Los Angeles Harbor College Reviews

There are some really good teachers there! I have never through my education life have had a good english and math professor. Math i could never understand I mastered it with the help that my professor gave me.
My experience with Harbor College has been great. For one, they have a excellent child development center on campus which my daughter attends and she loves it. The teachers are well trained, care and go above and beyond to teach your children. For my studies at Harbor college, I would give the teachers 5 stars! I have a couple favorite teachers but, they were all full of knowledge and you could tell they really cared about their job and their students, I am great full for being able to take their class. Also, the Cal-works office on campus is amazing, the staff and councilors are are extremely helpful.
Good if you are a low income student who wants to transfer within a few years. Staff are helpful and it will remind you a bit of high school. Professors are really helpful during their office hours, and there's tons of programs you can be a part of.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Harbor College
Please take my word that what I took from this school is professionally, confidence, opportunities, experience and so much more. I appreciate all who poured into me, who were patient with me and help me. Know and keep in mind that this school has so much to offer. Show your drive and desire to succeed and they'll work with you.
Los Angeles Harbor College is a great school and the teachers are very helpful and kind. Having the sheriff department right next door is really great and the school safety is great.
The library is beautiful and has great study areas. The campus is in construction so it’s improving but the cafeteria needs some work.
for a community college there is really not much to ask for. the professors are great and so is the atmosphere.
I'm in the nursing program, which is the 5th best RN program in CA. The nursing program and its staff are amazing, and the prerequisites I took were good. However, the financial aid office is disorganized. They've lost my paperwork, have not processed my paperwork in a span of four months, and the staff is rude and unwilling to help.
This is my first semester at this college and this is an excellent school. The professors here are very helpful, they listen you what you have to say and concerns. Im enjoying my time here.
AVOID THE NURSING SCHOOL!

I would only recommend you apply once Ms. Larson, Ms. Yamakawa, and Ms. Nowinski retire and leave the program. The recent graduating class was a class of 12 but originally had over 50 students. They make nursing a true ordeal and I would NOT have attended this school if I knew what I know now.

5th in the state and 1st in cheating. Cheat or repeat is the mantra the students have at this school. Most of the local hospitals have heard of the massive fail rates and have seen first hand how some students are unable to perform basic tasks or basic math with the aid of another. Do you want a cheater and incompetent nurse taking care of your loved one in a time of need? I don't. I'm embarrassed I'm associated with this school.
Harbor college is a great school, it has strong points , such as their nursing program . Teachers are educated , and there are resources for students who need extra help learning. Great stepping stone to a four year.
I've attended Harbor College for roughly 1 and a half years and I would say that the school is top-notch. Academics, whether it's general education or majors, you'll receive an education that will blow private colleges away. As for student life, diversity is what makes the community feel great. The campus is very well designed and still undergoing construction for more buildings. Campus events are occasionally scheduled every few weeks and can bring in quite a crowd. The teachers and staff at the college are very professional and will help anyone in need (like Mr. Song from Architecture). Feeling hungry, give the food truck a try or the cafeteria; both will make your hunger disappear. Athletics, the school has opportunities for those to try out for the Sea-hawk football team and the track-and-field team. Lastly, as for safety, there is a local sheriff station on site that will deal with any potential situations that can arise at the college.
The campus was neat and well kept. There are lots of staff available to help point newcomers into the right directions. The professors are nice and very dedicated to providing first rate education for their students. There are lots of opportunities to thrive in Harbor. It's the perfect place to start off one's college journey or picking up where one left off. Great transfer programs, helpful counselors, and a great campus to call home.
I'm entering the Nursing program here. They really care about your success. I've never seen such a warm attitude towards students entering the program. They even bring in current students at orientation who tell you their personal tips to success. I am really looking forward to starting here in the Fall.
The entire environment and vibe of the school is great. The teachers are nice and the classes are easy to register for. In addition, the students are welcoming.
Overall, I have had a great experience with the Los Angeles Harbor Community College. From my experience, a majority of the professors were kind enough to help me in my time of need demonstrating their affinity to go above and beyond their normal role as a "professor". The campus has been remodeled recently, which adds a nice modern touch to the campus. Due to my schedule I would take classes in the afternoon and at night. In all my semesters spent at LAHC I have always felt that my safety was secured; campus police would always patrol the premises and ensure a safe and comfortable experience. Overall, I believe that everyone should attend this school. It has much to offer.
Nice labs, variety of classes, spacious library. Classes are easy. Some places lack lighting at night.
Start Your Review of Los Angeles Harbor College
My experience at Los Angeles Harbor College was everything you could ask for in a community college experience. Extremely helpful staff, as well as professors that are all well-versed in their subjects, many of whom are University-level professors that also teach at Harbor. In addition, the campus is in the middle of renovations, featuring many new buildings and state-of-the-art equipment.
I like harbor college because during the first semester of my junior year, I took a chemistry class and was able to finally attend a lab for the first time. It was a very fun and exciting learning experience I had.
Great services be sure to taek advantages of them. Professors are great, always there during office hours. The new library is a great place to study for a couple of hours.