Lipscomb is an above-average private, Christian university located in Nashville, Tennessee. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 2,656 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Lipscomb acceptance rate is 61%. Popular majors include Nursing, Psychology, and Elementary Education. Graduating 58% of students, Lipscomb alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,200.
NCAA Division I (without football)
Atlantic Sun Conference
Lipscomb University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.51 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.52 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.52 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.62 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.31 responses
Lipscomb University Reviews
The environment is welcoming and the people are so friendly! At Lipscomb, you will feel like you're home. You will make many friendships that last a lifetime. I chose Lipscomb so I wouldn't be peer pressured into doing things that go against my morals. Lipscomb has always been my dream college and I'm so glad to be apart of the family. Go Bisons!
I love Lipscomb University! The education is excellent and the small class sizes really allow me to get the extra help when needed and I feel that the teachers are fully committed to their students' success. The campus is great and has everything needed in a mid-size area. I'm a graphic design major and their art program is one of the best! Can't wait to go back this fall!
Christian and private are its perks. Parking is absolutely terrible. Security overwrite parking tickets, even though they know there are no spaces to park. School is very small, as there are too many students accepted into this college. Food has limited options and is expensive. The college, itself, is too expensive for both undergraduate and graduate professions. It's not worth the hype or money.