Lenoir-Rhyne is a private, Christian university located in Hickory, North Carolina. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 1,453 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the Lenoir-Rhyne acceptance rate is 70%. Popular majors include Nursing, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, and Management Sciences and Information Systems. Graduating 48% of students, Lenoir-Rhyne alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $31,500.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.24 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.33 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.38 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
Lenoir-Rhyne University Reviews
I love the small classroom sizes and the one on one help that you are able to receive from the professors. I’m not a huge fan of the living situations and I feel as if our facilities could be updated more for the price that we pay, but overall I love my school and the greek life we have here!
The campus at Lenoir-Rhyne University is stunning! It is one of the smaller college campus' if you compare it to colleges like Duke, NC State or others but it is friendly, family-like, and faculty is concerned about you. The class size is small so that as a student you get to know your professor and they get to know you. You are not a number, you are a person. That makes learning much more meaningful.
Lenoir-Rhyne University is more than a school- it is my home. I transferred here from a larger school in NC. I have been so pleased with the wonderful professors, the support from on campus staff, and the 20-25 small class size setting. LRU has so much to offer. Including clubs, sporting events, and not to mention that there is almost always something going on on-campus. The surrounding city of Hickory has lots to offer as well, including restaurants, bars, shopping and lots of parks and hiking trails.