1. Albany, OR
  2. 2 Year

Linn-Benton Community College Reviews

So far in my time at LBCC I have found the campus to be very comfortable and the staff very friendly.
The classes have been interesting and challenging, the professors are very helpful and knowledgeable as well as being good teachers.
There are so many places to get help. Professors could be more approachable. The students have many opportunities to spend time being social, or just studying in quiet. The food is very good, and the buses are so helpful.
Linn Benton Community College is truly a wonderful school. They focus highly on the students and their academic needs. They place you in a class at which helps you know what you need to do in order to graduate. I have found it in my best interest to continue at Linn Benton because they offer such a vast variety of degrees and classes. I also believe that most students have a high success rate at Linn Benton just because the class sizes are lower and professors take the time to know each students name and even more than just that sometimes.
This has been a terrific experience, all of the teachers have went way above the call of duty to help me. I am an older disabled, DV survivor, 2 years divorced. Recreating my life second year at LBCC loving it. It is a beautiful clean, easy to access campus. Every staff member, every teacher has been so helpful to me, this has really helped me with the low self-esteem from abuse. I thank God for the school and staff.
My experience at Linn-Benton is great. I like the fact that it is a smaller campus but it does not feel small. I like that I get to see old faces from my high school days as well as meeting new people. The professors are great; they are easy to talk to and get help with assignments and projects. What is also great is that their is a place where students can go and receive help with there mathematics, writing, science, and other areas in school. The one thing I would change is the size of the cafeteria. In all I like going to Linn-Benton.
I would highly recommend Linn-Benton as either your first college, or going back to college after a layoff (like I am doing). The atmosphere there is friendly an helpful. Talk to other current or past students, and I'll bet they will agree.
As a second year student at Linn-Benton Community College I have experience with the college. I really enjoy the small class sizes and how interactive the instructors are with the students' learning. They really show how much they want us to succeed. The Learning Center is a great place to get help from tutors, for FREE, and to study in its quiet environment. LBCC also have delicious food at the Courtyard Cafe to grad on the way to class or to sit down and study with. The students on campus are very lively, making it an enjoyable place to be. LBCC is also an excellent place to start if a student is unsure on what they want to study or to find out if college is for them.
The teachers and class size at Linn Benton Community college is great for anyone willing to learn. The professors are very helpful and easy to talk to. I would like to change the response time on replies from some of the departments, but overall great experiance
I have had plenty of time to get to all of my classes. But getting to the Horse Center in time for class could sometimes be a hassle because I am not yet driving.
I have not taken any online classes.
I do not know, I am not currently looking for a job and I was not last year.
  • Value
The classes are a nice size and the instructors are willing to give help when asked.
To be completely honest, I don't know. I'm not looking for a job at the moment and I was not last year.
  • Value
LBCC's Equine Science program is great. I loved the Young Horse Training class, because we got to learn a lot of great training methods that worked and I could apply to my own horse. I fully plan on taking it again this year to get more experience working with horses before I start calling myself a trainer, which is what I want to be eventually. I also loved the Horse Center. The arena is a nice size, although did get a bit crowded when there was more than 5 horses in it. The stalls and grooming area were spacious and the tack room was well organized.
My experience at LBCC so far has been fantastic! The teachers are approachable and truly care about how their students are doing in class. I haven't had the most success in some of the math classes I've taken, but that is due to me not quite understanding some of the things talked about in class. The instructors I've had all understand and had done everything they could to help me be successful in class, and I have nothing bad to say about any of them. Last year, I took the Young Horse Training class lead by Cindy Gooch and I have to say that was one of the best classes I've ever taken. It gave me a great opportunity to learn some really great horse training methods that I could apply to my own horse. Also last year, in Fall term I took a writing class lead by Bruce Nicholson and that was the best writing class I had ever taken.
I have been extremely lucky with arranging my course schedules. There has only been one conflict and it was dealt with in 24 hours time.
I actually preferred my online interaction to a traditional classroom. There was substantial work to be done but there was plenty of time between assignment due dates. I didn't have much interaction with my teacher except for grades but my peers responded quickly to any questions posted on the forum.
Through the schools career guide site I already have prospective job offers for when I graduate.
  • Value
I enjoy the small sizes of the classes at Linn Benton Community college. They range from 15-30 on average. The classes are generally open and interactive when the professors enjoy their subject. I feel like the quality of information you are given for the price of tuition is unbeatable to any school in the area.