Long Island University - Brooklyn Reviews

In this college I find that the professors I had thus far were amazing. I think that there is a big difference between this campus and LIU Post in the sense of it being cleaner, more calmer, more computers in the library, a larger library and parking. I wish that LIU Brooklyn was the same as LIU Post but sadly it is not. The benefit of going to LIU Brooklyn is that the subway station is right across the street.
Great academics. Helpful staff and diverse student body. Professors care how you are meeting your goals.Advisors take great interest in your academic success. Sports and teams are excellent.
Long island university is in heart of Brooklyn, with variety of majors to choose from. The nursing program needs good professors.
Start Your Review of Long Island University - Brooklyn
My experience at Long Island University has been smoothed so far. Classes were easy to register and professors have been nice and helpful. The library is a bit small and needs a better computer room with more printers.
At LIU BK I like the location! The school is located in downtown and everything is close by! This school is mostly known for the medical and business field. Every other major is basically pointless. The school is expensive but it matters on how you use you opportunities and resources wisely. Overall the dorms are pretty big than SUNY colleges and their are no parties on campus unless your on the sports team or in some way affiliated with them.
The reason my year went well is because of the students, campus activities, and the care the staff has shown. A primary reason for my increase in studies was because of the close relation i have developed with our dean of students. In order to become a better school LIU should look into bettering their living conditions.
Professors are good, they work with you to give appropriate support to get your work done. People are friendly and area is booming, lots of new construction and things to do.
Very happy to attend LIU Brooklyn. Highly recommend the Honors Program, which offers smaller class sizes and great academic support. Academics is great overall. Wide range of diverse students and activities. Campus is located in convenient place, with plenty of stores and food eateries around the area. My only problem is tuition, as tuition is very expensive.
I like the fluid organization and class variety that is provided. The teachers give keen background that is essential. Understanding students comprehension of topics is essential in providing excellence in majors.
It is a wonderful close knit school. You feel as if you are with family and this is especially true being part of the honors program.
I would like to see pest control. I would like to see adequate plumbing. I would like to see rooms without holes in the walls. There's a lot I would like to see from a private university that costs 20k a semester- cosmetically. But mostly, I'd like them to find teachers who can teach instead of download slides from text books, read them verbatim and use test banks from those books for tests. I'm all for an A+ but I'm more for learning, especially with the price tag this school has. Their school of nursing has simulation labs they brag about and reel you in with mentioning upon enrollment but they DO NOT use them. If you ask current students 99/100 would suggest you go elsewhere. I'm one of those 99 who is at the top of their class and would still say- GO ELSEWHERE.
I loved attending at the school and the programs they offered for my major (Media Arts). The only issue I ran across was financial aid
LIU is a good school, its easy to get to and very diverse. Im going for my MPA and i love my classes and the faculty.
LIU has a great Pharmacy Program but the teachers in the pre reqs are attrocious. I wish there was more of an opportunity for student life. This school is great but not worth the money. 40,000 a year without having any financial aid is absurd. I advise students to apply to multiple schools and keep this as a safety school because it is easy to get into. Other than that I wish the commute here wasn’t so bad because I come from Staten Island so it is very far for me. If dorming or getting an apartment was cheap I would have done it to make my life easier by studying more and making more friends here
The school is great and all but its quite tricky in terms as they have horrible professors and the advising coaches chances every semester so they have no clue what's happening and gives a lot of false information for the pre-requisites for your major so as to have u longer and spend more money in the school
Long Island University is quite large, it offered many activities for students to engage in and had a convenient program for students.
I love it at LIU Brooklyn. They make sure that you do the best and they see the potential in you. There are many great programs and there is a wide variety of majors and minors given. Everyone makes you feel right at home and you'll never want to leave. You create lasting memories, meet new friends and make lasting experiences.
Start Your Review of Long Island University - Brooklyn
Long Island University is the place to go if you are looking to be apart of a community. By community I mean everyone knows a good amount of the people who attend the school. My favorite thing is the class sizes. I'm not sitting in lectures containing 100 students hearing a professor bark me information. I'm in classes of at most 30, having meaning full class discussions. In my opinion, the personal level of the classrooms allows for encouragement. Your professor will reach out to you if they notice you missed a class, or if they noticed you grades have been slipping. That's how teaching should be. The school is also extremely diverse and has clubs that embrace the cultures, circumstances, and religions that the school sees. Athletics are division 1. Housing is okay. The rooms are larger than any other rooms I've seen in NY. There is 24/7 security. The area is amazing. There are clothing stores, shopping centers, attractions within a few blocks.
Long Island University is a great school, the diversity of students that are in school bring so much culture in the classrooms and new profound similarities between students. One thing I would like to see a change in school is that I hope the school take better care of their facilities.
This University was better in 2013-2014 before I started attending. As the years went by and I decided to attend is Spring 2015. The University has become a dead zone. Some of the Faculty Members and Professor have been fired for helping the students. Housing and Food are unsanitary. The University needs help and are also shutting down a lot of programs that are actually great for students.