Lock Haven University Reviews

What I like most about LHU is the people. Everyone is different and gives off good vibes. What I would like to see change is some of the policies on campus for our academic buildings.
Lock Haven is a small community where most of the student population are familiar with one another, and the professors get to know their students well. The professors not only aim to relay information to students in class, but to get to know them personally, and help them succeed, inside and outside of the classroom.
Recently, there has been a lot of budget cuts and financial issues within the state, that has led to a few hiccups in the academic life at Lock Haven, which has been one of the few downsides to attending this university, however, we have continued to press on.
I like going to Lock Haven. The food is great, the atmosphere is wonderful. The people there are so friendly.
Review Lock Haven University
I have been very pleased with the communication between all departments of the university. Any questions I had were answered fully. I would like to see an improvement in the accessibility of the MyHaven page. The difficulty of navigation makes it hard to access certain links.
I was a beautiful university and the professors were very nice! Though it wasn't where I wanted to go to earn my college degree. They're doing alot of rebuilding and the campus is becoming even more beautiful than when I went there.
I enjoyed visiting the campus location, especially the trolley accessibility, which allowed the campus to be visited easily. The initial presentation was informative and I was able to meet with a college representative student and advisor later in the day which was helpful in answering questions.
Average school with professors who barely care. Unfriendly student body. And boring surrounding town. They accept anyone so you will constantly be surrounded by idiots in your classes. Trust me, don't waste your time. Go elsewhere. Oh and everybody goes home on the weekends.
I am currently a junior attending Lock Haven University. I am from the city of Pittsburgh. Lock Haven and Pittsburgh are two very different cities. When I got to Lock Haven, I noticed it was in the middle of nowhere. I experienced some new things as being a kid from the city. It opened my eyes and showed me a lot of new acitivities that were to be done.
Lock Haven has a beautiful campus. The buildings are spread out, but at a great distance. The classes are smaller, about twenty to thirty students. If you like one on one time with teachers or professors, this is a great college. There a lot of options to choose from class and major wise, as well as minors.
there's nothing wrong with it just a huge decrease in numbers. the campus is small but everyone knows everyone. the food is decent but like almost every college you get the same choices almost every day.
Lock Haven is a great school academically and truly challenges students to improve through academics. Personally, I feel that money that the school receives could be better spent improving the inside of the buildings or updating some equipment rather than focusing on the exterior of buildings. Living here is a great experience, the dorms are comfortable. The town is a bit small but still has everything you could need. Overall a great school.
Lock Haven was very friendly and welcoming. Another thing I like was the hand a lot of people willing to help in generally and academically to.
So far I love the community and all of the friends that I have made. Some of the teachers just read off of powerpoint and don't know how to actually engage their classes. On the other hand if you walk into any professor's office they will be more than happy to answer any questions in any amount of detail.
The scenery is second-to-none. The big university style is felt in some classes, it is definatly important to get to know the professors, that is something with which I struggled and it made it harder to succeed. It is great how they try to implement major courses in a schedule right away, and the advisors help first semester freshman get involved. It is certainly a community feel around campus and in the town. It isn't really a rowdy atmosphere, it is very calm and a very good place for studying. I noticed many people have athletic-like majors, and their sports teams aren't great, but the atmosphere is improving. Overall, it is a home away from home, pretty quiet, but really focused on academics, be sure to not fall behind early. The professors are really knowledgeable, have good relations with the surrounding environment, and display good preparation for jobs.
I love going to Lock Haven University and I feel like the education that I'm getting there is definitely benefitting me, however, I would like to see a change in some of the professors that are employed there, especially those without tenure. Some of the professors don't take teaching seriously and it makes it difficult for the students to take their class seriously in the end.
I am a freshman at Lock Haven University. I chose Lock Haven because they have an awesome health science program. The professors are very helpful and know almost everyone by name. I love the location in the winter and fall it is beautiful. I couldn't be happier with my decision!
I think that Lock Haven is a great school. The small classes make it easy to connect with students and professors. It is also a relatively easy to navigate campus and there is a good variety of foods. The people and campus make it an all around nice place to be. I think the Fairview suites are the nicest place to stay if you are not commuting. My only issue with the school is a lack of water refill stations. I would recommend the school to anyone who wants a relatively small and friendly college.
Review Lock Haven University
So far my first semester at LHU has been an awesome experience. Not only is it great that all classes and rec areas are close by, but also that the academics are easy to keep up with.
My experience at Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania has been a wonderful one thus far. As a member of the University Marching Band, Concert Band, Community Orchestra, and having joined the National Honorary Band Fraternity, Kappa Kappa Psi, as well as taking full course loads each semester that I've been here, alongside of working part time, I have still managed to enjoy and love every moment that I've had here. This university has helped me grow as a person, student, and musician, while helping me to never lose sight of the goal of graduation.
I love going to school here at Lock Haven. It's small, just like my hometown, and the mountains are beautiful. I've learned so much since coming to school here because the majority of the professors are amazing. Even though they may not all be the best, they all genuinely want you to succeed.