Louisiana Tech University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.89 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.95 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.48 responses
Colleges like Louisiana Tech University
- BUniversity of Louisiana - Monroe
- 4 Year
- Monroe, LA
- 623 reviews
- B-Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- 4 Year
- Natchitoches, LA
- 846 reviews
- BMcNeese State University
- 4 Year
- Lake Charles, LA
- 696 reviews
- A-University of Louisiana - Lafayette
- 4 Year
- Lafayette, LA
- 1,238 reviews
Louisiana Tech University Reviews
I have loved Louisiana Tech since the moment I set foot on campus. I love the atmosphere and the friendliness from everyone on staff. Ruston is a wonderful place to live and I've never encountered an unkind person since I began there three years ago. Every teacher I've had at Louisiana Tech has been great. In my experience, they all go above and beyond to make sure you understand the material and really learn what is taught! LA Tech has a beautiful campus. Though some of the dorms aren't the greatest place you'll stay, living on campus freshman year have me a college experience I'll never forget. The stories and memories Louisiana Tech has given me will be stories I tell for years to come. Ever loyal I will be & HBTD!
The education is great! I really feel like I'm learning skills that will be useful in my career. The people are very friendly and it seems like everyone really cares about my education. Living in the dorms is great because they're in the center of campus so it's easy to get to class and also meet up with friends. But with how many clubs and organizations there are to choose from, it's really easy to get involved on campus, even when you don't live in the dorms. It is a college town, so a lot of people go home on the weekends. If you like to be busy all the time this could be a problem, but it gives me time to hang with a few friends and catch up on schoolwork.
Overall, I love Louisiana Tech! I will ever loyal be to my great University. I'm glad that now they are making improvements to the parking and campus living situations for future students. Tech is a great institution.