1. McMinnville, OR
  2. 4 Year

Linfield College Reviews

What I like about Linfield the most is their academics and professors. The professors wants their students to succeed and helped them out through the whole process. The teaching was thorough and we had time to ask questions or go during office hours. I got to meet new friends where I could study with and it helped me to get the grade that I need. I learned a lot by going to open labs and the assignments that we had to turn in. The classes weren't big and I got to reach out for help and the professors would ask me if I need any help. They encourage students to ask for help because they want them to succeed.
One of the things that Really love about Linfield is that, it is a small campus and you can actually connect with professors in all departments, not just your own. Class sizes are relatively small and professors make an effort to get to know the students. The campus atmosphere while a quite and calm for most of the time it is amazing and you are able to meet people and get to know others. Overall Linfield creates a great small college experience.
I've loved Linfield so far (I'm halfway through my sophomore year). It's a small population and the campus is small (compared to state schools), but it can be a good 15 minute walk to the other side of campus. It was rated the most diverse school in our area, but I would like to see it grow more.
Depending on what your department is and what year you are it can be very difficult to find a work position. I have a federal work study but as a biology major I am still struggling to find a position in a lab.
  • Value
All of the professors I've had in my classes have been helpful and interesting in class and during office hours.
This is my second year at linfield and there has yet to be any mention of major issues on campus, I feel totally safe to walk around on campus at night, CPS is always willing to provide courtesy rides.
Since the majority of the residence halls are old there can be problems with things like pipes bursting and faulty electrical wiring. There is only heating in the rooms, no cooling so be sure to bring a fan
  • Housing
This will be my first year in greek-life but from what I've experienced I love it, all of the girls are friendly and make me feel accepted.
Since this is a private school it can be a bit hard to find friends. Many of the students here can seem aloof and uninterested in friendship. That is the only reason why I wouldn't give Linfield a higher rating.
CPS is great! helps with a lot of problems that occur on campus
Everyone is so nice and friendly
I don't live on campus
  • Housing
I don't know that much about the greek life
Being in a small school helps with the learning experience that is needed by having small classroom sizes
Linfield is a top school
  • Value
i have had a great time at Linfield
Such a great small college
There are warning systems and phones that are accessible throughout campus. That helps in safety. The community is also safety minding which is nice for a college campus.
The current student that led my campus tour was very easy-going and didn't sound forced when he talked about how great he felt his life at Linfield had been. The campus itself is very nice and any professors I've run across have been approachable and helpful.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
They have a wonderful building set up for both active athletes and just athletic students and even students just looking to better their lifestyles. One of the big pluses for me personally is the pool.