Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans Reviews

I am in Nursing School at LSU Health Sciences Center. The school, along with faculty, have earned many awards for the incredible education program they offer. One very amazing experience I have had thus far is being able to learn in a cadaver lab for Anatomy. It is something many nursing schools do not offer to their students and it was truly a great way to learn. I can not wait for the future academic endeavors LSU allows me to take. This school is an excellent place to begin your educational experience in any medical field.
The school is in a pretty bad area but they do have a tip line and officers that patrol but theres a lot of people hanging around and we get a lot of crime alerts
the courses are good, the professors are hit or miss and the classes are mid sized
Review Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans
They have one career fair per semester but no career center. You're pretty much on you're own
There is only intramural sports within the 6 schools and no facilities on campus expect a basketball court
The clinical are great if you get a good instructor, the location is great, lots of culture and I would choose it again
The program I entered is just starting out. They definitely have a few kinks to work out in scheduling, but overall I have had a good experience. The professors care about how you reflect on the profession so they care about you doing well. They keep up with your grades to make sure you aren't having difficulties in a particular area, and if you are they do their best to help you improve.
The security is present but not always visible.
I would choose this school again because I graduated with my bachelors from here.
The financial aid process is much easier now that the IRS copies your W2 to the Fafsa application.
It's connected to many different other colleges that have people in majors such as (medical school, PA school, speech therapy school, etc.)
This specific nursing school is preparing me for the type of nurse I want to become.
New Orleans is an awesome city to live in especially during college.
Our nursing school puts together parties at the beginning and end of each semester to celebrate.
Our campus supports LSU's sports but only has the intramural sports of its own that is not as poplar as much as other sports are at LSU.
There is so much variety to choose from when living off-campus.
Through the intensity of this program, I feel like I will be adequately prepared to work on my patients compared to those of other programs. I want to continue my education to nurse practitioner and with LSU this opportunity can make this goal achievable for me. I do not have any concerns about finding a job in my career.
Review Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans
It is a great school, but much more intense than any other nursing programs in the area. However, once graduated you are honored with a degree from LSU which is highly respected.
The police officers are on duty 24 hours a day and there is surveillance cameras that are all over campus.
Everyone in our campus is very dedicated to their studies and drugs are not an issue. The school gives random drug tests frequently.