Linn-Benton Community College Reviews

People are friendly and teachers are helpful. Atmosphere is also pretty nice. Great food court. Only downside is if it rains. The nice thing is its very close to my house. You can make friends here quickly.
I have been dreaming of becoming a nurse since I can remember and always had a reason to hold back. I can't even begin to explain how helpful and supportive the entire staff at LBCC has been. They not only got me started on the path to finally have the career of my dreams, they motivated me to strive for excellence, gave me the courage to believe in myself, and the tools to make it all happen. I am proud to be a Roadrunner and can't wait to start this journey. I know that everyone at LBCC will be here to guide and support me as I overcome each hurdle.
I like the diversity and the growth mind set approach. The professors are professional and well versed in their subject matter. There are so many resources available to students as well. All students have access to the learning center which is super useful and free. There is a math desk with a math tutor available every day. There is a learning area where someone is available everyday to help with everything from study techniques, note taking techniques, printing help, and computer use and help. There is also a tutoring center and every student gets 3 free tutor sessions a week for each class for FREE!!!! This in itself is so valuable and such a great resource to have available! Each student also takes a Career and Life Planning course that helps students identify their individual strengths and weaknesses and through career research, helps find the perfect career path for each student.
Start Your Review of Linn-Benton Community College
Linn-Benton Community College has been a good experience. It is a great stepping stone for university. Teachers teach well enough.
I would like to see more organization within the nursing program itself, but this is a great program. I feel like I am being prepared well.
What I liked about Linn- Benton is it's campus. It's very warm and welcoming. Some of the staff are amazing, but others are alright. A lot of the professors teach at a fast pass not giving time or going back through things for other students. That would be my biggest thing to change. LBCC has great online classes, which I found to be perfect for me since I work full time.
I like that it is a very welcoming atmosphere. I feel like all of my instructors want me to succeed and would do anything they can to make sure I do. The campus is larger but not overwhelmingly so. It is not hard to get into the classes that you need as long as you apply as soon as you can.
I like the atmosphere, very welcoming. Every experience I had with an instructor was a good one. All the resources and help offered was very beneficial in my studies.
The cafe at the school is really good. All the teachers i have had have been very good and teach well. They are understanding in most circumstances and give a good amount of homework.
I did a high school partnership program with lbcc and the only thing I didn't like was that we couldn't sign up for classes at the same time as everyone else. We had to wait and had a small time frame.
Chemistry department is not run well, but campus has good resources for students and new residents. Financial Aid Office has been difficult to work with in my experience as well.
I love this school, it is easy to make your way through and there are plenty of maps posted and friendly people to assist you if you are ever lost. They make strides to be sure everyone can get asssistance or help including tutoring and as many resources as possible to strive.
Linn Benton Community College is a great place to start the college experience. The campus is much smaller than the nearby university, OSU, making it easier to navigate. The school offers a wide variety of classes and the teachers here are excellent. They all take time to explain things to you or help you work through a problem. My favorite part of the school is the dual-partnership program that they offer which allows students to begin at LBCC and transfer to OSU to complete a four-year degree.
If I had to change anything about the school, I would want students to be more involved in extracurricular activities and clubs. Students here tend not to do a lot of socializing.
I have loved my experience with LBCC. We have a nursing program that is rated #2 in the state for 1st time pass rate of the NCLEX at 95% The only drawback is it currently is not nationally recognized. Staff are great and knowledgable
I have yet to start taking any college courses through LBCC, but I have taken a few different classes, not for college credit, offered through the school, such as beginner Spanish. The teachers are great and attentive in my experience, and the staff is always willing to help as best they can.
Linn-Benton is a small school thus enabling students to easily consult with their teachers to get help. The class sizes are small. The biggest class I've had is about forty people. Nothing big enough to hinder learning.
The classroom ratio of teachers to student is 17: 1. I really like the smaller classrooms. The teachers advocate for you, but with the teachers union, some really bad teachers are still in there. Not just in talking down to students, but in their ability to actually teach. Parking is easy, wide array of classes. 9/10 would take classes again.
Start Your Review of Linn-Benton Community College
It's a very good community college that works closely with Oregon State University. The faculty works hard to make sure students understand class-learned material and to have courses be seen as a personal investment for individuals.
I like that they provide a Center for Accessibility that helps students with disabilities. I have overall had a wonderful experience in college here and I have found so much help through campus. I have definitely used my resources. I love that they have Math tutors and a Math help desk as well.
My experience with Linn-Benton was great when it comes to school, the teachers are really helpful and the staff are really really nice, you'll definitely get help with whatever you need, the only thing is there is no way to socialize with people unless you were already friends or it's for a school project, so I really hope that changes soon.