Lower Columbia College Reviews

I completed 4 years with my Associates in Medical Assisting and I plan to get my Bachelor's in Medical Office Administration
In my time at Lower Columbia College, I have been in classes with people of all ages who have been able to pass on life experience with me. Some classes have been geared towards the development of social skill such as public speaking while others have focused on developing my skills as a student. In times when I was struggling with classes, I was able to go to the tutoring center and receive the help that made it so I could complete my class work while also learning. The classes are small enough for the professors to get to know you as a person and help you out when needed.
This is a review that is at least 100 characters. Please just enter me in the scholarship thing..........
Start Your Review of Lower Columbia College
I believe that the college should be accredited the highest star rating. There is a very present LGBTQ community, which I believe is amazing for them, rainbow flags (although they are not my thing, I prefer the red, white, and blue) fly all over the campus from trucks, cars, backpacks, ponytails, hands, anything that can hold the flag upright the students fly their flags. Having that support in a college atmosphere makes me happy to be a red devil and proud to be a student at Lower Columbia College. GO RED DEVILS!
I loved attending this school years ago. It broke my heart i had to drop out due to health problems and have 2 very small chidren. Now that my children are teens I am so happy that if I can get $1200 to pay for the first quarter my financial aid will be returned and i can finally get a degree and be a role model for my kids.
This college is amazing. The teachers are great and help me with everything. They always want the best for you and encourage you.
The professors will work with you when possible. (Kids, illness, tutoring) It's almost impossible to link up with the free tutors they swear they have. There are a ton of highschoolers who fight and smoke. Crackheads show up for the free money stay for a week and leave. There are no dorms. Police survey the entire area to hand out parking tickets because 1/3 of students don't have access to parking despite buying passes. The bookstore is fab though. However the teachers are fantastic and lively.
My Experience here at Lower Columbia College has been super beneficial. The staff are super helpful and strive to help their students into succeeding. They only struggle with their admission office, they have students running the main desks and they occasionally don't get things always right, You have to ask like 3 people before you get the right answer
Mostly amazing teachers and beautiful campus. Only wish that teachers would focus less on “self teaching”/group work.
I have had an awesome experience at LCC. I am only in my first year, but have gained so much knowledge and experience that I can apply to not only my college life but also my personal life.
I love lower Columbia College they’re very supportive and they go above and beyond to help their students succeed .
If you play it smart, LCC can be a very awesome college. The anthropolgy classes with Trey Batey were my favorite most educational classes.
LCC has been so wonderful in continuing my education. The professors and class size make it is easy to have personal relationships with others that attend LCC.
I am currently going to Lower Columbia College and honestly I like how the teachers I am currently taking are resourceful and very enthusiastic about our learning. And I like how there are a ton of resources available for us to succeed. The parking is still pretty bad but not as bad as it used to be. But one thing I would change would be the financial aid office or info office to return phone calls. When I was transferring from another college to LCC I called them multiple times and I got voicemail and I didn't get a call back but I decided to just go in person. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
I have really enjoyed my time at Lower Columbia College and would recommend it to anyone looking to attend a community college.
Although I am technically not enrolled in classes yet, since I have been accepted and plan to attend, the administration is very helpful, and allows me to use resources that I am not entitled to.
Lower Columbia College is a great campus for anyone that has just graduated for high school or going back to school. The atmosphere is provide is safe and easy to navigate. The library is one of the best I've ever seen and their free tutoring program is amazing.
Start Your Review of Lower Columbia College
The professors I've had do very little. It took my english professor 50 days to grade my first essay for English 101. I feel as if I learned more in a month of high school than my two quarters at LCC so far.
Overall I have had a good experience attending Lower Columbia College. For the most part the instructors are great and the support staff available to students has contributed considerably to my success as a student. However, I think they need to replace the instructor and advisor of the medical assisting program with people who actually care about helping students succeed. Their derogatory attitude and unrealistic expectations toward struggling students was completely unbecoming an educational institution whose purpose is supposed to be to prepare students for entering the workforce. With the exception of my disappointing experience in the medical assisting program I have no complaints about Lower Columbia College as a whole.
Between the online and the class schedules so far I have not had to do much rearranging of my schedule. That being said I do see it coming up in the future when I start the nursing program as it is very structured. I have not transferred any credits but have looked at transferring and they are an accredited college and will be accepted at Uni.