Linfield College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division III (with football)
Linfield College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.42 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.53 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Linfield College Reviews
Review Linfield College
Doesn't feel like college to me, feels like a private high school in the middle of nowhere. There's cliques of students by majors and not a lot of mingling. There is no community feeling even though it's a small campus. The athletic scholarship students are pretty much into themselves and only came because they couldn't play at a higher division. There is absolutely nothing to do in McMinnville. With traffic we're over 1.5 hours from Portland so you can't even easily get there on a Friday night. I struggled to finish my frosh year and transferred out.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Linfield College. I have joined the Theta Alpha chapter of Alpha Phi and I have had fantastic experiences with my sisters. My professors are wonderful and are always wanting me to succeed, as long as my other peers. I have made many friends who are just as hard working as I am. I love Linfield and I cannot wait to go up to the Portland campus next fall to finish my last two years in nursing school!
This is small private school, which I like. Everyone knows each other. Class sizes are small, which is nice because you are able to have closer relationships with your professor. Some professors, however, can be close-minded and don't offer a good learning environment. Overall, my experience here has been good and I'd recommend to people that don't want to go to a huge school but still want that college "feel".