Linfield College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.43 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.54 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Linfield College Reviews
For an offensively priced college, the on-campus housing is unlivable. Instead of being lectured and taught traditionally, you must rely heavily on your textbooks. Speaking of textbooks, do not buy from the bookstore, even though they promise you won't find cheaper prices. You will. Amazon rentals. They put a lot of pressure for you to be involved in Linfield community activities and clubs, and make you feel like you aren't doing something right or it is frowned upon to not overindulge with extracurricular activities. That said, the professors really do care about you and want you to do well, they are very friendly and helpful during office hours. The campus itself is quaint and beautiful.
I am the first person in my family to graduate high school, let alone go to college. I've wanted to attend Linfield since I was in 7th grade. It was the only school I applied to, and when accepted I was beside myself. Linfield is much more than a beautiful campus. The classes that I have taken have completely shaped me into the person I am today. The professors and peers that I have worked with are incredible and inspiring. People tend to shrug off private colleges because of the cost, but they really work with you on tuition. My only cons are that the registrar's office and the campus security office can be very unfriendly.
Linfield College is a small private school. Each professor gets to know there students instead of seeing them as a student ID number and a grade. Professors are more than happy to meet with anyone who wants or needs to, to insure their success in the classroom. Being able to know your professors and feel comfortable on campus, makes living at school feel like home away from home. Due to the fact Linfield is located in a small town, the college makes up for the city's lack of entertainment, by always bring in a fun activity for students to attend.