1. New Orleans, LA
  2. 4 Year

Loyola University New Orleans Reviews

I chose a school not close to home. At first I was homesick but within a month I started to feel connected. By thanksgiving I had a great group of friends and really enjoyed my classes and professors. When I went home for Christmas I felt like I was actually leaving my home and knew I would want to come back after the break. When I returned for my 2nd semester, I was excited for my new classes and looking forward to spending the next few years here.
Loyola University is a pretty good school. It's a private college & alot of people succeed & thrive in the present environment.
My experience at Loyola has been great! The people are so nice and living in New Orleans is a once in a lifetime chance.
Review Your College
I am a music industry major at loyola and it was a great decision. However, if you're a science kid, it may not be your best bet. But if you are super artsy it's definitely the place for you. It's a great campus environment of creativity and support for those endeavors. I love the honors program because it is a small, tight knit community with cool class choices (cults and religions filled my religion req) and helpful advantages (special study spaces, people bring in free food to share, can check out books for a longer time, good community service opportunities). The music industry program is amazing and different from any other one I have experienced because it gives you a broad, universal view of the music industry and then you can apply it to your own goals by specializing by joining on campus companies and clubs to further your experience in that area, such as the on campus live sound company and recording company.
This university has a lot to offer if you are looking for one that is smaller than a state university. The small population allows students to receive help from their professors very easily through their given office hours.
I really enjoy Buddig Hall, I have plenty of space and everything is really clean. Definitely nice having my own bathroom, only to share with my 3 suitemates. Everything is close and good quality. I heard Biever isn't as good, but it's easy to make friends there since everything is communal. Carrolton is great also, I've been in there and it is quiet, spacious and clean
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
Some Greeks are really fun, some aren't and the parties aren't as great as the ones at Tulane, but that doesn't matter because all Loyola kids can enjoy Tulane parties. I don't like a few sororities since they are very cliquey and immature, but most of them don't bother anyone.
It's not huge but they're definitely entertaining to watch. A few of my friends are athletes and they take it really seriously. I wish our gym was better, but it's a huge plus that every student can use it for free.
I am happy with my decision to go to school here
The Greek life isn't a big scene on campus at Loyola.
Athletics is not a main part of this university's culture.
So far, the experience has been rewarding. I am already utilizing what I have learned in the lecture halls in my workplace.
I haven't really invested time in learning more about them.
Tulane us better so I participate in their sporting activities.
I love my school because it's small yet rewarding. The professors are very bright and will go out of their way to make sure their students are successful.
Professors are normamlly really helpful, but sometimes too smart for their own good. Advisors are average and could use some work. However most professors are avialable whenever they are needed, and make the overall experience agreat one.
The value of a degree from Loyola is one of the highest. It's equivalent with a degree from the top schools like Stanford, Yale, and Tulane. Loyola is in the top 100 schools in the world and holds that name accurately, however, there is
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Review Your College
There is always support when needed
I love living on campus
Sports is not a huge part of Loyola. The Sport's Complex could be better compared to other schools, but it has everything you would need to stay in shape.