High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 3.97% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.26 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.9 responses
Lyon College Reviews
This small liberal arts school is rigorous, but will prepare you to go far in life. This is hands down the best private school in Arkansas. Campus is safe and well maintained, but could use a few updates. There has been a lot of positive change with the new college president.
Love the people, activities available, environment, and beauty of the campus. Only thing I would change is the food. It would be nice to have more eating options on campus.
Decent menu variety, but food quality is inconsistent. Don't base your meal plans on Honors Day or other scheduled visits because the food is always better then. The Bistro is good, but fried food menu and not part of your meal plan (use your Lyon bucks here). You can get cold box lunches to go now though which ARE included in your meal plan. Biggest problem in the caf is that there are a lot of students trying to eat in a very short amount of time which causes long lines at lunch. Only 2 meals a day served on the weekends. Unless you plan to eat every single meal in the caf, you are better off going with the 10 or 15 meal plan (Are you really going to go to the caf for breakfast before an 8:00 am class?). There ARE vegetarian options which are pretty good, but red meat is pretty rare. Brenda's cookies are amazing though!