Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC+
Lyon is an above-average private, Christian college located in Batesville, Arkansas. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 649 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the Lyon acceptance rate is 50%. Popular majors include Biology, Psychology, and Business. Graduating 49% of students, Lyon alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $30,400.
NAIA Division I
Sooner Athletic Conference
Considered but not required
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.21 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.26 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.9 responses
Lyon College Reviews
Professors are amazing here! They are involved in every individuals learning career trying to assist in anyway they can.
The Lyon college staff have been uniquely available, personal, and effective since I began communications with them months ago. The campus is beautiful, and I have yet to meet an unfriendly face.
I will be attending in the fall of 2020. The staff and instructors have been so helpful in helping get everthing set up for me. They have offered several Virtual tours. And virtal meetings with professors have been very helpful. They have in close contact. I am very glad I chose this school.