Louisiana Tech University Reviews

I love attending Louisiana Tech!! The professors are awesome and will frequently help you if you have any problems with the coarse work in addition to being great people. They make me feel like everyone on campus is an extension of my family. I really cant put into words how much i love this place!
So far I am in love with Tech! Everyone is very helpful & kind. No matter what the problem may be, some one is always there to assist you. The classes are very rigerous and challenging. The professors really connect with and care about students. The cafe food is delicious & if that isn’t enough, there’re several other restaurants surrounding campus. I love the location and the spirit of Tech!
As soon as I stepped on campus I knew it was home. There is something for everyone to feel welcome. The students support each other and encourage each other to be successful.
Start Your Review of Louisiana Tech University
I love everything about Louisiana Tech and I don't see any need to change anything because the people there make you feel more welcome then ever. The education at Louisiana Tech is amazing.
Louisiana Tech does a wonderful job of keeping connected and having a family oriented atmosphere. There is always something going on around campus that is open for students to come and enjoy. Currently they are going through some changes in that developing more dorms and paved parking all over campus.
I loved the campus. I loved the people in the engineering department. I wished the dorms were cleaned and painted during the summer for incoming freshmans and they had better beds.
My tour at Louisiana Tech Univeristy was amazing. The faculty, students, and parents of everyone were very open and ready for anything you had for them. The atmosphere feels like home.
Louisiana Tech University is full of things to experience. They value academic integrity but i have had problems in the past with the Biology Department. Unlike the business department at Tech some of the professors are not available to help a student learn or give guidance. But overall a beautiful and growing campus.
I really like Louisiana Tech and I think the electrical engineering program is very good. I think they need to hire more teachers for engineering. The focus is too much on business.
Louisiana Tech University has given me such a great college experience in just my first year there. The people there offer you so many opportunities to help your academic career. They also believe it is important for you to create relationships and there are many opportunities to do so. Their nursing program has just been ranked number one in the nation and I believe that you will be more than qualified when you leave this school.
My experience at Louisiana tech has been great! The diversity of the school is a plus and also the programs that are offered. The only thing that I would change would be the food options in the cafeteria to some better options.
So far my experience at Louisiana Tech has been a positive one. The school does it's best to include the include the students in most activities and there are a lot of opportunities to get extra help for classes. The workload for certain higher level classes is kind of bad but that's par for the course in prestigious schools.
I am a graduating engineering senior from Tech, and I’ve had a very negative experience. If you’re not familiar with substandard Southern schools, let me give you a refresher:

Racism
Fatty Food
Low emphasis on improvement or self awareness.

If you’re coming from the North like I was, you may not be consciously thinking, “Wow, I’m really glad I’m a white male,” LaTech will be sure to remind you. Taking a trip to Ruston is like taking a trip 30 years into the past. White men often you use the N-Word, and talks of segregation still occur: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-settles-school-district-desegregate-elementary-school-classrooms-ruston

Grambling, a HBC (Historically Black College), still exists about 10 minutes away in order to maintain seeming racial and societal segregation between wealthy Ruston and relatively poorer Grambling.
Have fun as much as you can. Great environment and has one of the best athletics in the nation. Plenty of annoying people but if you find the right circle this will be the best experience of your life.
Ruston is a bit small for me but besides that minor drawback my experience here has been excellent. I am an English major here and I have loved my professors so far. They've all been very helpful. People here are friendly and engaging.
I have attended Dual Enrollment classes through LA Tech since my Sophmore year. I also attended the Summer Enrichment program last summer and will attend the Scholars program this summer. It has given me a chance to enter this college with multiple college credits already.
Academics depend on your major, and if they are core requirements. Overall, the campus is fun once you meet people, and the school offers several organizations to be involved in. Most of the facilities are old and worn, and as of March 2018, there are construction projects taking place to improve the campus.
Start Your Review of Louisiana Tech University
I'm currently a senior at Louisiana Tech and I have loved every minute! I joined a sorority my first year and through that I have gained friends who encouraged me to get involved on campus in areas that I'm interested in and in organizations that they thought I would like. Because of the wonderful people at LaTech, I've been a member of leadership team at my church, the Student Government Association, Bulldogs for Life, AED PreMed Society, and many honor societies. The friends I've made here see the potential in me and push me to apply for leadership positions on campus. I'm pre-med and as I've gotten older, I've grown close to other students in my major and they are a HUGE support system for me because we share notes, advice, and prepare for things like interviews together. I can't think of much that I would change. I would like for the Pre-Med/Pre-Dent Advisory Committee interviews to be offered in the fall quarter instead of just once a year in the spring quarter.
Living on campus without a car makes living in Ruston a little harder than the average person. Off campus is not very pedestrian friendly. As far as the campus itself, it's very small and easy to navigate. All of the professors I've had so far have been very dedicated to teaching, and all of my classes have been worthwhile. There is not a huge party scene outside of fraternities and sororities. Tech is a good college for people who are focused on their studies and don't mind the lack of party scene.
Louisiana Tech University is a very unique place. It offers everyone a quality education, and also it makes you feel like you mean something.