Lees-McRae College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.13 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.15 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.15 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education32 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration29 Graduates
Zoology and Entomology27 Graduates
Business Administration and Management23 Graduates
Human Services13 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management7 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.18 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.23 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
Lees-McRae College Reviews
I love Lees-McRae! Like any school, of course there are things that could be improved upon. For example, the residence halls are old and slightly out of date, and campus spirit is generally low. However, what I think speaks volumes for the quality of LMC is that despite the minor inconveniences that go along with campus life, cafeteria food, and fees, life at Lees-McRae is amazing. It is so easy to overlook the struggles that would exist at any campus because the quality of the education and the beauty of life here is incomparable. Every day here is a chance for an adventure and a chance to learn under some of the most interesting, personal, and caring professors imaginable.
It is located in the mountains. People have to make trips down to Boone. The school is too expensive for a private school with such capacity and infrastructure. If I were to rate their food 1 is me being nice. Basically, you do not the value for the amount you are paying. If you're an athlete it might be your kind of school ,because is about 50% athlete dominated. Their parking is the worst, why would anybody want to park 15-30 minutes away from their dorms. There are no INTERESTING gatherings and I even had to start a club of my one for people in general. The professors all have different auras off of them. I suggest they need a mini kitchen in each dorm, so others can cook or even just warm stuff up. A place open to the residents in general. Doing your laundry is another major problem. These are some of the issues my club STM and I have discussed and ways of financing such projects because life at LMC can be a lot more better.
Campus is BEAUTIFUL! The professors are amazing and the academic programs are really well-rounded. There are things that need improvement, like there are at all schools, but over-all it's wonderful.