Lawson State Community College - Birmingham Reviews

Very nice campus !!!!
Great overall experience!!
Great campus for a Freashman college student !! Food is great !! Clean building and excellent academics!
Great options for summer schedule. The professors are very helpful and can always be reach via email. The campus is easily accessible. Lawson is a beautiful, welcoming place where everyone is welcome! There is an overwhelming sense of community to be found by anyone from any background, and academics are challenging and prepare you for anything you may want to pursue after college. The atmosphere and school spirit are always lively, and it's an overall great place to be.
Lawson State Community College is an other home for me. The staff are very helpful and very resourceful. They are concerned for they students. When they say the motto its all here they really mean it well.
Start Your Review of Lawson State Community College - Birmingham
I like the environment. The classes are excellent. The buildings may be scattered all over the place, but it is worth the exercise. I do not see any changed recommended.
I'm recently a Freshman at LSCC and so far I love the college. The only thing I would suggest is putting Archery and Bowling as a PED activity for students to take because I would like to try both of those sports.
Lawson is a very good school. The athletic program is amazing. It is ranked the 5th junior college in the nation and has the best nursing program in the state.
For my first year of experiencing a community college, I can say that it has been the best! My professors are very respectful and well spoken. Lawson State offers a variety of support when it comes to work related items. The campus is a very safe environment! The teachers are excellent! There is a no discrimination policy and it is enforced. Overall the school is a great place to be.
I wouldn't recommend going to this poor place because its awful and ghetto. I feel uncomfortable here.
Since I have been at Lawson State Community College, it has been the best experience ever. Everyone is so open to help you with all the different things you need help with in the different departments. Lawson State offer multiple opportunities to fit each students needs. They have night classes for those who have to work in the day time. Lawson State has a fantastic student tutoring program that has helped me complete semesters that I thought I would never have a chance in. I think that Lawson State Community College is an excellent place to follow your dreams and receive your degree/certification.
I'm enrolled in a two year associates degree through General Motors and everything that Lawson state has offered me is perfect.
Very great school, organized, and helps you with anything they can! The teachers do anything they can to help. Lawson offers career oppurtunites, study groups, ACT classes, and tutors. Its a great school!
Lawson really does care about their students. They will give you the tools you need to be successful!
Lawson State Community College is a very good school to go to if you're planning to save money by attending a 2 year before transferring to a 4 year college. Their overall rating for academics to me is a 10+. All of the professors will go an extra mile to help you and make sure that you succeed. This is not a "party" school...you are here to get your education and leave unless you are apart of any organizations or sports!
Lawson State Community College is great, the way that I heard about Lawson was when an instructor came to talk to our school and they should us what they had to offer. Everything was great I applied like two moths after I graduated Highschool and I been enrolled since then. They made everything easy to enroll in classes and it's just been a great school if you have any kinds of problems they have a specific person you can talk to and ask questions. I am enrolled in the GM ASEP program and the instructors are great when it comes to answering questions.
Lawson is definitely the type of school that helps to learn if you're willing to do so. Otherwise you're just there for a grade rather than your future
I love Lawson!!!!!!!!!!! I love the small class sizes and how attentive the professors are. I actually work for one of my old professors now so of course the networking is awesome. I feel that the sense of belonging is so strong here even if your not involved in any extracurricular activities in school. I would like to see the availability of course expand so that there are more chances to take more courses I love being a Cougar I graduated May of 2015 and still take classes with the dual enrollment program through Alabama A&M University. This is a great place to further your education.
Awesome Professors. The classes have a very decent number of students. So the student teacher ratio is great. The teachers at Lawson also have the opportunity to get to learn students who attend their classes by name. Professors always make time for one on one if a student does not understand something clearly.
Start Your Review of Lawson State Community College - Birmingham
Lawson State is a very good community college to attend although there are some staff members you will run into with those snotty attitudes. Overall it is a great school, offers many different programs and also has a good Honors College program.
Lawson state is a very diverse school. The instructors for the most part seem to be really down to earth and genuine about their students. I would like for the financial aid staff and nursing program staff to be a little more interested in their students. I did not feel important enough.
The experience at Lawson State Community College is truly a positive journey. I will definately reccomend Lawson State Community College to friends, family as well as anyone else I meet along the way that is in search of a good school that is fun to attend, the faculty and staff are over the top friendly and operate with a high degree of professionalism.