Leeward Community College Reviews

Leeward community college has been a great experience so far. It definitely has made the college experience a smooth transition from highschool. The professors, counselors and other staff make the campus come alive with inviting and friendly personalities. The way the campus is layed out makes all areas accesable.
My experience at Leeward Community College has been great. Although, everyone is really distant from each other or doing their own thing, I get to focus on myself without any distraction. I am able to talk to my professor in times of need such as explaining the assignments clearly to me so that I can have a clearer overview of it. They have great resources there that can also help the students to achieve greater things when it comes to their education. One thing that I would want to point out about Leeward is that some professors are very bias and tend to favor students that they like. Some of them can also have very strict grading policies which makes students want to withdrawal or drop out of that class or even hate learning about that subject that they have a passion for.
I enjoy leeward community because there are many resources that I am able to use at the school. A lot of the teachers that I have met there were very pleasant
Start Your Review of Leeward Community College
I first went to Leeward Community College in 2006 and received my Associates Degree there in Liberal Arts. I am registered to go back there again this fall to further my education in education and teaching. I like Leeward Community College because it is very central to where I live and there is minimal traffic. I didnʻt like the idea of driving to town and sitting in traffic.
I enjoy the Waianae campus because the professors are very helpful and guides you if you need help with improving your grades. The counselors help to enroll you in accommodating credits necessary to reach your goals.
For my specific program I like the student to teacher ratio. It allows for more personalized teaching which helps us learn better. The campus is great for a community college, it is very big and spacious. I do not like the lack of communication between some of the head offices such as administration and counselors and finance. There's not a good system so things get messed up often. Which is frustrating, but despite I still think its a great school.
Leeward Community College Waianae Moku is like my family. After attending classes there for 2 years I not only will be earning my AA degree in Liberal Arts, Subject Certificate in Business and Hawaiian Studies with honors, as a Ke Ala Ike Scholar, and Phi Theta Member but I will be leaving hungry for more experiences like this. They have supported me through the rough times, taught me even when I didn't want to learn, and made me laugh when I saw the world to be dark and gloomy.
My experience at Leeward Community College was nice. It is a two year college from which I recently graduated. The campus is beautiful but is currently undergoing some construction to the theater. Overall the two and a half years I spent their were great and there is nothing I can think of that needs to change.
I've enjoyed my time at LCC. The professors make learning fun and are always willing to help. Learning at LCC has opened my eyes to the world in ways I've never experienced before. I'd recommend anyone who is seriously considering doing their associates degree at LCC to go for it.
What I experience at Leeward Community College is that the diversity of people I seen and met. I'm glad this college offers people to have a chance at education especially for older people. Meeting people from different generations and places makes me thankful that Hawaii is place where they welcome anyone with open arms.
What I like about LCC is how open to everyone who would like to attend school. People of all ages are able to attend without judgement. Pretty much there is no limit to the education you're able to receive while attending.
A very good college to attend for those who can't afford a university. Great professors, a great learning environment and classrooms, and provides students everything they need.
Super reasonable tuition, regionally accredited, and gloriously beautiful tropics living year-round. Awesome professors. What's not to love?
I went to Leeward Community College back in 2010 and 2011. At the time Leeward Community College was the most convenient college for me because I lived in the Nanakuli area and worked in Waipio which was right up the road from LCC, so location was a big plus for me. A great plus was that I had just recently had a baby and luckily I had to take her to school with me a couple of times and the teachers were very helpful by allowing her to attend class with me. And on to the number one reason why I enjoyed attending LCC, my professors. My college professors were awesome, they were very encouraging and helped me to succeed.
Leeward Community College is a community college located in Pearl City, Hawaii. The class sizes are small with lab courses typically 20 students and lecture classes that can have around 20-35 students. With the small classes, the professors are able to help each individual student succeed in understanding the class content. As a student there since my freshman year of high school, the professors and learning environment allows students to be well prepared for my academic career at a four-year university and my career.
This is my freshman year and as a non traditional student I had a few reservations returning to school. However I've found at Leeward there are a lot of resources and friendly staff!
Such a beautiful campus. The local students that enroll in LCC are nicer. It seems like the environment really shapes everyone's mood, I say this because of calming it is on that campus. They offer an excellent program in Liberal Arts, which I am currently pursuing.
Start Your Review of Leeward Community College
I only attend this college when my teacher requires us to go in. I took four classes at Leeward Community College already.
I'm attending Leeward Community College for the Substance Abuse Counseling Certificate. So far the staff has treated me well in answering all questions promptly and the registration process went smoothly. The certificate class professors have been courteous and knowledgeable in subject matter. The courses have been interesting and taught with professionalism.
I really like the environment that Leeward provides. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming. I go to the Waianae Moku campus, which is still in development, so it's not hard to find your way around the campus either.