Los Angeles Harbor College Reviews

Overall, I have had a great experience with the Los Angeles Harbor Community College. From my experience, a majority of the professors were kind enough to help me in my time of need demonstrating their affinity to go above and beyond their normal role as a "professor". The campus has been remodeled recently, which adds a nice modern touch to the campus. Due to my schedule I would take classes in the afternoon and at night. In all my semesters spent at LAHC I have always felt that my safety was secured; campus police would always patrol the premises and ensure a safe and comfortable experience. Overall, I believe that everyone should attend this school. It has much to offer.
Nice labs, variety of classes, spacious library. Classes are easy. Some places lack lighting at night.
My experience at Los Angeles Harbor College was everything you could ask for in a community college experience. Extremely helpful staff, as well as professors that are all well-versed in their subjects, many of whom are University-level professors that also teach at Harbor. In addition, the campus is in the middle of renovations, featuring many new buildings and state-of-the-art equipment.
Review Los Angeles Harbor College
I like harbor college because during the first semester of my junior year, I took a chemistry class and was able to finally attend a lab for the first time. It was a very fun and exciting learning experience I had.
Great services be sure to taek advantages of them. Professors are great, always there during office hours. The new library is a great place to study for a couple of hours.
For the most part it's a good environment, student are friendly and professors are willing to help but too many times you have those that don't really care.
I would have to say the way the professors are with you. They actually take their time to help you when you need it. They also care a lot about us and how we are doing. One of my law professors that i have had for more then one class is probably the best professor. He always remembers his students and wjen you talk to him he checks up on you. Whether it was regarding the class or a personal matter you have discussed with him.
The classes are flexible and they have both on week and weekend classes. They have a program called PACE that is fast and only takes up one day out if the week, the rest of the work is completed online. Enrolling in classes is easy but financial aid could be a bit of a tackle. I highly recommend that you complete your FASFA early, await for the letter the school will send you, complete all documents needed, and keep an open communication. Always visit the office BEFORE the semester begins and check your status online.
Their are many classes to choose from and most can fit into your schedule. They have PACE classes, which will meet one day out of the week, a Saturday every other week, and online work. It is very fast pace, but convened; so instead of going to class three days out of the week you only go to one and complete rest of the work online. As for transferring credit, all I can say is that my high school credits were approved so I could immediately begin my IGETC requirements.
The school uses an online course called Etudes, it is very easy to use once you attend a workshop or watch a small video tutorial on how to use the program. I have never had a problem while using to program it is very straightforward and manageable. The workload is mainly reading the chapter, answering a few questions, taking quiz's, and watching videos. I think the system can hold more than fifty students at a time possibly.
There is a career/transfer center that helps you make your profile, reads your personal statement, counselors to make sure you have all the classes you need to transfer. Their are also free fields trips offered year round, university representatives that visit campus, and an online website called Assit.org that helps you see what you need to complete the transferring process.
The class sizes are small and very one on one style, you feel like the professor is speaking to everyone individually when lecturing and not like a number. The courses are very manageable and not burdensome, each professor teaches at a pace that will more or less ensure that every student understands the material.
Everyone is career oriented, many of the students already have a job and are just looking to furthered their education. There are workshops on campus that help you choice the career choice you want or best fit. In addition there are numerous flyers and emails from seeking employers.
There is not a program for my career choice-I want to be a radiation therapist- but there are many programs on campus that assist other careers. The nursing program is competitive but very enriching and teaches you everything you will need to know to further pursue a career beyond an associates.
The atmosphere is very business like yet also relaxed and laid back. Everyone is just trying to pass their courses and either transfer, earn a degree, or simply further their education. Their are clubs and numerous resources to transfer to Universities or move on. The professors are open and really want you to succeed.
I had a very good friends relationship she helped me we talked a lot she always asked me if i need help and i always go to her office.
I didn't transfer yet, but my classes weren't that hard.
Review Los Angeles Harbor College
They are good and very heplfull in the grades.
There are thing that i never knew; so, when i came to that school my English process increased high. Also, the other courses are increasing my general education.
Because it is calm and 95% of the people there are very heplfull and nice to each other. Also, the professors are heplfull, and they ask always if anyone wants help and not to be ashamed of anything.