Loyola University Chicago Reviews

2,515 reviews
Loyola is composed of professors who push for success, peers who strive for greatness, and beauty that surrounds the individual. After finishing my first year at Loyola, I can honestly say that I feel more thankful each day. All of my professors have been extremely kind, considerate, and helpful. They take time out of their busy day to meet with you and do all that they can to ensure your success. Students help each other out. When you commit Loyola, you are committing to a community. You are choosing to be kind to yourself and others. You are choosing to learn from those who are different and do not share your own perspectives. Loyola encourages us to learn from each other. When you commit to Loyola, you are rewarded through the constant motivation of the surrounding beauty of campus and academic success. What more can you ask for from a college?
The campus is absolutely beautiful. There is a great diversity and people from a wide range of backgrounds. The community is inclusive of all cultures, religions, and sexual orientations and identities.
I had gone to LUC for my first semester of college, only to have my parents pull me out before the second semester. However, Loyola was an amazing experience. I made so many new friends on their very welcoming campus, and I had a great time. There is so much to do and so much support from the student body; I felt like I was at my home away from home. The professors are very determined in their subject of teaching and make sure all students get the help they need. There's so many resources on campus to help students with whatever they need; there's a therapy dog, Tivo, as well to help students cope with finals stress. Despite transferring out of Loyola, there will always be a spot in my heart for this school. I absolutely loved my experience with it.
Review Loyola University Chicago
Loyola has provided me with the confidence to seize the moment and take advantage of rare and special opportunities to improve not only my life but the lives of those around me.
The best part is probably the campus aesthetics. It's right by Lake Michigan and the ground are kept really clean. Although I do wonder if more of our tuition dollars go to keeping the campus looking nice rather than resources for our education. There's constantly a lack of dry erase markers in each classroom. Also being a science major you would expect if we have to pay so much they would have decent equipment. Also, although I know the CORE classes are supposed to help us fulfill general education gaps it seems a little bit overdone. Also, Loyola needs to update their class prerequisites . Not all of them make sense.
Campus tour was very general and not helpful. The campus is close to the lake which is nice but also makes it very cold.
The campus ia aesthetically attractive, diversity, academics and student life are well managed. The food court is very appealing, since they have a variety of options from starbucks to burgers, pizza as healthy options.
LUC is a beautiful campus with faculty and staff that want to see the students succeed. There are many clubs and organizations to be involved with on campus from strengthening your faith to strengthening your communication skills, there's something for everyone.
I like that Loyola is a Jesuit school, emphasizes in social justice, its location next to lake Michigan, its beautiful campus, and the high education and support that they're able to provide.
My experience at Loyola was amazing. Everything I'm looking for in a college was present at Loyola. From my experience, Loyola has a very diverse student body. The college is in Chicago which provides so many great opportunities for internship/job positions. Loyola would be an absolutely fantastic school to attend.
Loyola is the best of both worlds- you are so close to the city with easy transportation to take you right to the heart of Chicago, while also being right on Lake Michigan, giving you less of a city feel. The classes and professors are determined to make you successful and the opportunities that Loyola grants you are unlimited. My experiences here are have been nothing short of great. The only thing I would change is the food from the dining halls, along with Loyola's rules that you have to have an all-access meal plan for the first two years.
I'm currently a senior at LUC and I have definitely enjoyed my four years here. There is a lot to do because you're so close to the city. I will say that there are not many parties (mostly just run by fraternities), so turning 21 and going to the bars made me enjoy the city a bit more. The campus is beautiful, despite the area around it being not so great. The classes aren't too hard, but they are challenging enough where you don't feel like it's too easy. I enjoyed my time here, even though my wallet has been emptied!
Looking forward to going to Loyola for my undergraduate degree. I visited and absolutely loved Lake Shore campus. Met some of great teachers and very excited to spend my next 4 years at this school.
There are so many opportunities to get involved on campus and the surrounding communities. The campus is beautiful and situated directly on the lake shore.
I love Loyola because of the variety of amazing people that I encounter here. The school has a great atmosphere in a busy city. It's the perfect mix of an urban environment and a classic college campus.
As a second semester freshman at Loyola University Chicago, I could not be more thoroughly impressed with this school. Something that was extremely important to me in my college search was the university´s study abroad program. I am so happy to say that Loyola has the most amazing program I could have ever asked for: the opportunity to spend my first year in Rome, Italy. This is called the Rome Start Program, where 25 other freshmen and I study at Loyola´s John Felice Rome Center. I would most definitely recommend this study abroad program to anyone because it has definitely fostered independence, increased my global awareness, and opened my eyes to different cultural experiences.
For starters, the campus is absolutely gorgeous and it is all about diversity. It was extremely easy to make friends and feel welcomed. It is also very diverse and accepts every person as they are. There is no judgement or "bullies" here.
Review Loyola University Chicago
I love the rich student diversity on campus. I am constantly in awe of the students that I am surrounded by in my classes everyday as they all come from different backgrounds and contribute to the diversity on campus. Loyola's campus is also gorgeous! Taking a stroll around campus during the fall or summer time immediately puts me in a better mood. One thing that disappoints me about LUC, however, is the financial aid office because they are not accessible or helpful to students.
Loyola is very different from other colleges. If you're looking to go to a small school that feels like a close knit community, then Loyola is the place for you. While I was hesitant on staying at Loyola at first, I'm glad that I chose to stay. The party scene is barely there, but there are plenty of other places you can go for a good time, like Northwestern. All in all, Loyola is a great place for someone who isn't looking for that state school environment and it allows you to make friends and get involved right away.
I am a freshman nursing student at Loyola University Chicago and I could not be happier with my decision to further my education at Loyola. The university has small class sizes and dedicated professors to ensure that you are getting the best education possible. Furthermore, the campus is located right on the shore of Lake Michigan so it has beautiful views. The school's proximity to downtown Chicago always offers students new places to explore and new experiences to enjoy. The campus life staff do a wonderful job putting together programs for first year students, helping them meet new people, find new interests, and grow as a person while working towards a degree.