Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
LeMoyne-Owen is a private, non-denominational college located in Memphis, Tennessee. As a historically black college, LOC has a strong history of and commitment to the education of black Americans. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 761 undergraduate students. The LeMoyne-Owen acceptance rate is 93%. Popular majors include Business, Criminal Justice and Safety Studies, and Education. Graduating 12% of students, LeMoyne-Owen alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $20,900.
LeMoyne-Owen College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.6 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.12 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.12 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.10 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.7 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
LeMoyne-Owen College Reviews
Great Historically Black College located in Memphis, Tennessee. I Would recommend this institution to everyone. There are recently added new dorms that are really nice.
I have been living in Memphis for 21 years. I know almost everything about this nice college. Two former Memphis mayors are alumni of the college. Best college among HBCU. I have seen falling high school students whose life were totally changed after receiving their bachelor degree from LeMoyne-owen college. Education is the Best investment for your money.
My online learning was a great experience, because I had teachers who cared, and wanted me to succeeded. They were available when I needed them. I could use there help outside of school hours.