Leeward Community College Reviews

Excellent professors. Culturally diverse, great childcare program on campus. Hawaiian clubs & more. Very good ezperince.
LCC is a very diverse campus with a variety of classes offered from auto-mechanics to yoga. Professors can either be a hit or miss. Class sizes are no more than 25 students. It's a great campus to start off your higher education. Free tutoring is made available to all students either on campus or via online calling.
I love LCC it has been a really great experience for me and the professors are amazing! I do wish the campus had more school activities to make the students more affiliated with school.
Review Leeward Community College
Leeward CC is a great school! The professors are great, the staff are friendly, the campus is beautiful. I wish they were more strict on their smoking policies though.
Leeward Community College is a great place for anybody wanting to begin or wanting to redo their educational life of pursuing a higher degree. As for me, the staffs and student here are awesome and welcoming. They offer all the help you need and are great at responding through email. The program for Native Hawaiian is extremely great, they assure that we're being guided through the right path and provide resources, such as tutors if we need.
Beautiful campus. Classes have A/C. it is spacious and well kept. The professors and staff overall are phenomenal and will take the time to answer your questions during office hours or via email.
Experience is great because I take all online classes. Saves time! However, only problem I have is not being able to qualify for FAFSA. Its like I'm paying out of money I don't even have. I would love to continue my education but even being a local here in Hawaii doesn't really give me any benefits in attending this school even if I'm independent living and not living with my parents. Being able to qualify for FAFSA or any Scholarships would be awesome in helping me pay for college.
I hope that in the years to come Leeward Community College addresses its parking situation. Even with the overflow parking provided, students will circle or line up waiting in the parking anywhere from 5-15 minutes waiting for a parking space. On several accounts Iʻve been late to classes because of the lack of parking, Iʻve also had professors come late because of parking. While I was attending LCC there was a staffing issue with counselors. In the time I was there I was seen by 4 different consolers each replacing the person in the position previously. As a result I feel that I was misguided in counseling services and was advised to take classes that didnʻt pertain to my interest/major.
When we first moved to Hawaii I decided to go back to college. I have not taken any college courses in years and when I applied to Leeward Community College they were just amazing to me. They helped me to get everything that I needed in order and after that was all done they helped me to register for the classes that I needed. I was really anxious about starting school again many years later but they really helped with all of that. I really believe that all of their help set me up to excel in my studies. They are a wonderful college for the older student that has returned to college or starting for the first time.
Overall, my experience do date is very positive. The LCC student web site is well laid out; making it easy to find out my class selections, tuition balance, class schedule and any "flags" / notifications of any documentation or obligations I owe the school. The LCC campus is easily accessible by bus and eventually rail. The campus layout and signage makes it easy to find the various offices and classrooms. I am a new student, thus cannot actually rate the quality of the instruction.
I would say this college is like high school just a bit more advanced. My experience was okay, but is sort of boring to attend there but I think that is because the fact that there is no dorms and people only go there for classes and then leave.
I thought Leeward Community College would be like any other college, a place to do some classwork and then go home, but I was totally wrong. This college has great teachers who will become life-long mentors that will help your throughout life even after you graduate. Everyone is friendly and will help you out if you need extra support with tests or homework. I highly recommend this college to anyone wanting a high education.
I have had a very great experience at Leeward Community College this 2017 Spring semester. I had taken courses in the past from Leeward and was excited and nervous at the same time to go back.
I am glad that I went back to Leeward Community College instead of another community college. I felt that I, as a person was important to the education staff and even the other staff members and other students that I had encountered while doing business on campus were very personable.
My overall experience at Leeward Community College was tremendous! I am excited to continue my education in the Fall Semester.
I am currently attending Leeward Community College for my Associate's in Health Information Technology. My instructors all seem to want their students to be successful and always offer assistance. LCC has made improvements such as a new educational building. There hasn't been much incidents here. Overall LCC is okay if they have the degree you want. I wish it was a bit cheaper though.
Enjoyed most of my experience as a distance education student. I often came across helpful and caring faculty and staff. However, the process for distance education students are unclear and I spent lots of time and money figuring out the process and trying to minimize delay.
I attended Leeward Community College for 3 semesters. I really do love how involved to Student Activities Board tries to get with the students. The atmosphere there is that the teachers want you to learn and succeed. The only thing I'd say could change is the overall cleanliness of the school.
Enrollment was very thorough and fast.
They always communicated and got an answer back to me as soon as they could.
I love how the school over looks the water too.
Review Leeward Community College
I really like the professors, most of the professors I've come across have really cared about the students. They also offer a great tutoring service.
My experience at Leeward Community College has been extremely positive. The professors are helpful and encouraging, the campus itself has a lot of sources that are accommodating, and the staff is very knowledgeable. As far as change there is not a particular object that I can recall.
I like leeward because of it's location. It it centralized and close to home for me which is very convient. It's also a pretty clean campus. What's not so good at the moment due to construction is the parking, there are days the wait for a stall is almost 45 min. I'm hoping once construction is done we will get back the use of the other parking lot. Leeward is a good campus and I would recommend to others.