Loyola University Maryland Reviews

I have been to Loyola many times. I like the diversity of what you can do there. There are so many sports clubs and activities. I love how there are fairs and midnight snacks in the eateries.
Loyola University is an outstanding Jesuit university that offers students a well-rounded college experience. Not only is Loyola recognized for academic excellence, but also for community service and student engagement. I love being a part of such an inclusive study body and I highly recommned this college to an prospective student.
I love Loyola! Loyola is a great school for any student of any background to attend. While the majority of campus is white and Catholic, there are many students who are of different religious and race backgrounds.
The academics here are challenging and you will be challenged each and every single day in the classroom. Don't skip class, your professor will notice since classes tend to be very small. You will have individualized attention from day one. Everyone at this school cares about you. There are so many opportunities to get involved on campus from on-campus jobs to academic, social, and service clubs. Students at this school work hard during the week and play hard during the weekend. This school is for the mature student who is seeking a well rounded education through the mind, spirit, and body!
COME TO LOYOLA! There is so much to love and I couldn't picture myself anywhere else!!!
Start Your Review of Loyola University Maryland
I love Loyola, the size of the school is great, it’s not too small but you don’t run into the same people all of the time.
It's only the third week of school and the workload is insane. There isn't a uniform here, but there is definitely an informal uniform and it's called VINEYARD VINES. Everybody wears it. For a school in Baltimore there are a shit ton of white people here. There are nice people but there are also some snobs, like anywhere you go. The professors are great, and the classes are okay. You can tell the professors are passionate about the subject even if it might be a bit boring. Housing is great, in my opinion. Food is good too but only because I only ever eat at Iggy's.
lets just say it's not the most diverse school. the classes are small and the professors actually care.
Lovely sense of community and professors that are truly engaged in the subjects that they teach. A beautiful campus based on Jesuit values.
Was very happy at my University Until my junior year. Some administration within student life and financial aid do not want to do their jobs. Student life likes to protect and develop snowflakes.
Great place. Amazing professors who are willing to take the time out to see you blossom into your fullest of potential. I like it here and I wouldn't choose anywhere else. GO GREYHOUNDS!
Loyola is an amazing opportunity and college to go too. It has an outstanding pscyhology, speech pathology, and business school. The professors are very knowledgable and caring.
Loyola University Maryland is a place that welcomes you with a spiritual vibe that takes on ones whole aurora. The second i had stepped foot on campus i had knew that it was the place for me. Not only if the campus beautiful but the academic rigor is competitive and the faculty is outstanding. Many of the Faculty are as of a matter of fact my friends that i can have casual day to day conversations with. Everyone at the school has a goal and that is to help everyone get to where they strive to be in life.
While Loyola could be better in terms of diversity on campus, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the academics. My professors and advisors are incredibly intelligent and passionate about their fields, and the small classes are ideal for students who go to college in the pursuit of further knowledge.
As an international student that had never lived in the USA before starting college, I feel as though Loyola was an excellent choice for me. Everyone (the students, the professors, the athletics coordinations/coaches) is so friendly, and due to Loyola's size, after the first few weeks of school you can't walk across campus without seeing a close friend! Despite the high acceptance rate, the academics are challenging yet interesting, and therefore worthwhile. Loyola's core curriculum, although intimidating at first, is extremely valuable in ensuring every student's education is well rounded (plus it helps to break up the classes for your major, which certainly helps me to stay focused by doing something different). Overall, I love Loyola, and am so happy with my decision to become a Greyhound!
Loyola University Maryland has strong beliefs following the Jesuit tradition as well as a strong emphasis on a liberal arts education. Loyola has a heavy core curriculum that requires students to take a year of theology, philosophy, and history. You will spend at least 2 years taking core classes. Loyola is not diverse and you can expect to find a mainly white population. It is a catholic university so catholic traditions are emphasized. Loyola is located in Baltimore, MD, therefore it has a bad safety reputation. Hillside housing has very little interaction with the city and is hard to get involved with the community. Loyola appears to isolate itself from the rest of the city. Students enjoy the smallness of class sizes.
Loyola has really made me feel welcome. Being a freshman in college, obviously i was nervous about the new academics and life away from home but Loyola made me feel safe, giving me so many opportunities to forget about the homesickness. So many opportunities to stay on the right track with my grades as well with tutors available, office hours for teachers, even writing center help with papers. I have not once felt that i did not belong here this year, everything just put the pieces together for me and made me realize this is where i belong.
Honestly, college is what you make out of it. The college itself is alright. Good education, although workload depends on your major. If you're a business major, then you have more free time than science majors. The food is usually hit or miss, although most of the time it's miss. Dorms are pretty nice, larger than regular school dorms. There are plenty of clubs and activities you can join on campus. Overall, this is a pretty good school. If you want a small environment, then this school is right for you. I'm transferring because I want to attend bigger school, but I enjoyed my first year here. Nice teachers, good people.
It's a great school it just can feel very small at times. Sometimes I feel like I run out of things to do here but overall it's been great so far, the classes and professors are great and it's campus is beautiful.
Start Your Review of Loyola University Maryland
Loyola is a great school for academic purposes. There are many extra-curricular activities to get involved with. As a Jesuit institution, Loyola places a lot of emphasis on community service. There are no fraternities or sororities, so on-campus nightlife is virtually non-existent.
Loyola University Maryland is a great University providing students with the best possible education. Professors are extremely helpful and encouraging. Student life always has events and gathering that helps keeps the students engaged and happy. Although the campus is not huge, it is not small either. It's the perfect size and the perfect place to spend four years to continue furthering your education.
I loved the size and academic opportunities, as well as the extracurriculars. The size was perfect because it is nearly impossible to walk across campus without seeing someone you know and saying "hi"; however, I meet new people all the time! Loyola has really strong academics, with professors who take the time to get to know each individual student and are constantly available for extra help. The school also hosts activity fairs each semester, and it's really easy and fun to get involved in whatever you want!