Loyola University Maryland Reviews

Loyola University Maryland is a place that welcomes you with a spiritual vibe that takes on ones whole aurora. The second i had stepped foot on campus i had knew that it was the place for me. Not only if the campus beautiful but the academic rigor is competitive and the faculty is outstanding. Many of the Faculty are as of a matter of fact my friends that i can have casual day to day conversations with. Everyone at the school has a goal and that is to help everyone get to where they strive to be in life.
While Loyola could be better in terms of diversity on campus, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with the academics. My professors and advisors are incredibly intelligent and passionate about their fields, and the small classes are ideal for students who go to college in the pursuit of further knowledge.
As an international student that had never lived in the USA before starting college, I feel as though Loyola was an excellent choice for me. Everyone (the students, the professors, the athletics coordinations/coaches) is so friendly, and due to Loyola's size, after the first few weeks of school you can't walk across campus without seeing a close friend! Despite the high acceptance rate, the academics are challenging yet interesting, and therefore worthwhile. Loyola's core curriculum, although intimidating at first, is extremely valuable in ensuring every student's education is well rounded (plus it helps to break up the classes for your major, which certainly helps me to stay focused by doing something different). Overall, I love Loyola, and am so happy with my decision to become a Greyhound!
Review Loyola University Maryland
Loyola University Maryland has strong beliefs following the Jesuit tradition as well as a strong emphasis on a liberal arts education. Loyola has a heavy core curriculum that requires students to take a year of theology, philosophy, and history. You will spend at least 2 years taking core classes. Loyola is not diverse and you can expect to find a mainly white population. It is a catholic university so catholic traditions are emphasized. Loyola is located in Baltimore, MD, therefore it has a bad safety reputation. Hillside housing has very little interaction with the city and is hard to get involved with the community. Loyola appears to isolate itself from the rest of the city. Students enjoy the smallness of class sizes.
Loyola has really made me feel welcome. Being a freshman in college, obviously i was nervous about the new academics and life away from home but Loyola made me feel safe, giving me so many opportunities to forget about the homesickness. So many opportunities to stay on the right track with my grades as well with tutors available, office hours for teachers, even writing center help with papers. I have not once felt that i did not belong here this year, everything just put the pieces together for me and made me realize this is where i belong.
yay i love maryland the name is pretty because it is mary plus land i do not think i have ever been there i have only been to dc oh wait that is right next to maryland ha ah aha i am dumb oops there is nothing wrong with this school i have no assocaition with this school i am just a smol v broke senior trying to win some scholarships thanks
Honestly, college is what you make out of it. The college itself is alright. Good education, although workload depends on your major. If you're a business major, then you have more free time than science majors. The food is usually hit or miss, although most of the time it's miss. Dorms are pretty nice, larger than regular school dorms. There are plenty of clubs and activities you can join on campus. Overall, this is a pretty good school. If you want a small environment, then this school is right for you. I'm transferring because I want to attend bigger school, but I enjoyed my first year here. Nice teachers, good people.
It's a great school it just can feel very small at times. Sometimes I feel like I run out of things to do here but overall it's been great so far, the classes and professors are great and it's campus is beautiful.
Loyola is a great school for academic purposes. There are many extra-curricular activities to get involved with. As a Jesuit institution, Loyola places a lot of emphasis on community service. There are no fraternities or sororities, so on-campus nightlife is virtually non-existent.
Loyola University Maryland is a great University providing students with the best possible education. Professors are extremely helpful and encouraging. Student life always has events and gathering that helps keeps the students engaged and happy. Although the campus is not huge, it is not small either. It's the perfect size and the perfect place to spend four years to continue furthering your education.
I loved the size and academic opportunities, as well as the extracurriculars. The size was perfect because it is nearly impossible to walk across campus without seeing someone you know and saying "hi"; however, I meet new people all the time! Loyola has really strong academics, with professors who take the time to get to know each individual student and are constantly available for extra help. The school also hosts activity fairs each semester, and it's really easy and fun to get involved in whatever you want!
Loyola University Maryland is a Catholic school located in Baltimore, Maryland. The classes are hard, but the professors care about how their students are doing and are available to meet with students. The campus is beautiful but the surrounding area is not the best. Even the freshmen dorms are nice and spacious. There are large apartments on campus for sophomores through seniors. Loyola's gym, the Fitness and Aquatic Center ( the FAC) is an incredible gym. It has a pool, rock wall, basket ball courts, and many instructor led classes like yoga or zumba. Overall Loyola is a great school with many opportunities for students
Transferring out of this school was the best decision of my entire life. I really despised most people here and felt consistently judged by the entire student body on a daily basis. First of all, do not come here. Second of all, if you ignore this, and then read this a year later and realize your mistake, just transfer out and you'll be happier than this school could ever make possible!!!!
If you're preppy, from New Jersey, and like to destroy your body with drugs and alcohol, this is the school for you! But sarcasm set aside, the academics are pretty good I guess.
While I have no doubt enjoyed my 4 years at Loyola University Maryland, it has been much different than I originally expected when I was a prospective student. The campus is gorgeous, the staff is spectacular, and a majority of the teachers are amazing, but the rigor of the academics is severely underestimated. The school accepts a large number of applicants every year for the incoming freshman class; however, it is obvious that most students do not understand how difficult the classes actually are here at Loyola, especially the science courses.
Loyola's campus has barely any diversity; however, the school itself is surrounded by a lot of diversity. CCSJ (the Center for Community Service & Justice) links students with many different and amazing service opportunities. Loyola is predominantly a bar school, but you can find parties on campus. The only benefit of going to Boulder or Iggy's is to see the staff. The staff is amazing, but the food is terrible.
Loyola University Maryland is an overall good university to attend for your undergraduate degree. The programs are strong and the professors are very helpful when it comes to ensuring their students adequately understand the material. Overall my experience was worth the cost of tuition and has provided me with the necessary tools to succeed after graduation.
Loyola is a great university with a lot of opportunities for students. What I really like about loyola is that professors care for their students. Is a Jesuit university but they still accept and respect all king of religions.
Review Loyola University Maryland
Being based in Baltimore, you get the best of both worlds. Living in the city gives you great opportunities along with lots of things to do. Loyola's placement within the city is ideal and the campus itself is so secluded from the rest of Baltimore that you can feel like you're in your own world. The academics are challenging, yet always rewarding. The professors at Loyola are very intelligent and a valuable part of the education here. As a D1 sports school, there is always games to attend to things to do. Loyola is rated as a school with some of the best housing on possible. Almost everyone lives on campus for the entirety of their time at Loyola, which is different than other schools. Although a bar school, there is a lot to do on campus and there is always fun things to do. Overall, Loyola is a great school with great opportunities and constant rewards.
Flanney is the only nice dorm, everything else is crap. Loyola tours will only show you flan because they know this is true. Most kids are terrible people which is a shame because there are some nice kids here. Overall this school is not what it pretended to be when I visited and im seriously considering transferring out after this year is done. Kids are not nice at all, academics are just okay but not worth price. Overall, I'm really disappointed, i thought I would love it here. Also, to any prospective students, take these reviews seriously. I didn't last year and now I'm in same position : (
No fun unless you want to go to bars every night of the week. I suppose you could also go to Hopkins frat parties, but they suck and they roofie Loyola girls. Pick and choose my friends.