The COVID-19 pandemic has required a re-envisioning of teaching and learning, new approaches to working, and creative solutions to help us find community when we are separated by distance. We are making this change together and we are finding strength in our community. Please follow the link provided for specific details regarding how Macalester is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA
Macalester College is a selective liberal arts college with a long history of providing an international education in a global community. Macalester students come from more than 90 countries and all 50 states.
Set in a beautiful neighborhood just a few miles from the city centers of St. Paul and Minneapolis, a metropolitan area of 3.5 million, students have valuable access to an enormous array of internships and research opportunities within a few miles of campus.
The United Nations flag has flown over campus since 1950, a symbol of Macalester’s commitment to world peace and understanding. The college was among the first to fly this new flag.
Macalester College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.42 responses
Research and Experimental Psychology47 Graduates
Political Science and Government44 Graduates
International Studies40 Graduates
Information Science31 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology26 Graduates
Environmental Science24 Graduates
Macalester 2020 Summer Showcase
As 2020 marches forward and nears completion, Macalester students continue to inspire with their creativity, resiliency, and impressive scholarship! The Summer Showcase of research, internships, projects, and entrepreneurial endeavors celebrates the depth and breadth of Macalester students' summer experiences and their close collaboration with faculty, staff, and community partners.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.36 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.51 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses