Los Angeles Valley College Reviews

The way you signed up for classes were convenient time wise, and counselors there are very helpful. However, I do wish the financial aid office was more helpful at times.
I really like the campus it's really calm and there's so much green everywhere. I also like that everyone is so helpful when I'm having an issue whether it's with Financial Aid or Admissions and Records. I like how the staff always answers my phone calls and questions politely and they're also very patient.
My overall experience well I'm not really sure but I have been to the campus and its very nice. I'm planning on attending this college once as graduate from high school.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Valley College
The people at LAVC are all very kind and helpful. Teachers stay in track of their work and will answer any questions you may have. The campus is very clean and the café is nice.
Staff And teachers here are eager to aid those who are willing to learn. The campus is very clean, and the architecture is gorgeous.
Predatory book rental program designed to make its students pay FULL PRICE for inflated textbooks--text books that are HUNDREDS of dollars. it's packaged information that is otherwise freely available online, these prices are unethical. Don't give your money to them.
LAVC is a good two year college for students who are preparing to transfer or just pursuing an associate degree. There are tutors available on campus to help students. One things that I would like to see improved, would be adding more faculty to teach science, especially advanced classes.
The location and ease of access to classes were very favorable and convenient. It’s a great school to complete credits but the campus itself is small and doesn’t stand out from others.
I'm planning to major in film studies. The courses offered are good but limited. the teachers are relatively good. They're building a new building and facility for the media art department, but as of now we are using the much older buildings and there are only a few equipment for check out. The cafeteria food can definitely improve, so does the hygiene and the security of the campus. Finding parking spots can be a real pain at certain days and hours.
I am enjoying taking courses at Los Angeles Valley College. I like how the school offers various instructors for the same classes. What I appreciate the most is that many of the classes that I needed offered an evening time class. This helped me to work during the day but go to school at night.
professors are hit and miss. either excellent or complete crap. classes are not hard to get. many new buildings have recently been constructed and the campus is pretty nice.
What I liked about Valley college was that the campus is very nice and it is always clean. The instructors here are very nice and helpful with their classes. The counselors are great at their job, they help you find what major you want and they help you pick the right classes for your major.
What I liked about LAVC is the environment. It seems like we are in a forest or something like that. Its really nice. There isn't really that much communication in school with othes. Everyone just go to their classes and leaves. But overall its a really nice school.
The best thing about LAVC to me is definitely the fact that it is easy to get to since it has an orange line stop, which runs through the valley. the most important reason I like this campus is because of the fact that it doesn't go with plus/ minus grading system and instead just gives an A, B, C or any other grade.
I had a good experience with LAVC. I took a math placement test, took a statistics class (on a Saturday), bought a parking permit, and had several dealing with the student services office. I had positive and fairly easy experiences with most everything. One star off for the LACC web pages--not user friendly and for difficulty with financial aid. I could have had my tuition refunded to me, but it was difficult dealing with the financial aid office.
Im a freshman at LAVC, so far the school environment is really good I feel very welcomed. It's a clean school, the professor I met so far are really kind people, and they have programs I will likely join.
What I like about Valley college is that the professor are very helpful and can work with you when you cannot attend class.The campus is very nice and the library is a nice place to get homework done when you need to get work done.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Valley College
Lavc is a great community college in my opinion, the campus offers a healthy clean environment and their campus food is great. Also, the restaurants in the area are clean and they have many healthy choices. The campus itself offers many opportunities to its students as far as tutoring and guidance when needed. The staff and professors are great, always very helpful and the campus is easy to get around. The classrooms need some updating, but overall it's is a pleasant environtment.
I like the teachers I've had so far. Knowledgeable, driven, kind and positive! I don't like the international office at the school though. I always get different answers from everyone and more often than not, I've gotten the wrong answers from many of them. As an international student it's crucial to get the correct answers to not jeopardize my student visa. It's very stressful. I feel like they're not motivated to help their students sometimes.
My overall experience had its ups and downs. I as a student had gotten my AA degree in Administration of Justice currently on 2017. After finishing I looked back at it for a moment and I had wish that I knew that to be a so call "Honor Student" I would have to have a 3.6 or above with 15 unit's at most. I had one semester 6 classes. I did sleep for days but eventually I got a 3.6 that semester. What they hadn't told me is that I needed 3 semesters then i would be considered an Honor student. If I had know that before hand I would have worked my butt off for that because I would do anything to get my parents proud of me and be a good row model for my siblings. Overall I think that Valley College should be on your list because the faculty member , teachers and over all people help you reach your goals. They really care for students and there future. Just one advice , make a lot of friends and be social its always good to know people for future references and help if you need it.