Lubbock Christian University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Restorationist
NCAA Division II (without football)
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.33 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.32 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education30 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies18 Graduates
Theological and Ministerial Studies14 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services13 Graduates
Business Administration and Management12 Graduates
High School Education12 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration11 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.28 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.37 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Lubbock Christian University Reviews
It's on my family farm. This is a small friendly West Texas Christian University in an extremely nice larger West Texas University town. It is less diverse than people there understand but the Religious Denomination that runs the school works at being "Color blind." This school is likely torture for a North Eastern Liberal Black Lesbian! And likely "Heaven" for a Shy Conservative not too over-achieving black or white straight kid. The Social life is the Religious life or you're going to Texas Tech for parties. This school started in the 1950's & strictly follows it's founding Religious principles...kindly. This is about where George Bush had his wild drunken party days. Don't assume the local population is stupid or poor.
My decision was between Texas Tech University and Lubbock Christan University because I wasn't ready to leave home due to the fact that my parents would need my help the upcoming year. I was not very confident about turning in my application for LCU but I hoped for the best! Weeks later, I received my acceptance letter in the mail and felt it was a sign that God was calling my name to grow close to him. I love the bible classes and chapel. I also love the small campus and small classes as well. I know I couldn't have chosen a better school in town and I know I will be successful at Lubbock Christain University.
Student career prospects and value of degree is excellent due to the fact that the school is so good and takes students serious. Alumnis make speeches at orientations and make me believe that once I'm done with school I will have the pride they do! I do not really know much about quality of employees recruiting on campus. The quality of the career center/services on campus is the best, I know that promotion and help is always offered for upcoming graduates.