Longwood University is ...
NCAA Division I (without football)
Big South Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.65 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.65 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities165 Graduates
Business Administration and Management118 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies68 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science67 Graduates
Visual Arts57 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.84 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.101 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.42 responses
Longwood University Reviews
I love the environment! There are great professors and faculty that want to see you succeed. The campus as a whole is beautiful, even with the construction. There are always people hanging around on the lawns, studying, playing volleyball, walking their dogs. You walk outside and there is no reason to go back in. I found a home.
Longwood is a great school that offers much to its students. A relatively small school, not many people know about it which makes it a more unique school that can really engage its students to learn. In the heart of Farmville, it's a nice scenic location with much to do outside of studying on campus, such as many state parks. The family and tradition one finds at Longwood is unmatched at other colleges. I didn't have any outstanding reason for picking Longwood, but I'm glad I did and I wouldn't pick any other college, go Lancers!
I love it there! Professors really get to know you and want to see you succeed not just in their class but in all your classes. Also every class is taught towards your major no matter if it is education or nursing professors try to relate what they are teaching to things you might encounter with your major. The school is in a small town there's not much to do around town, but there are so many opportunities to get involved on campus. They encourage everyone to get involved in something to help make your experience there better. We have a lot of corny traditions but they are fun to participate in. They make you feel like a kid again. The student body is small with 4,580 stuendts but everybody there is very friendly, "southern hospitality". Even all the workers who work at the campus like the maintenance, cafeteria staff, and gardeners. It is an amazing place to go to school.