Lawrence University Reviews

- The intimate relationship with Professors
- Accessible academic assistance from tutoring services
- More discussion based classes that allow room for creative thinking
Lawrence is a small school, and diverse for it's location in small-town Wisconsin. The professors are always invested, providing you with plenty of tools to be successful, and by the end of the first term, I was already calling it home.
I like the liberal arts approach to education, I was able to explore many different areas of study and double major. There is a wide variety of clubs to choose from. The university also has an excellent music conservatory so the intellectual and creative minds can flourish.
Start Your Review of Lawrence University
Lawrence is great! The professors very obviously care about their students and want to make sure everyone succeeds. Students are supported, yet challenged to improve in all areas. Our dining hall has great food!
Lawrence is a rigorous, respectful, open-minded university. All students are required to take Freshman Studies where they have to explore unfamiliar texts which challenges and brings the best out of everyone. Since it is a small school, there are lots of opportunities to talk directly to professor and build strong relationships. Everyone is welcoming and friendly which makes the transition to a new place very easy. There are many local clubs that engage students from all across the world and the president is very active in meeting students which makes it a very close-knit environment.
I love Lawrence! From the community to the professors to the food, I do not regret my decision to attend Lawrence. There are always tons of things to do both on and off campus, and the people you will meet will change your life for the better. Every opportunity is open to all students and you can really take your education in any direction you would like.
Lawrence has a unique, close-knit campus community because of its small size and the fact that most students live on campus for their entire time here. The professors are truly exceptional in how they go out of their way to meet with students and encourage them in their individual academic endeavors. At Lawrence, every interest is encouraged and treated as legitimate regardless of whether it is a student's major or something that they want to pursue outside of their academic course. Lawrence has provided me with countless opportunities to grow both academically and socially in an environment where I feel supported but also encouraged to grow independently.
Lawrence is my home. Sometimes home is not your favorite place at times, but it always has that special place in your heart. Lawrence has been there for me whenever I need it, professors are there when I need academic support, friends are there to keep things interesting and fun, organizations are there to keep me involved, and the food isn't half bad either! I wouldn't trade my Lawrence education for anything in the world.
I recently just got admitted but I spent a week there this last summer of 2016 for College Horizons and i completely fell in love with the place. It is an amazing small little campus with such beautiful scenery. The classes also tend to be small and are discussion based.
I like the help a student can receive from professors because of Lawrence University's low student to teacher ratio. The conservatory really is a hidden jewel of the music world, with the quality of musicianship only limited by how much work a student invests. I do believe there could be more diversity in professors and faculty, but these needs have been voiced and at least some in the administration have listened to them. I have heard of problems related to the school's administration, and I know that offices like campus life and financial aid can be difficult to deal with. I believe however that this is more than counterbalanced by a supportive and receptive student body and faculty.
I love it, its perfect the way it is. It's small yet it has everything you would expect out of a large ivy college. The best part being that it really is a LIBERAL arts college
My professors all have made me feel very supported and have been accommodating.
Students from Lawrence go on to do a variety of amazing things.
Campus Safety makes you feel very safe but isn't overbearing.
Many different options for on campus housing, which is great.
Greek life on campus is very unique and is incredibly inclusive.
Athletics are loved and appreciated by the athletes, but the student body doesn't pay a terrible amount of attention to them.
Start Your Review of Lawrence University
Lawrence University is a school that houses many different types of people, but makes each one feel supported and special. It is academically rigorous, but there are many different resources, including professors, to help you feel confident with coursework.
There's so much available. Dual degree is a great option
The campus is very diverse.