LIM College Reviews

President Liz Marcuse is a joke. She publicly announces at student lunch forums that "her door is always open" but when you actually drop by (in person) she loudly makes rude and nasty comments from her office desk about the situation and she also disrespects her staff for no good reason! So hypocritical. Unfortunately her public image doesn't match her behavior. I honestly regret making the decision to come to LIM.
In my first year at LIM I have already learned and accomplished so much. LIM prides itself on the amount of internships they require students to complete during their 4 years to prepare them for the work force. I already see how well prepared I am going to be after 3 more years.
The only thing good about this school is its location. The administration has no family values. When they look at the student all they see is a $ sign. They allow all internationals who cannot speak a word of English and those students suffer through their entire education. LIM College supports alcohol consumption every chance possible. Their "Family night" theme was a night in Las Vegas where the students and faculty and staff were pressured to drink until they lose their heads and gamble the little money that they have in their pocket. They get students drunk so that they think the school is cool! This is a note to parents: Do not send your child to LIM College. The academic rigor is very low and the students pay truck loads of money to get a diploma and find jobs that barely pay $30,000. They have zero respect for Muslims, Sikhs, or any nations beyond US borders.
Review LIM College
I am very happy with my decision to attend LIM College. When applying to this school I wasn't really sure what to expect but so far I have been really impressed. All of the professors either currently work or have worked in the fashion industry and have a wealth of knowledge to share with the students. The internships are incredible, in only my second year of college I was able to assist in opening the flagship store of Victoria's Secret on Fifth Avenue. Would highly recommend this college to anyone who has a passion for the business side of fashion.
I can not give a lower rating than one star. LIM has Poorly designed courses without any research done. Only 40% professors are worth listing to and subjects do not match to the course offered. They take the money and do not offer any valuable learning. Upon raising the issue they would drag it to months and will not provide any solution. This college is an utter waste of time and money. If you are serious about your career then do not opt to go for this college. The management is never helpful. They will listen to you but will not help you at any cost. Students leave the college with a bad experience and the college does not care about it.
LIM College has endless possibilities. I went in very nervous about being in a competitive environment but couldn't be happier about where I stand now. LIM makes you feel like family and provides many connections to jobs, internships, and activities. The professors care immensely about every students passion in the fashion profession. There are an abundance of people around all the time to help you with any questions. Another plus is the campus is of course New York City leaving the world at your finger tips. However, one downside may be there is no dinning hall. You are going to have to grocery shop or eat out all the time. Many people look down upon this. My personal experience here has been nothing but positive and I am thrilled to continue my journey here at LIM.
It's a great fashion tied with business school. Amazing optortunities for those who want to get their foot in the fashion world.
I went to LIM in 2006. I was only there for one semester. This was the WORST school experience I have ever had. This school is full of pretentious, spoiled children who are paying BIG BUCKS to make no more than 50k upon graduating. None of these credits transfer. I repeat- NONE OF THESE CREDITS TRANSFER. If you have parents that are willing to pay your way through school and you live in Manhattan or close to the city and want a school with no character and shallow personalities- then this is for you! You will NOT get the 'college experience' here. You need to go to a private or state university for that. The staff was half nice- half not so nice. Some of them aligned with the snobbish attitudes of their students. So if you identify with that- then again, this school may be for you! I particularly recall this older woman with shoulder length brown hair (she had to be about 70 at the time- she may have passed by now) who was SO rude and demeaning.
If you are a bright student, you may not be challenged. The admissions criteria is low therefore the classroom makeup of the students is average to below average intelligence. The courses are not very rigorous and grade point averages run high to maintain the graduation rate. Heard of Trump U?
I go to LIM and it's definitely not the experience I was looking for. If you want a traditional college experience this is by no means meant for you. The dorms are way over priced for what they I are and I would highly suggest getting an apartment. The classes are super easy and feel like high school. Also, if you like guys under the age of 30 this is isn't the college for you because the guys at clubs are all sleazy business men
I will never, ever recommend this school to ANYONE that wants to learn or do well in school. The teachers are unqualified, the school consistently take money from you and leave you NO choice but to pay it or you won't be allowed to graduate, register for classes, basically do anything. I was in that school 2 years longer than I was supposed to because academic counselors who weren't sure how to do their jobs properly, put me in classes I didn't even need and told me after the fact that I basically just wasted money. Unless you're already rich with a connection into the fashion industry, do not, i repeat....DO NOT let this school take your money. You will regret it. Do not let the cool vibe of the locations fool you. I am STILL being charged for holds on my account and I haven't attended that school in OVER A YEAR.
I wish there were somewhat bigger classes just so they wouldn't fill up so quick. Then I am stuck with an inconvenient schedule.
I like the online aspect, but it can get confusing if not guided through it correctly. A lot more work is assigned via online, so that can get heavy, but I prefer online rather in class for convenience reasons.
A lot of students who have graduated through LIM have moved on to huge companies such as Gucci, Stella McCartney and other big styling brands, as well. The list goes on!
I love how intimate the classes are, they're very small which is the best because you can have a close relation to your professor. The class styles are also great because each professor does it differently, and doesn't go completely by the books.
A lot of my connections and experiences I found on my own living in New York, and not through the school--not saying they don't offer any.
For my major, I'd like to see more creative courses rather than pre-requisites. Fashion merchandising is not soley business, there are careers that come out of that, like styling, which need to be focused on and nourished, as well. Mostly why I'm finishing up my last two years at FIT.
Review LIM College
LIM College has been a great experience, but there are a lot of areas for improvement, like any school. It's really amazing that our professors aren't just professors, but they're people currently active in the fashion industry. I've gained a lot of connections with my professors that will further my career in the coming future. You can look to them not only for guidance but also experiences, a lot of them will take you on expeditions or introduce you to people they know or other areas where they work.
Since the International Business program started last year, the amount of students in my major is really small. Despite this, we have all come together and bonded over our major-specific courses. All of my professors have been genuinely interested in what we want to do and work towards making the subject material relevant. I've also earned work and internship experience that I would have never had if I had not attended this college.
LIM College has helped me become a better, more confident person. The past two years there has allowed me access to opportunities I didn't have before. Learning from experts in the industry and getting hands-on experience makes LIM unique.