Lower Columbia College Reviews

The professors will work with you when possible. (Kids, illness, tutoring) It's almost impossible to link up with the free tutors they swear they have. There are a ton of highschoolers who fight and smoke. Crackheads show up for the free money stay for a week and leave. There are no dorms. Police survey the entire area to hand out parking tickets because 1/3 of students don't have access to parking despite buying passes. The bookstore is fab though. However the teachers are fantastic and lively.
My Experience here at Lower Columbia College has been super beneficial. The staff are super helpful and strive to help their students into succeeding. They only struggle with their admission office, they have students running the main desks and they occasionally don't get things always right, You have to ask like 3 people before you get the right answer
Mostly amazing teachers and beautiful campus. Only wish that teachers would focus less on “self teaching”/group work.
Start Your Review of Lower Columbia College
I have had an awesome experience at LCC. I am only in my first year, but have gained so much knowledge and experience that I can apply to not only my college life but also my personal life.
I love lower Columbia College they’re very supportive and they go above and beyond to help their students succeed .
If you play it smart, LCC can be a very awesome college. The anthropolgy classes with Trey Batey were my favorite most educational classes.
LCC has been so wonderful in continuing my education. The professors and class size make it is easy to have personal relationships with others that attend LCC.
I am currently going to Lower Columbia College and honestly I like how the teachers I am currently taking are resourceful and very enthusiastic about our learning. And I like how there are a ton of resources available for us to succeed. The parking is still pretty bad but not as bad as it used to be. But one thing I would change would be the financial aid office or info office to return phone calls. When I was transferring from another college to LCC I called them multiple times and I got voicemail and I didn't get a call back but I decided to just go in person. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
I have really enjoyed my time at Lower Columbia College and would recommend it to anyone looking to attend a community college.
Although I am technically not enrolled in classes yet, since I have been accepted and plan to attend, the administration is very helpful, and allows me to use resources that I am not entitled to.
Lower Columbia College is a great campus for anyone that has just graduated for high school or going back to school. The atmosphere is provide is safe and easy to navigate. The library is one of the best I've ever seen and their free tutoring program is amazing.
The professors I've had do very little. It took my english professor 50 days to grade my first essay for English 101. I feel as if I learned more in a month of high school than my two quarters at LCC so far.
Overall I have had a good experience attending Lower Columbia College. For the most part the instructors are great and the support staff available to students has contributed considerably to my success as a student. However, I think they need to replace the instructor and advisor of the medical assisting program with people who actually care about helping students succeed. Their derogatory attitude and unrealistic expectations toward struggling students was completely unbecoming an educational institution whose purpose is supposed to be to prepare students for entering the workforce. With the exception of my disappointing experience in the medical assisting program I have no complaints about Lower Columbia College as a whole.
Between the online and the class schedules so far I have not had to do much rearranging of my schedule. That being said I do see it coming up in the future when I start the nursing program as it is very structured. I have not transferred any credits but have looked at transferring and they are an accredited college and will be accepted at Uni.
Online is easy to set up they use an outside company to host the classes. I used this same service at a different school and it was exactly the same. The professors answer emails timely and the peer to peer is good.
It is a CC so the highest you can get is an Associates degree but they are set up with the state Uni's to transfer and continue your education if you wish.
Most of the stuff love their jobs and are enthusiastic about teaching the courses. That being said I have had a few that where close to retiring and did not give a great class. This is when being a good student is key.
Start Your Review of Lower Columbia College
I work at the local hospital and they have a great reputation with the college for the Nursing program which is what I am studying. Some over the other stuff I have heard but not experienced that they lack the outside help for when you are done with school.
If you put in the work you will learn. You can have the best teachers but if you are a bad student then you will not learn enough.
I would not say it is the best CC but it is a good stepping stone to further yourself before you decide to go to Uni.