Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.55 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.55 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management253 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities58 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology57 Graduates
Social Sciences41 Graduates
Political Science and Government38 Graduates
Elementary Education33 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.49 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.89 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.36 responses
Loyola University Maryland Reviews
As an international student that had never lived in the USA before starting college, I feel as though Loyola was an excellent choice for me. Everyone (the students, the professors, the athletics coordinations/coaches) is so friendly, and due to Loyola's size, after the first few weeks of school you can't walk across campus without seeing a close friend! Despite the high acceptance rate, the academics are challenging yet interesting, and therefore worthwhile. Loyola's core curriculum, although intimidating at first, is extremely valuable in ensuring every student's education is well rounded (plus it helps to break up the classes for your major, which certainly helps me to stay focused by doing something different). Overall, I love Loyola, and am so happy with my decision to become a Greyhound!
I found Loyola University Maryland to be a bit too small and insular for me. Student life seemed to revolve heavily around extracurricular activities, though I found my Honors courses to be challenging and I loved the professors in the French Department. I did not enjoy college very much. Luckily, Loyola had one of the strongest study abroad programs at the time and I used that as an opportunity to study abroad two semesters in a row, plus a summer course away in the Caribbean, which were unforgettable experiences!
I loved the jesuit tradition that is enforced at this school. By having a core curriculum, it helps students to become well rounded people. You do not just take classes that are for your major. You get to take classes that you probably would never take and likely, most people end up really enjoying those classes, and even majoring in that field (which is what happened to me). The small classroom allows you to form close relationships with your professor that sets you up to succeed even more!