Loyola Marymount University Reviews

1,484 reviews
I absolutely love being a student at LMU and constantly feel empowered as a student and a young adult entering my career.
Attending Loyola Marymount University was the most amazing experience of my life. It gave me my best friends, an education focused around social justice, and the network that has propelled my career forward. The campus is beautiful and in a perfect location- 10 minutes from the beach, 20 minutes from downtown, sitting right above brand new Playa Vista.
I came here being skeptical. However, I have been impressed ever since I got here! The campus as a whole is so well-maintained. People are so kind and the campus is pretty! Professors are caring and classes are interactive. The food is honestly simplistic, but delicious at the same time. Library is just gorgeous! I have also just realized that LMU is ranked 3rd in the West. Lastly, if safety is one of your main concerns? Don't worry! I have been feeling safe since day 1. I love it here!

P. S: For you to have a chance to get admitted here, you would at least need 3.0 GPA.
Review Loyola Marymount University
This review is for the communications school to be specific.

I was super excited coming into LMU, and before I started, everyone at the school seemed to genuinely care. Once the semester began, that all changed. The advisement here is a joke. My advisor never knows anything, and has given me the wrong advice multiple times. Be careful, if you don't do your own research, you will not graduate based on what they tell you. Thankfully I questioned everything my advisor told me. They are also completely unsupportive of students' internship schedules, and do not want them to succeed outside of school. There was just one class I needed to fit my schedule, but needed an override for, and they wouldn't do it. They wanted me to drop out of a paid internship that I had already accepted and was going to start soon. Weird considering I represent the school as a student.
Went to visit on a school field trip looked nice had a good library. There was a good amount of diversity in the school student base.
It changed my life. The student life is amazing. You always have things to do on campus, there's always events, rushing, basketball games that will make every day different. Its film school is top in the nation, excellent professors in it. 100% recommend!
Loyola is a beautiful school, has many great views and very nice people all around. This school is also in the best area anyone can love possible. The beach is super close and so is the airport. The students show a lot of respect.
LMU is amazing (great professors, amazing campus, etc.) but the party scene isn't big and the campus food is terrible.
Loyola Marymount is a wonderful private institution. Their mission statement allows for each and every individual who is enrolled in the school to progress forward in their education and it is evident. It is right by the beach with one of the best views in Los Angeles that I personally find very attracting. The diversity is not the best but the people here are still all so amazing. Highly recommended school.
LMU is a great school, professors each hold the highest degree in their field. Courses are challenging, the campus is beautiful, food is good with many options/locally sourced choices.
The food is awful. Chefs clearly lack understanding on how to prepare food. There should be a stronger availability of classes,because there isn't,this poses difficulties in registration. Professors are available if you need help. Did not like freshmen housing since the two newer buildings have much larger dorms than the rest. Freshmen also do not have air conditioning,and the older buildings do not have elevators,which is uncomfortable. Campus is clean and quiet. Enjoy that the school is not directly in the hub of things, but places are within reach. Students and staff are also friendly.
There are several opportunities for all majors. I'm in the film school and the community is very welcoming and there are resources to succeed. The campus is beautiful and there are tons of activities to do. It's also super close to the beach which is amazing. There are some bad housing on campus and sometimes the campus food isn't that great.
I love LMU! It is absolutely beautiful! Everyone is super nice and most of the professors are very caring!
I love LMU! The professors are fabulous and so attentive. The Dean of my college knows me by name, yet the school is large enough that I meet someone new every single day!
My first time visiting the college was an great experience and I would highly recommend attending. It it one of my top schools that I would like to attend myself
Beautiful campus with a lot of opportunities. LionJobs makes finding a job easy. You can easily double major or have minors because there are so many degree programs offered by LMU. The food is way above average for campus food, and it's close to a number of good restaurants. Close to a bunch of beaches and LA landmarks - you can see Hollywood Sign from campus! Fun atmosphere and great weather - would recommend.
lmu has something for everyone. there's always a party if you're looking for one. there are so many unique educational opportunities, especially for those with learning disabilities. lmu listens to students. for example, students recently petitioned to make lmu a fair trade campus, and now, all lmu products are fair trade. the campus is beautiful and the gym is top notch, along with all of lmu's other facilities. you can really tell that every penny is put to good use here. turn left, there's the beach, turn right, there's the city, stay where you are, and you'll be surrounded by a caring, friendly, diverse, active, and rich community with tons of fun things to do on campus 24/7. you'll never be bored here. lmu cares about student safety above all else and is proactive and transparent about any reports made to public safety. lmu also requires new students to take classes about partying and forming relationships safely which sounds lame but it's all been fun and informative. go lions!
Review Loyola Marymount University
After attending LMU for a year I can honestly say that I love it here. The location of the University is perfect and allows for many opportunities to be offered to students. I am pleasantly surprised how challenging our Science College is. I am thoroughly enjoying all the students that go here because we all care about our education. One thing that I might say is priceless, is the amount of effort and care that professors put into their classes. It is rare to attend a university that have teachers who have office hours or are willing to schedule a time to meet with them. It is a very hands-on and lovely school.
The career office is really great with helping build resumes, and theres an online network to connect students with jobs.
Most of the class sizes are under 25 students. It really lets you be comfortable and share in discussion with the whole class. All of the professors are extremely passionate about what they're teaching and really want you to succeed.