Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade A minus
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade A minus
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade A minus
Lubbock Christian is an above-average private, Christian university located in Lubbock, Texas. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,272 undergraduate students. The Lubbock Christian acceptance rate is 91%. Popular majors include Nursing, Elementary Education, and Physical Education Teaching and Coaching. Graduating 50% of students, Lubbock Christian alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,900.
NCAA Division II (without football)
Lone Star Conference
Lubbock Christian University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Will You Get In?
$23,672 / year
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
$11,297 / year
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 34 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing106 Graduates
- Elementary Education27 Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching24 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services21 Graduates
- Business20 Graduates
- Finance13 Graduates
- Design and Visual Communications12 Graduates
- Marketing10 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration9 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities9 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 20 responses
- Pretty chill15%
- Christian conservative10%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 30 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 39 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 20 responses
- Close knit community5%
- Home away from home5%
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
$41,800 / year
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 20 responses
Colleges like Lubbock Christian University
- grade B minusSouth Plains College
- 2 Year
- Levelland, TX
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 631 reviews
- grade B minusWayland Baptist University
- 4 Year
- Plainview, TX
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 348 reviews
- grade BWest Texas A&M University
- 4 Year
- Canyon, TX
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 1,206 reviews
- grade B+Abilene Christian University
- 4 Year
- Abilene, TX
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 1,337 reviews
Lubbock Christian University Reviews
Rating 3.88 out of 5 496 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Lubbock Christian University is a well rounded University to attend. The Christian based curriculum is very well taught and you see it within all departments of study. The faculty truly cares and wants to help you succeed in every aspect of your life; physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and academically. If you are willing to put in the work then they are willing to get you to where you need to be. On top of the amazing staff the food and other services within the university are just as good as any where else if not better. If you think you will be bored, you can't. Campus constantly has things going on whether its social clubs, intramurals, sports, and even speakers. I highly encourage you to check out Lubbock Christian University.
Great place! Absolutely felt at home during my time here and felt loved by everyone. They are extremely caring towards all students and want to see everyone exceed. Chapel is also an amazing experience for any student going there.
Lubbock Christian University, I feel, is one of the best colleges to go to in Lubbock. I have attended other colleges in Lubbock and LCU's staff and employees are by far the most helpful and caring people you will ever meet. Immediately you feel like everyone there is there to help you and everyone else succeed! Their campus food is excellent and they even have a starbucks on campus!