Lord Fairfax Community College Reviews

Great college and staff is willing to help no matter the situation. The professors lay out their expectations and are willing to help the student with any problem or difficulty. They want their students to succeed and transfer to a 4 year college. Classes are available in the evening and online
I’m only at this school to transfer into a 4 year university but my experience here so far is rather good. My professors were very helpful and I only had 1 professor in which I didn’t take kindly of. The student life is almost non existent since people that attend here are really just trying to gather enough credits to transfer and don’t really care about including themselves in student life. All in all the college is a good academic institution.
LFCC has some very good applied programs and some great instructors. But the focus is transfer and general education, unless you are a Vet or English as second language student they they just give you grades. Their are good and bad professors like anywhere. Worse part is a dual enrolled student is not being allowed to self enroll and having to pay high school...my account is always messed up. We are suppose to be adults and college students, yet they treat us like kids. Food sucks, unless you want subway every day or pay high prices for brown lettuce salad.
Start Your Review of Lord Fairfax Community College
This college has a beautiful campus and excellent resources . I hate the location of the school it’s self . Beyond that it is a very helpful and fun environment.
I like the fact that there are so many options when it comes to how I want to pursue my education. The online options really help me because I do work full time, and I have a busy schedule. I would love to see more financial aid opportunities.
I love the opportunities that LFCC has allowed a high school student to achieve via duel enrollment options through certified teachers. I really love how the online classes are. The teachers I've had are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful.
My professors are amazing. People that work on campus are kind. I wish they had mental health outreach for students.
Lord Fairfax is a small institution located in Middletown Va. Because it is such a small school, housing, a party scene, and athletics are not really applicable to the overall rating. However, just based on the academic and the attitudes of the professors and faculty, I feel that the rating is easily four stars. The tuition is extremely affordable; which means that as long as the degree or certificate earned is used in some way, then a return investment is almost guaranteed. The faculty are always willing to help, or simply just talk with students throughout the day, and the professor have a passion for what they do. Class sizes are kept small, 20-30 seats per section, and this allows students to receive the help they need and develop one on one relationships with their mentors. All in all I can say that I'm proud to be a graduate of LFCC.
Faculty is very encouraging when it comes to completing assignments and finishing your degree program. I was a full-time student and working 40 hours a week, so I got behind on some assignments; when life got out of hand for me the faculty were there to support me and guide me to finishing my program on time.

Buildings are kept clean, staff is friendly to students, a great place to go!
Great teachers! Most classes were fun, yet challenging. The lady in the financial aid department was super friendly and helpful. It didn't take long to learn the blackboard. Campus police are nice and reliable. I like having them there, especially when I leave after dark. Having the lounge is nice. We enjoy playing ping pong in between classes.
I think LFCC is a good starter college or continuing education college. If you are worried about attending college and you want to have some college experience I think LFCC is a good start for that. Is also a cheaper way to attend college. All of the public colleges and universities in Virginia have to accept your LFCC credits. So, if you finish two full years at LFCC then you can go to a four year as a junior, and you didn't have to pay four-year tuition to do that. It is only 2-4K a semester here rather than 8+ at a four-year institution.
Professors here are amazing. All the ones I've had really want the students to learn, and they take the time to do that. They are really thorough in what they teach, and if you don't understand something they really work with you. It's the best you can get for a community college.
I loved attending Lord Fairfax Community College. All of the professors were very well educated and great teachers. In my time at Lord Fairfax Community College, I only had one professor that I didn't like. The academics are up to par with other 100 and 200 level classes at other colleges.
I live how helpful the staff is. Professors are very resourceful and always willing to lend a hand to help students achieve. The small freindly community is also a huge plus!
I took LFCC classes through my high school, and when it came to contacting LFCC, it wasn’t always the easiest for me or my guidance counselors. Sometimes they were rude. I also toured the Middletown campus and did not like it very much, for a lot of it is centered around nursing, and although they are getting some new STEM programs, they really don’t have many engineering programs physically on campus.
So far, Lord Fairfax has been a great starter college! My advisor has helped me a lot with knowing everything I need to do. The professors have overall been very helpful and understanding. The environment is diverse and friendly. I enjoy going to this college!
Lord Fairfax started as a stepping stone and quickly turned into soo much more. I made some life long friends, completed some of the hardest classes and met some of the coolest professors. I learned how big life was outside of high school and learned that hard work actually does pay off. While lord Fairfax started at just a community college it ended as a huge milestone in my life. The holder if my first degree and enough memories to fill a thousand scrapbooks, LFCC taught me way more than what I needed for my future. The education I received was amazing, I had professor who were equally interested in my success and ones who pushed me to be better. From the tears dripping on that 20 page micro paper or the laughs surrounding that goody public speaking video. I would 100% recommend LFCC to any student looking to further their education, save some money, and meet some amazing students and faculty along the way.
Start Your Review of Lord Fairfax Community College
Lord Fairfax is a great option for an associates degree at a reasonable price. Don’t expect to have a great social life here. There are a few activities per month (I attended the Fauquier campus, so it was a little less than the main campus). The academics are what you make of them. You can definitely challenge yourself if you want to, but plenty of people just show up. All of the professors I had were helpful and knowledgeable aside from my online history teacher freshman year.
(Fauquier Campus) Thus far I've enjoyed it mostly, some teachers are better than others, but overall I've had a very good experience. The teachers are fair, and, as far as I've seen, very willing to work with students so long as you ask.
I am a 34 year old single mother who works 50+ hours a week. They make things every convient and flexible for every need despite the limitation or circumstances.