LeMoyne-Owen is a private, non-denominational college located in Memphis, Tennessee. As a historically black college, LOC has a strong history of and commitment to the education of black Americans. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 847 undergraduate students. The LeMoyne-Owen acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Business, Criminal Justice and Safety Studies, and Education. Graduating 14% of students, LeMoyne-Owen alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $18,700.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.6 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.11 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.11 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.9 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.6 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
LeMoyne-Owen College Reviews
I love the professors. The coursework is reasonable. But other than that, the campus life is sorry (average at best). The communication sucks. I hear that allegedly some of their classes aren't even accredited. It's definitely the kind of college you start at and move on to something better. I really hate to say that because I still have love for L.O.C despite its cons, but its true.
I am overjoyed about my experience at LOC . From the time I enrolled into LeMoyne-Owen College has been great. People say I'm a walking billboard for the school, because I always have some apparel with LOC on it. I love my school, it has molded me to become a better woman in today's society. From school organizations to school sports has been a joy
Lemoyne Owen is a very good college to is because you have a lot help on people showing you around the campus on each individual building to go to everybody is friendly so I say lemoyne is a good college to get your education and campus safety it is good but also need on improving things but every thing else is fine to so really nothing to complain about LOC I like and I hope that the upcoming freshman this year like it to.