Linn-Benton Community College Reviews

Linn-Benton is a small school thus enabling students to easily consult with their teachers to get help. The class sizes are small. The biggest class I've had is about forty people. Nothing big enough to hinder learning.
The classroom ratio of teachers to student is 17: 1. I really like the smaller classrooms. The teachers advocate for you, but with the teachers union, some really bad teachers are still in there. Not just in talking down to students, but in their ability to actually teach. Parking is easy, wide array of classes. 9/10 would take classes again.
It's a very good community college that works closely with Oregon State University. The faculty works hard to make sure students understand class-learned material and to have courses be seen as a personal investment for individuals.
Start Your Review of Linn-Benton Community College
I like that they provide a Center for Accessibility that helps students with disabilities. I have overall had a wonderful experience in college here and I have found so much help through campus. I have definitely used my resources. I love that they have Math tutors and a Math help desk as well.
My experience with Linn-Benton was great when it comes to school, the teachers are really helpful and the staff are really really nice, you'll definitely get help with whatever you need, the only thing is there is no way to socialize with people unless you were already friends or it's for a school project, so I really hope that changes soon.
Linn-Benton is a great starting school for those beginning their college experience. The atmosphere offered there is open and comfortable. It permits an easy environment for education and extra curricular activities. Those preparing to transfer to a higher education will be satisfied with Linn-Benton Community College.
Linn helps all students with a low GPA achieve there goals in life and its Not all that far from were I live Ne thing I would change would be the campus.
This school shows dedication to education and try's its best to show everyone they can succeed. The staff is always ready to help, the food is great, and the campus is very nice.
I found LBCC to be a very organized and helpful community college. I never had any issues in the financial aid office, advising, or student services centers. The only inconvenience I encountered while being a student here was that I had to drive from corvallis every day, which was a personal choice. I found most of my instructors to be quality teachers. I rarely felt I was missing out on any educational experience by choosing a community college over the local university. I attended this school for two years and would strongly recommend it to anyone considering an education at a community college.
The Linn Benton Community College is set in the SW rural portion of the wonderful ,mid size town, of Albany,Oregon.The College has everything you could want for your first two years of school or single classes to brush up or tantalize your individual needs,complete with a family like feel .I can recommend it with high confidence and complete satisfaction for your individual learning needs.
Linn-Benton has teachers that sincerely care about the students. The atmosphere is comfortable. The teachers take an interest in their students. The campus is small enough that a person doesn't feel completely lost. Linn-Benton's partnership with Oregon State University allows OSU students to take classes at Linn-Benton for cheaper. The convenience is awesome.
LBCC is a nice small college that offers dual enrollment option with OSU. I earned my Associates of Science in Chemistry from LBCC. The instructors at LBCC are very nice and are willing to help when asked. The classes have only up to 35 students, and courses are very well designed. Campus is kept very clean and during winter it is warm inside of the classrooms. The prices for books and tuition are usually 50% of what Universities charge. So, it is nice to take all of the lower division courses here and then transfer to 4-yr University.
Overall a pleasant place to learn, as far as community colleges go. Free transport between campuses, although the bus schedule doesn't leave much space for a busy schedule. Culinary students make the food for the cafeteria, allowing for pleasant diversity in available food.
I visited Linn-Benton Community College for an admitted student college night a few weeks ago, and let me just say: nice! I am planning on attending college at LBCC because it has a small, comfortable environment and it is exactly what I was in a college. The homey atmosphere is ideal for college freshman, not to mention how welcoming the staff and students were!
So far in my time at LBCC I have found the campus to be very comfortable and the staff very friendly.
The classes have been interesting and challenging, the professors are very helpful and knowledgeable as well as being good teachers.
There are so many places to get help. Professors could be more approachable. The students have many opportunities to spend time being social, or just studying in quiet. The food is very good, and the buses are so helpful.
Start Your Review of Linn-Benton Community College
Linn Benton Community College is truly a wonderful school. They focus highly on the students and their academic needs. They place you in a class at which helps you know what you need to do in order to graduate. I have found it in my best interest to continue at Linn Benton because they offer such a vast variety of degrees and classes. I also believe that most students have a high success rate at Linn Benton just because the class sizes are lower and professors take the time to know each students name and even more than just that sometimes.
This has been a terrific experience, all of the teachers have went way above the call of duty to help me. I am an older disabled, DV survivor, 2 years divorced. Recreating my life second year at LBCC loving it. It is a beautiful clean, easy to access campus. Every staff member, every teacher has been so helpful to me, this has really helped me with the low self-esteem from abuse. I thank God for the school and staff.
My experience at Linn-Benton is great. I like the fact that it is a smaller campus but it does not feel small. I like that I get to see old faces from my high school days as well as meeting new people. The professors are great; they are easy to talk to and get help with assignments and projects. What is also great is that their is a place where students can go and receive help with there mathematics, writing, science, and other areas in school. The one thing I would change is the size of the cafeteria. In all I like going to Linn-Benton.