Loyola University Chicago Reviews

2,520 reviews
Great experience with faculty, staff, and students! Not only that but the overall environment is great, clean facilities and love the water fountains! Go Ramblers!
I actually only applied to appease my nightmare of a college counselor. However, after I got accepted and was offered a hefty merit scholarship, I figured I should at least see the campus. I was immediately blown away by how welcoming the school is. The campus is absolutely gorgeous being next to Lake Michigan, so much so that my phone was filled pictures of the beautiful setting. It also helps that its near downtown Chicago meaning that there are plenty of opportunities to build resumes. The teachers are fun and very helpful. Four years later with a degree in biology and heading off to med school in the fall, I am so glad I chose Loyola. My one critic is the administration has ridiculous policies but there are also many people who are willing to fight for you.
The campus is beautiful and resources are abundant- I have yet to start going though so there is not much for me to verify as of right now. The view of the lake is breathtaking and the dorms seem decent
Review Loyola University Chicago
Loyola is a warm and open-minded environment. They are liberal for a Jesuit tied university but the Jesuit values of a well rounded education is evident. Most professors are knowledgeable in other areas than their own niche and are likely to tie in ideas from other courses to their own. Loyola takes pride in its ability to prepare students for post college life.
I liked how there are many activities available for students to participate in. I also like the campus set up and the academics that are there. I wish that they would change the housing situation. Recently, they accepted too many freshmen so there was little to no housing for juniors and seniors. They should change it so that there is equal housing available for the students.
Loyola is composed of professors who push for success, peers who strive for greatness, and beauty that surrounds the individual. After finishing my first year at Loyola, I can honestly say that I feel more thankful each day. All of my professors have been extremely kind, considerate, and helpful. They take time out of their busy day to meet with you and do all that they can to ensure your success. Students help each other out. When you commit Loyola, you are committing to a community. You are choosing to be kind to yourself and others. You are choosing to learn from those who are different and do not share your own perspectives. Loyola encourages us to learn from each other. When you commit to Loyola, you are rewarded through the constant motivation of the surrounding beauty of campus and academic success. What more can you ask for from a college?
The campus is absolutely beautiful. There is a great diversity and people from a wide range of backgrounds. The community is inclusive of all cultures, religions, and sexual orientations and identities.
I had gone to LUC for my first semester of college, only to have my parents pull me out before the second semester. However, Loyola was an amazing experience. I made so many new friends on their very welcoming campus, and I had a great time. There is so much to do and so much support from the student body; I felt like I was at my home away from home. The professors are very determined in their subject of teaching and make sure all students get the help they need. There's so many resources on campus to help students with whatever they need; there's a therapy dog, Tivo, as well to help students cope with finals stress. Despite transferring out of Loyola, there will always be a spot in my heart for this school. I absolutely loved my experience with it.
Loyola has provided me with the confidence to seize the moment and take advantage of rare and special opportunities to improve not only my life but the lives of those around me.
The best part is probably the campus aesthetics. It's right by Lake Michigan and the ground are kept really clean. Although I do wonder if more of our tuition dollars go to keeping the campus looking nice rather than resources for our education. There's constantly a lack of dry erase markers in each classroom. Also being a science major you would expect if we have to pay so much they would have decent equipment. Also, although I know the CORE classes are supposed to help us fulfill general education gaps it seems a little bit overdone. Also, Loyola needs to update their class prerequisites . Not all of them make sense.
Campus tour was very general and not helpful. The campus is close to the lake which is nice but also makes it very cold.
The campus ia aesthetically attractive, diversity, academics and student life are well managed. The food court is very appealing, since they have a variety of options from starbucks to burgers, pizza as healthy options.
LUC is a beautiful campus with faculty and staff that want to see the students succeed. There are many clubs and organizations to be involved with on campus from strengthening your faith to strengthening your communication skills, there's something for everyone.
I like that Loyola is a Jesuit school, emphasizes in social justice, its location next to lake Michigan, its beautiful campus, and the high education and support that they're able to provide.
My experience at Loyola was amazing. Everything I'm looking for in a college was present at Loyola. From my experience, Loyola has a very diverse student body. The college is in Chicago which provides so many great opportunities for internship/job positions. Loyola would be an absolutely fantastic school to attend.
Loyola is the best of both worlds- you are so close to the city with easy transportation to take you right to the heart of Chicago, while also being right on Lake Michigan, giving you less of a city feel. The classes and professors are determined to make you successful and the opportunities that Loyola grants you are unlimited. My experiences here are have been nothing short of great. The only thing I would change is the food from the dining halls, along with Loyola's rules that you have to have an all-access meal plan for the first two years.
I'm currently a senior at LUC and I have definitely enjoyed my four years here. There is a lot to do because you're so close to the city. I will say that there are not many parties (mostly just run by fraternities), so turning 21 and going to the bars made me enjoy the city a bit more. The campus is beautiful, despite the area around it being not so great. The classes aren't too hard, but they are challenging enough where you don't feel like it's too easy. I enjoyed my time here, even though my wallet has been emptied!
Review Loyola University Chicago
Looking forward to going to Loyola for my undergraduate degree. I visited and absolutely loved Lake Shore campus. Met some of great teachers and very excited to spend my next 4 years at this school.
There are so many opportunities to get involved on campus and the surrounding communities. The campus is beautiful and situated directly on the lake shore.
I love Loyola because of the variety of amazing people that I encounter here. The school has a great atmosphere in a busy city. It's the perfect mix of an urban environment and a classic college campus.