- 4 Year
- LOS ANGELES, CA
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Please refer to our website for COVID-19 updates. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A+
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade A
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade B
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade B+
At LMU, we are committed to the encouragement of learning, the education of the whole person, and the service of faith and the promotion of justice. We are a diverse academic community with endless opportunities for intellectual engagement and real-world experience:
•Jesuit: educating men and women for others, who are prepared for lives filled with meaning and purpose.
•Los Angeles: LA is an inspiring city, and LMU is located in the heart of it. Being here means access to internships in every imaginable field, proximity to beaches and mountains, and of course, that endless sunshine.
•Personal and dynamic: We offer small class sizes to encourage intellectual engagement and growth. Hands-on learning experiences such as internships (1,500 available), leadership training and 60+ study abroad programs round out your education.
•Focused on your success: 97% of LMU grads have a positive outcome within six months of graduating (such as employment or in graduate school).
Loyola Marymount University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Marketing154 Graduates
- Psychology131 Graduates
- Communications121 Graduates
- Finance105 Graduates
- Economics86 Graduates
- Cinematography and Video Production79 Graduates
- Political Science and Government77 Graduates
- Entrepreneurship70 Graduates
- Biology62 Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production62 Graduates
Pre-College Summer Programs
Summer pre-college programs at Loyola Marymount University are an engaging opportunity for motivated high school students to get a sneak-peek at college life through a unique two- or four-week experience designed to challenge their critical and creative ways of thinking. Current high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply to join us on campus this summer!
- Mix of Online and on Campus0%
- On Campus0%
- Laid back, intelligent, a bit silly34%
- Pretty preppy but laid back.22%
- Laid back or pretending they're laid back.13%
- Handsome and wealthy6%
- Rich, white, and snobby3%
- Turn left,beach. Turn right, the city. ITS PERFECT38%
- Awesome bubble in the middle of the city & beach.19%
- It is what you want it to be.14%
- So much to do, you never get bored11%
- Clean, beautiful, and caring professors.7%
- Very stressful, but also beautiful4%
- Haven't started yet but looks amazing2%