Lycoming is an above-average private, Christian college located in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,245 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Lycoming acceptance rate is 70%. Popular majors include Business Administration and Management, Psychology, and Biology. Graduating 72% of students, Lycoming alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $32,600.
Lycoming College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 3.97% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.36 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.34 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.48 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Lycoming College Reviews
So underrated! Within the past 4 years this college has changed drastically--and for the better! I'm so impressed by the resources that are now available, especially for internships, study abroad and career services. Lycoming has a history of getting the best professors. They are experts, published, and are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed if you have the drive; some will even invite you to their house for dinner! Like many have said, it's like a family. I couldn't be happier with my choice!
The environment felt very welcoming and I quickly connected with the people I met. The students are staff were so kind and had a great energy about them. (The creative writing professor gave a vintage copy of one of my favorite books and I was so honored.) The clubs offered are wonderful and create a safe zone for people from all walks of life. I can't wait to go there in August!
The school is small so class sizes are not overwhelming. Also, it allows the professors to personally connect with their students, which can be very beneficial for students in the future for things such as recommendations for gradate school, internships, or even jobs.