Lyon is a private, Christian college located in Batesville, Arkansas. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 652 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Lyon acceptance rate is 64%. Popular majors include Psychology, Biology, and Economics. Graduating 52% of students, Lyon alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $30,400.
NAIA Division I
Central States Football League
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.26 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.9 responses
Lyon College Reviews
The Lyon college staff have been uniquely available, personal, and effective since I began communications with them months ago. The campus is beautiful, and I have yet to meet an unfriendly face.
Lyon College has great views, academics are pretty decent, the student life is good and has pretty good outdoor activities around campus. the community around the campus is very diverse and very helpful.
This small liberal arts school is rigorous, but will prepare you to go far in life. This is hands down the best private school in Arkansas. Campus is safe and well maintained, but could use a few updates. There has been a lot of positive change with the new college president.