Longwood University Reviews

1,027 reviews
Longwood University has a very good environment and good professors. These professors actually care about you and your future. One of thr best choicchoices I have made in my life was going to Longwood University. The academics are also great. The best part about the Longwood experience is the campus. The campus is so beautiful. The best part about your freshmen year is T.H.E. G.A.M.E. This is also where you receive your Longwood scarf.
Longwood is an incredible school with incredible students and faculty. The professors really care about their students. The class sizes help you get to know them even better. It truly is my home away from home.
Longwood is a school in a quiet town, where you can barely hear the traffic as you walk along the grounds of the school, which is relatively small to begin with. The school grounds are well kept and beautiful, boasting many trees and open grassy places to sit down. However, I would be excited to see what the school does with its image now that it is a University and not just a teaching school. The school has a lot of room to grow not only into the community that surrounds it, but also a lot of room to grow into itself.
Start Your Review of Longwood University
I received a great education from Longwood University. The professors work extremely hard and are focused on making sure students are interacting with the material. The only aspect Longwood should improve upon is increasing the dining options.
Students and Staff are very friendly and welcoming. School has a tremendous amount of school spirit.
Longwood University is a school with a small town feel that gives one the education experience of a big time school. The student to staff ratio is excellent and allows for an experience unlike any other. The campus is beautiful and the community around it is integrated and lovely.
It has a very Beautiful campus, the Greek life is a big thing, the food is so good, and great campus life!!!
I am a Freshman but so far all is good, being that my Father passed in my last year of high school, I wish I could get more assistance to assist my grandmother toward my financial obligations to be able to continue my studies
I really like how Longwood has a program that fits everyone with what they want to do after college. Even though it is a small college when you get there it has all the same feels of a major college.
Longwood University has become my home away from home and has become a place where I have been able to grow as a student and as a person. Through many organizations across campus, I have been provided with numerous once in a life time opportunities that I would never have been able to have had if it weren’t for Longwood University. I am extremely excited for all of the change that is happening at Longwood and can’t wait to see what it does for the university. I have enjoyed every second of my time at Longwood and wouldn’t change it for the world.
I love it here! So much to do, and so many organizations you can join. The class sizes are small and the community is nice.
I have become so involved in the community in a variety of clubs. I have made great friends and my classes have been amazing. Campus is so beautiful even with the construction, but once it’s all done, it’ll be better than ever.
I love all the traditions they have there and how it actually feels like somewhere you could live for four years. The campus is all in one area so you don't have to worry too much about transportation.
It's an excellent place to study your degree and offers a number of excellent programs, including a 5-year master's program for physics and engineering. The professors are all very personable and easy to confront and talk to, making it easy to get help when needed.
Strong professors, but not strong students. Virtually no class discussion because no one does the assigned readings/really cares about their classes. Even the honors college is just full of people who think their geniuses but are not much smarter than the rest of school. Athletic teams, with the exception of softball, are not good and there is no support for them. There is nothing to do in Farmville, and campus is dead after 6 pm because almost everyone lives in off campus apartments. The parties are not good, and there are no nearby bars. Also, the dining hall is disgusting.
I'm a sophomore at longwood and I love it here. The environment is so positive and FarmVille is on the rise. But I must say our dinning hall is trash so hold on to those bounds dollars for as long as possible.
I love the overall environment of Longwood. It is a home like community of people. Each professor wants you to succeed. Their goal isn’t to make you suffer or to push you to your breaking point. I only wish the food variety were larger though. Offering more vegetarian, vegan, etc options. For those that choose not to eat certain foods or can’t due to allergies.
Start Your Review of Longwood University
Longwood University is a very friendly campus in a great community in Farmville, Virginia. The people on campus are helpful in every way and the students are very passionate and strive for excellence. I am only a freshman but from my short time at Longwood I can already see that I enjoy where I attend college and look forward to my next 3 years.
The campus itself is beautiful and has a home-like feeling to it. The size of the campus and student population is big enough to offer plenty of chances to meet new people and get involved in multiple clubs and organizations, but also provides smaller class sizes. Professors provide interesting lectures and try to relate to students and their interests.
Longwood is its own community. It is small enough that an individual can see their friends on the daily but large enough that it is not extremely crowded. An advantage of this, is that a person is able to walk to class in the span of five minutes. With the temperatures dropping, this is wonderful. A downside to this university is the campus food. The school only has one dining hall, which has very low quality dining. It has no diversity to it and is extremely limited to its selection. This could improve greatly as many students are forced to pay for a meal plan but do not use it.