Linfield College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division III (with football)
Linfield College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.39 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.41 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.52 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Linfield College Reviews
Review Linfield College
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Linfield College. I have joined the Theta Alpha chapter of Alpha Phi and I have had fantastic experiences with my sisters. My professors are wonderful and are always wanting me to succeed, as long as my other peers. I have made many friends who are just as hard working as I am. I love Linfield and I cannot wait to go up to the Portland campus next fall to finish my last two years in nursing school!
This is small private school, which I like. Everyone knows each other. Class sizes are small, which is nice because you are able to have closer relationships with your professor. Some professors, however, can be close-minded and don't offer a good learning environment. Overall, my experience here has been good and I'd recommend to people that don't want to go to a huge school but still want that college "feel".
Academic wise, this college is amazing. I am a biology major and love all of my biology professors and love the small class sizes. However, campus life, at least for me, is very depressing. I am not from Oregon and it rains 80% of the time and that to me is very sad. I miss the sun so much when I am here. This is also a very small college campus which makes it feel like a high school. The gossip that is spread here is very childish. I am planning on transferring in the fall to a larger campus not in Oregon. My experience at Linfield was below average.