Los Angeles Valley College Reviews

The music department at LAVC is top notch! Most of the professors write their own books and are Doctors. How many community colleges can you find the majority of the staff with a PhD?
Los Angeles Valley offers many courses. Whether it's online, on campus, or day or evening courses, there are many course that can suit everyone's schedule.
I really love how the ability to choose and take classes is very easy. They offer a bunch of online classes too.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Valley College
Overall my college experience has been very well. The only qualms I have with it is that trying to get a counseling appointment is a hassle and a half. The college campus is beautiful as well as modern.
I was originally enrolled at Los Angeles Pierce College but after a horrible semester came straight to LAVC and have enjoyed every day of it. Professors are outstanding and the student body is diverse and very friendly.
Los Angeles Valley College is a very great school. All the teachers are so accommodating and really help push their students to do their best work. They always make sure to be available outside of class hours to help students one on one and answer emails very quickly. There are a variety of different classes to take in order to determine a major that is right for you. Everyone on campus is very friendly and the counselors are available to make sure you are right on track to getting your degree.
My experience at Los Angeles valley college have been good Forbes most of it. It is an underrrated school, nonorganic of my friends want to come here, it has a bad reputation. But, from my experience it is not bad at all. I’ve found a lot of support here, people that has put their trust in me. I would recommend attending Los Angeles Valley College but if you have the opportunity to go to a 4-year university I’d say “go for it” instead of a community college.
Los Angeles valley college is a good school if you know where to look for help when you need it, but that obviously comes with time. Most of the professors are excellent and challenge you in the subjects your learning but also provide many opportunities to grow past the material. Counselors on the other hand are not usually very helpful, in my experience they seem to rarely listen to needs, push their own ideas on students, and usually answer every question with a no before you’ve finished. I was able to transfer out to a university, but I wish the counselors had made it easier for me and that I didn’t have to do so much searching for info and work on my own.
I really enjoy Valley College because of the people, the small campus, and the athletic department. The campus is easy to get around so you don't have to worry about walking miles to get to class. Their new athletic buildings and fields are filled with locker rooms, a gym, and brand new turf fields. Something I would like to see changed about Valley College is the parking at the school.
All the professors have been amazing and really care in teaching the students everything they need to know. The professors are able to teach subjects that students can relate to.
As a highschool student, I attended this college and the thing I noticed was the amazing professors I received. There is nothing better than acquiring knowledge from a professor that makes learning a fun environment.
It's really hard to do all the process including English and Math however I am willing to work hard to get my grades up and pass the semesters.
Attending Los Angeles Valley College was one of the best choices I ever made. Not only did I save money by attending this community college, I also attained an amazing educational experience that has greatly prepared me for university. The counselors are there to help you, but I would highly recommend that everyone who attending LAVC to participate in student organizations because that is where I attained some of the best advice. Most students at LAVC are more than happy to provide assistance or advice. I would highly advise students who attend LAVC to join a student organization or club, carefully pick professors, and enjoy!
Los angeles valley college is a wonderful place. They are always trying to help me with my work, they are always cheking up with me to make sure that I am doing good in school. The clubs there are awesome they also care about how you are doing in academics and life wise.
I assisted Valley College for a few months just to take 12 units, however I am currently in high school. The teachers at Valley are, for the most part, easy to pass, and they are very nice and understanding.
Overall, Los Angeles Valley College is a great community college to get your general education courses done with intent on transferring to a four year university. I have found that during my time at LAVC, every professor I have taken has been supportive and helpful. Not only are the teachers amazing, but the campus itself has come a long way from where it once was. The campus has newly renovated buildings that provide classes with adequate resources. All in all, I would recommend taking classes at LAVC.
Valley has improved in quality over the years I have been there. At first, it did fit the description about how it resembled a "high school" instead of a college. Now, the campus has grown, they have become stricter in terms of admissions and financial process-- which is actually good because that way those who actually need the money can get it.

An awesome part about Valley, is that it is part of the LACC District (LACCD), and so when you can't find a particular class you need, you can venture into the other schools that are part of the district.

Before, I would have to separately print out schedules and transcripts from all the LACCD schools I was attending, but now, everything is listed within one sole class schedule and one sole transcript.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Valley College
What I like about valley college is my experience with some of the professors I had. Some of them weren't good but I had a select few that I absolutely loved. They were very passionate and smart about what they taught and they really tried to execute it as best as they can to their students. The school itself is alright, it is pretty old and the architecture of it all should be renovated, but overall, the school provides a lot of resources for transfer students and that is really what is most important (on top of having good classes/professors of course). Also, I think they need to offer a bit more of classes, especially computer science classes.
There is many Los Angeles community district colleges, but what I like about los Angeles valley college is that everyone is friendly and well informed. I like that when I need help with anything especially in my education plan, all staff are there to help and they are always doing event or information event to help yourself with your future.
The way you signed up for classes were convenient time wise, and counselors there are very helpful. However, I do wish the financial aid office was more helpful at times.