Los Angeles Southwest College Reviews

The campus is very modern looking and is looked after very well. There is rarely trash on the grounds around campus. The professors are great and are more than willing to help out whenever asked too. My only problem with this school is the fact that there is no cafeteria. Our only means of getting food is the 2 food trucks they provide.
This college not only helps you with getting through your courses but also helps you choose the correct ones to transfer as soon as you can. It is a great college.
I really enjoy going to the school. I felt like the counselors and Professor really wanted me to succeed and do my best. Also the facilities are very well kept and safe.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Southwest College
SouthWest Community College overall is a great school however, can use a few improvements. Beginning with the good parts, SouthWest has a few professors who really care and take passion in their job which is great for the student. I also find the campus to be very appealing and clean, on the outside. I also like how there is a sheriff station on campus which makes me feel safe at all times. As far as the poor factors that come with SouthWest, the first would be the bug problem, specifically ants. During the summer, there is so many ants outside and surprisingly, they are all in classrooms as well which can be a slight distraction. Also, I do feel that some of the students here are not really as dedicated as they should be and they do not really take school serious as a whole. Overall, SouthWest Community College is a good school to attend however, just like every other school, it can use some improvements.
This is a good school as far as diversity, the ease to find classes, and more. Something they should change about the school is to maybe look into adding a cafeteria. I know they have food trucks, but some people may prefer not to eat that food. Another change that should be made is with the sand in the Child Development Center because their is a community of cats that come and use it as a litter box which then causes the children to get sick. Overall, their needs to be a few changes, but this is a great school.
Los Angeles Southwest College was a great start for me, they given more than enough time and space for you to get the classes you need to succeed. The resources that are offered will benefit you greatly.
Overall my experience has been pleasant. The campus has been renovated and there are plans for more improvements in the works. There is no cafeteria,unfortunately the only place to get a hot meal is the food truck. Class offerings are limited but students are able to register in classes within the other seven colleges in LACCD. Student life is beginning to take off with many events scheduled for the upcoming fall semester and student clubs are on the rise.
Internet:
Wifi is usually always available except in the far classrooms in the AV trailers

Teachers:
Excellent always willing to help students

Services:
Not many services offered to students, it could be more of a push to have more groups and services offered to students.

Students:
Many of the students are commute students who are there to take classes and leave. Unfortunately there are also alot of students that are combative with teachers and there to just waste time.
I had a great experience at LASW. I thought it wasn't going to be a nice school, but the school was very updated and they had the same professors that taught at UCLA teaching at LASW. I wish I would have attended this school in the beginning.
It was a trying time at Southwest. Academic wise, the school is ok. I attended LASC prior to all of the improvements that make it look fancy. The bathrooms were always dirty and foul smelling. The bathroom floors were always sticky. There were several occasions where the school's safety was compromised. The food trucks on campus are hygienically dirty, overpriced, and will give you some sort of food poisoning.
The professors are extremely passionate. They care about the students success, family and their community. Most give us students extra attention and time with them if needed. All of the counselors and staff too give their all.
The classes are up to date the learning process is head on and I'm able to keep up with the young kids.
This is higher learning for me, I'm moving up in the world
It has been along time sine I have been in school so all of this is new to me but I love learning new things and college has open me up to the college seen.
I love Los Angeles Southwest college, the professor are very professional.
It is straightforward. This school is easy to be part of this school. I also work when I am not in school. My job has offer me great hours where I can attend school.
I only had been in one online class. This class has help me out a lot in a way because it save me time to be in class and I can only be elsewhere and do my homework. They are different because most of the studies you need to do it on your own, because you don't have classmates help you with the subject.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Southwest College
The graduation has a higher percentage than the previous year. It has proven that this year it has become better .
The class size varies. Some are small others are big. The class range from my own experience is from 20 to 60 persons. I usually in a small class.
Each semester you meet different person, but most of the student that were within this school you become friends. The degree that this school offer is great because the professor has experience within the subject in which they know best.