Lock Haven University Reviews

Lock Haven University is a great school for anyone looking for a one on one college education. Each faculty member takes the time to get to know you and genuinely cares about how well you do. It offers many opportunities outside of the classroom that is fun and interesting. Although I will be transferring in the fall because I am changing my major, I would recommend Lock Haven University to anyone looking for a strong education.
A good small university. Small class sizes make learning more personalized. The campus is clean and scenic. The professors that I have dealt with have all been knowledgeable and eager to help you succeed.
Lock Haven Clearfield campus is perfect if you are looking for a small campus. However, recourses are limited at Clearfield. If you have online classes, you never meet your professors unless you make the drive up to main campus, which is about an hour and fifteen minutes from the Clearfield campus. The main focus at Clearfield campus is criminal justice and nursing. If you don't fall into that category, chances are you'll have to transfer to main campus at some point. I do feel that Clearfield campus is a nice transition from high school to college. It allows you to get a feel for what college is really like.
Start Your Review of Lock Haven University
It is a great small collage. The only issues are that a large amount of the professors are from other countries. There is a language barrier.
Lock Haven is the absolute best college for me. It start with the staff and how close everyone is, although it's in the middle of nowhere everyone is a family.
Lock Haven is a very good school. They have a very good Biology and Health Science programs. The professors are very good.
I am a college freshman, I enjoy lock haven university it is the right size for a person like me and the professors for the most part are very nice and helpful.
I love that Lock Haven University has small classes. Coming from a small school I'm used to small classes so it was very easy to get used to. I also love that because of this you really get close with the other students in the class and the one on one time needed with any professor. I love my major department (Criminal Justice) and the people who run it. I feel vey welcomed and I know I have the best of professors to help me grow in my future career.
Lock haven is the best college! And the price is so reasonable! If I had to choose again I would definitely pick it over and over again!!
Lock Haven University is a very well maintained campus. The professors are very helpful and know what it is they are talking about. The surrounding students are all very friendly and very helpful in any way that a first year student might need.
The school is nice. I has a great environment, and has good facilities. The sports are good here and there are club sports if you don't want to join the schools sports team. The weight room is average. The cops in the area seem to very active but that's not always a good thing. The dorms are nice and taken care of fairly well.
The campus is beautiful and the professors are friendly and welcoming but the food at Bentley dining hall could improve.
I really enjoyed the scenery there . The community was amazing. It was a very different experience for me being away from home but making some friends really helped a lot with homesickness.
A great university for people who work well in a small class room environment. The student life is great, the university has alot of free activities for students so you don't have to worry about being bored. There is tutoring for almost a'll classes and if the class does not have tutoring the profeesors usually try there best to help you. Only down side to this university is that there is not much to do in town, you would need to drive out of town if you want to go somewhere.
Very good school academically, great teacher and good location. The dorms are over priced, they are not that good but still cost almost the same as the tuition. The campus police are the only problem the school has
I attended Lock Haven University in the 90s. I enjoyed the small town atmosphere. It was a safe environment and easy access to the buildings. Lock Haven provided me with a degree in Mass Communications and Spanish. The teachers were great. Recently, I attended an open house with my son. I was impressed with the food and all the new updates they had throughout the campus. It is still a great place to attend!
I am writing to you with the experience as a Freshman. My experience at the Lock Haven University has been wonderful. I enjoy the everyday adventures. Coming into this school I was very nervous. A new beginning. I never wanted to leave home. I was afraid I wouldn’t meet anyone. This school opened my eyes to embrace change and to becoming independent. I'm currently living in a dorm on campus and away from home. As days went on I enjoyed it. I interacted with my neighbors. I love this school because it is a place where I can enjoy my life with friends, and focus on my school work. My classes here are such a perfect size, not too big. They are perfect and comfortable. I enjoy going to the classroom where the professors know your name, this makes me feel so happy knowing they took the time to remember. Lock Haven is a place that gives me a stage to improve.
Start Your Review of Lock Haven University
Lock Haven is a small community. I visited for a tour and all of the students in the Q&A were very informative. Everyone was friendly and there were no negatives. The dorms and town were very nice.
Pretty small but the professors definitely care about your education, the school is moving to more science based majors and cutting arts programs.
I transferred here from Penn State because I hated it there. I was attracted to Lock Haven because of it's small size and focus on education.

LHU is a great place to be. Every professor I've had put a lot of time and effort to ensure that every student received a quality education. It's easy to meet with professors and other faculty members, and many of them are more than willing to just sit down and talk to you without an appointment. Pretty much all of them have advanced degrees, which is nice.

I'm very comfortable here, and have made some of my best friends in my classes. It's a quiet town and campus, so it's perfect for people like me who don't want to be surrounded by people all the time. I definitely recommend this school.