Loyola University New Orleans Reviews

To be fair, Loyola was not my first choice college. It wasn't until my sophomore year that I really fell in love with this place and knew I wanted to stay here and major in journalism. Thanks to Loyola, I discovered what I want to do career-wise and the type of person I want to be. The small student body means you are really close with all of your friends and you often get one-on-one instruction from your professors. Loyola is easily and home and family away from home.
Loyola University in New Orleans is composed of a diverse student body, all of whom are passionate about social justice issues. The community at this college is very small and tight-knit, you will recognize a friendly face almost everywhere on campus. What sealed my decision in attending this university is the intimacy of small lecture courses, and a maneuverable campus. While larger state schools can make one feel lost in a crowd of thousands, Loyola's staff makes an effort to get to know each of their students. Since the lecture classes are smaller than typical university's, it stimulates effective discussion and debate. Moreover, the campus is very easy to navigate, which also makes for a comforting environment. Lastly, I think the college could benefit from providing a wider range of food selections for its students. Since many do not own a car to drive to local eateries, it would be beneficial for the school to provide more food vendors.
My experience here at great. I had a couple of teachers who I wasn't a big fan of, but everything else was great. It is possible to balance work, school and a sport. Also staff here is pretty helpful when you ask them questions.
Review Loyola University New Orleans
I chose a school not close to home. At first I was homesick but within a month I started to feel connected. By thanksgiving I had a great group of friends and really enjoyed my classes and professors. When I went home for Christmas I felt like I was actually leaving my home and knew I would want to come back after the break. When I returned for my 2nd semester, I was excited for my new classes and looking forward to spending the next few years here.
Loyola University is a pretty good school. It's a private college & alot of people succeed & thrive in the present environment.
My experience at Loyola has been great! The people are so nice and living in New Orleans is a once in a lifetime chance.
I am a music industry major at loyola and it was a great decision. However, if you're a science kid, it may not be your best bet. But if you are super artsy it's definitely the place for you. It's a great campus environment of creativity and support for those endeavors. I love the honors program because it is a small, tight knit community with cool class choices (cults and religions filled my religion req) and helpful advantages (special study spaces, people bring in free food to share, can check out books for a longer time, good community service opportunities). The music industry program is amazing and different from any other one I have experienced because it gives you a broad, universal view of the music industry and then you can apply it to your own goals by specializing by joining on campus companies and clubs to further your experience in that area, such as the on campus live sound company and recording company.
This university has a lot to offer if you are looking for one that is smaller than a state university. The small population allows students to receive help from their professors very easily through their given office hours.
I really enjoy Buddig Hall, I have plenty of space and everything is really clean. Definitely nice having my own bathroom, only to share with my 3 suitemates. Everything is close and good quality. I heard Biever isn't as good, but it's easy to make friends there since everything is communal. Carrolton is great also, I've been in there and it is quiet, spacious and clean
Some Greeks are really fun, some aren't and the parties aren't as great as the ones at Tulane, but that doesn't matter because all Loyola kids can enjoy Tulane parties. I don't like a few sororities since they are very cliquey and immature, but most of them don't bother anyone.
It's not huge but they're definitely entertaining to watch. A few of my friends are athletes and they take it really seriously. I wish our gym was better, but it's a huge plus that every student can use it for free.
I am happy with my decision to go to school here
The Greek life isn't a big scene on campus at Loyola.
Athletics is not a main part of this university's culture.
So far, the experience has been rewarding. I am already utilizing what I have learned in the lecture halls in my workplace.
I haven't really invested time in learning more about them.
Tulane us better so I participate in their sporting activities.
Review Loyola University New Orleans
I love my school because it's small yet rewarding. The professors are very bright and will go out of their way to make sure their students are successful.
Professors are normamlly really helpful, but sometimes too smart for their own good. Advisors are average and could use some work. However most professors are avialable whenever they are needed, and make the overall experience agreat one.
The value of a degree from Loyola is one of the highest. It's equivalent with a degree from the top schools like Stanford, Yale, and Tulane. Loyola is in the top 100 schools in the world and holds that name accurately, however, there is