1. Pearl City, HI
  2. 2 Year

Leeward Community College Reviews

I like leeward because of it's location. It it centralized and close to home for me which is very convient. It's also a pretty clean campus. What's not so good at the moment due to construction is the parking, there are days the wait for a stall is almost 45 min. I'm hoping once construction is done we will get back the use of the other parking lot. Leeward is a good campus and I would recommend to others.
What I love about Leeward Community College is the people. The students and staff make everything so memorable. We have such great down to earth teachers that are dedicated to helping you reach your goal. I've made so many wonderful friends these past couple of semesters as well. I like that I can walk into the building and everyone greats you with a friendly smile.
I loved my first semester at college it was great. I learned a lot and met a lot of new people. The campus was great.
My counselor is amazing! She talks with me, checks in with me, offers me a multitude of resources, and she is an all around kind and generous person. She really helped me get my academic goals on track and showed me the quickest and most efficient way to complete my degree requirements and pushes me to move forward.
I am a Freshman and for the first day I was kind of nervous because I didn't know where my classes are and I didn't want to be late for the first day of college. My first day was tiring and I was still confused because that day, they dropped all my classes so I had to re-apply to the classes i needed but unfortunatley i couldn't back my math class so i decided to take 'olelo Hawai'i. I'm almost done with my first semester at the school and it has been a stressful time but i was also so glad that i met my friends i have in the school because with out them i would still be stressing out with classes.
The professors and staff on campus are approachable and intelligent. They know what they're are teaching and I am able to ask for help at any time. One thing I don't like about the campus is the limited parking spots for students. I could look for a parking for 15 minutes since arriving to campus and I'm still not able to find a park my car.
This is my first semester but I would say It is a good school. I'd like to see more assistance in the tutor center. The campus itself makes it hard to find your classes because its so complex, the rooms don't have numbers so you have to go by the building letter.
The flexibility is okay at LCC. There are multiple classes at different times so you can arrange it to your schedule.
Peer to peer interaction between the people in my class happens only in class. We don't interact outside of class really.
The alumni network is okay but I haven't really heard of the alumni program at my campus.
  • Value
The class size is okay. But they're multiple class times for the classes that you take.
The campus is okay and the quality of student resources is okay.
  • Value
My major I declared at my school is great. Besides the rigor not being all there the teachers care about their students and their success.
The high school I went to I felt well prepared me for college. But the classes I've been taking I feel are not as challenging as I would like them to be. My high school was a lot more challenging.
I know in the future I'll be able to use these teachings in upcoming events.
The staff and faculty know what they're doing, they know exactly what to teach, and know exactly what to say when you need help with, an assignment, or in general.
They estimated the amount of credits i needed, when I was applying, according to myself
I never actually used it online, but it does have a smaller work load.
They'll assist you every step of the way.
  • Value
The school has the efficiency to make a great working environment.