Lenoir-Rhyne University Reviews

The university is a great place to go to college if you want a place that is close to your home and if you want a college that gives you excellent knowledge in the field you are going for. The university also as small class sizes so that you get a better experience with your professors, where the professors have more time to help you learn your field. The professors also are great and easy to talk to if you need help, by either face to face meetings or by email or canvas website. The whole college experience is outstanding except for one thing that I do not like and that is having to go to convocation meetings when if you are an off campus student.
Where does all of our tuition go? They take all of our money and give us absolutely nothing in return. The faculty is very nice but the resources and campus are horrible and if you are not on a popular sports team that is in season you are not able to access anything good.
School has some very kind faculty and the small classes are great for one on one help. However if you are not on a sports team you are not of much value in anyone's eyes at this school. The school is also severely overpriced and the money is not seen through any of the resources. They do not provide great athletic/exercise accessibility to anyone that is not an athlete or in season as an athlete. Many of the dorms are also very poorly maintained. With a tuition as high as this, you would think that you would see it carry over in to some aspect of student life. Social life is enjoyable at first. If you enjoyed high school, Lenoir Rhyne is no different. It is not as much of a college experience as it is simply a bigger high school. If given the chance I would have gone almost anywhere else.If all you care about is getting one on one time with faculty members, then this school is perfect. Otherwise,the negatives far outweigh the few positives.
Start Your Review of Lenoir-Rhyne University
I like the atmosphere at LR. The professors are wonderful and care about their students. It is a really supportive environment, and is pretty welcoming even as Lutheran university.
I really enjoy LR. They have made me feel so welcome. I moved 6 hours away to come here and I feel at home on campus. They have best security people on hand to help you with anything. All the RA are super helpful to the freshman. All professors are willing to sit with you in the cafe and help you out.
I really like the smaller class sizes and the quality of instruction I've received from all my teachers. In addition to this, there are plenty of organizations and student groups for students to participate in. Regarding what changes I'd like to see:
1)A multi-level parking deck for commuting students
2) Renovations done to the interior of the Rhyne Building (particularly the heating and cooling system)
Overall it is great. However there are some issues with administration and with getting in touch with people in business offices.
I like that the professors are willing to help and make it a priority to learn everyone's name. The students are people and not just a number. All staff, including security and cafeteria staff, were friendly. I feel like the food could be potentially better. The dorms need more attention than what they get. Cheap paint and having to deal with mold constantly is terrible.
I have enjoyed my overall attendance so far of this university because you do meet some interesting people that come from different backgrounds and cultures. The best person you will meet is Pastor Weisner.
Lenoir Rhyne is a very prestigious academy and very small. You will meet lots of different people and it's not quite as diverse as I'd like it to be but there's quite enough ratio of each ethnic group in my eyes. LR is Was a great experience for me and I'd love to go back something I'd change is maybe just the food class sizes are really good and discussion classes are very Hands on.
The campus at Lenoir-Rhyne University is stunning! It is one of the smaller college campus' if you compare it to colleges like Duke, NC State or others but it is friendly, family-like, and faculty is concerned about you. The class size is small so that as a student you get to know your professor and they get to know you. You are not a number, you are a person. That makes learning much more meaningful.
Overall, the school is great. But they have a convocation program and will not budge on it for people who work full time such as myself. Transferring schools because of it.
I love the look of the school and the small campus makes it easy to get around. The professors are very good and easy to work with. There is lots of academic help on campus from both the professors and peer tutors. So far my classes have been challenging in a good way and I have grown and learned a lot. The only downside is that I'm a vegetarian and from a large city with lots of good food options, so I miss that.
This is my dream school and I am proud to say I attend there now. I would use the money for school so that I could keep going to my dream school. They money would help me keep attending and proceding with my dream college and degree.
I am currently a freshman at Lenoir-Rhyne University and am pleased with my growing education there. The professors are very helpful and the students are welcoming and friendly. The campus is just about the perfect size and so beautiful with nice tall trees and fresh green grass. I recommend this college to everyone.
This is not a good place for a person to get there education, because the teachers protect themselves and cheat the system when they have done something wrong. Students are not heard there. Even the dean was very rude while dealing with an appeal. Teachers are allowed to do how they want like different grading scales. Also LR covers up a lot of stuff that no one looks into.
Great school. I am very thankful for the opportunities that they have offered me. Their academics have really helped to progress me and give me a huge jump start.
Start Your Review of Lenoir-Rhyne University
What like about the University is the Student to Professor ratio. It allows for a closer connection to your professors, increasing your chance at success. Improvement I believe this school needs is more food places to spend your meal plan at.
Lenoir-Rhyne is a pretty good school. I commute so there's not much keeping me around other than classes. I enjoy the size, it's a smaller school, so you get to know professors instead of being just another number.
I love how this university is such a close knit community. The professor really take your time to get to know you.