Loyola University Chicago Reviews

2,537 reviews
Loyola is a great school and is very close to the lake. The school is quite beautiful and the people are all very friendly. I have truly enjoyed my time here so far.
I have been at Loyola for almost two months and I have never felt more isolated. It is extremely hard to make friends, and the price to attend here is ridiculous. Tuition being on average around $30,000 after scholarships is unbelievable. Loyola may be a good name and may offer many resources, but, in my opinion, it is not worth the money.
Currently I am student at Loyola University Chicago at St. Joseph College Seminary. Loyola is the perfect place for any student looking to learn about themselves and be involved with a big diverse community.
Review Loyola University Chicago
Beautiful campus with wonderful faculty that wants to help you succeed. Many ways to get involved and volunteer
Personally, I enjoy the hospitality that many of the faculty and staff create for new/transfer students. While not much can be said about the individual students themselves, there is a relatively safe and comfortable atmosphere among the students and campuses in general. Many of the professors are very flexible with their schedule and provide much needed assistance any day of the week. Much of the extracurricular activities, professional sports teams, clubs, student-led organizations, and fraternities/sororities are involved extensively in the Jesuit philosophy of selflessness, compassion, and service. The university provides a considerable amount of financial aid to its students and heavily prioritizes the education and well-being of all of its members. Additionally, the university offers hundreds of majors and minors, along with several graduate degree opportunities, offering the finest equipment and resources for their schools of Law, Communication, Business, and Medicine.
I love everything about Loyola from the beautiful campus to the friendly and helpful professors. I made the best decision of my life to attend Loyola.
I really love the diversity of the campus. It is very evident that Loyola accepts people from all type of backgrounds. It is very nice seeing different people with very different backgrounds interacting together and working together to bring unity to the cmapus.
I enjoyed the diversity and acceptance. I would, however, like to see more proactiveness in helping students find jobs or suitable careers after graduation.
Loyola University Chicago is a great school located on the north side of Chicago. The school is very diverse and offers a range of academic programs on both the Lake Shore and Downtown Campus. The Lake Shore campus offers a stunning view of Lake Michigan as well.
Loyola is a beautiful campus right on the lake of one of the most energetic cities in America! This location allows for so many incredible opportunities for research programs and internships, and the academics at this school definitely prepare students for a future in the real world as they are receiving so much real world experience even as an undergrad.
Diversity is a big deal at LUC, which is one of the reasons why I chose to apply in the first place. Student involvement on campus and in the community is encouraged, and many opportunities are provided. The academics are great, and I have really enjoyed most of the classes I have taken. Some professors are tougher than others, but all make themselves available to help the students. So far, I am very satisfied in my choice of colleges.
Loyola University Chicago provided me with a very transformative experience, I would recommend the school to anyone!
Loyola University Chicago is a diverse school intended to teach its Jesuit values to all students and staff alike. It offers a variety of academic classes, both on its Lakeshore and Water Tower campuses. The education program I am currently enrolled in is one of the few programs across the country that immerses its students in the field at an early point. I have enjoyed attended LUC for my undergraduate studies and will look into completing my graduate studies there as well.
The campus is simply beautiful and gorgeous. Everyone that I have met through Loyola have been helpful and ready to help.
I am a music major and French literature and language minor, previously I was a biology major. The professors in the music and language department are always willing and ready to help their students succeed. They want to create the best environment for learning and do their best to attend to the individual needs of all students. There are many opportunities for students to be involved in campus life if you are open to trying new things and actively search for involvement. One thing Loyola could improve on is providing more sections of classes that are mandatory for students to take. There are many biology majors and pre-health majors. It has been very difficult putting my class schedule together because of the lack of class availability, especially for general science classes and biology electives.
Loyola is a great place for academics, meeting new people, and is a great place to build your career! Many helpful and great professors! Glad I chose Loyola!
The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. There is a focus on social justice issues and environmental sustainability. The professors are engaging and always willing to help. Tons of resources with friendly and knowledgeable staff. Location is unparalleled--a beautiful, well-kept campus.
Review Loyola University Chicago
Great experience with faculty, staff, and students! Not only that but the overall environment is great, clean facilities and love the water fountains! Go Ramblers!
I actually only applied to appease my nightmare of a college counselor. However, after I got accepted and was offered a hefty merit scholarship, I figured I should at least see the campus. I was immediately blown away by how welcoming the school is. The campus is absolutely gorgeous being next to Lake Michigan, so much so that my phone was filled pictures of the beautiful setting. It also helps that its near downtown Chicago meaning that there are plenty of opportunities to build resumes. The teachers are fun and very helpful. Four years later with a degree in biology and heading off to med school in the fall, I am so glad I chose Loyola. My one critic is the administration has ridiculous policies but there are also many people who are willing to fight for you.
The campus is beautiful and resources are abundant- I have yet to start going though so there is not much for me to verify as of right now. The view of the lake is breathtaking and the dorms seem decent