Lawrence University seeks academically motivated students with diverse talents, interests, backgrounds, and aspirations who demonstrate the potential to both transform and be transformed by Lawrence University.
At Lawrence, we are fully committed to Engaged Learning. Whether in a practice room in the conservatory or a chemistry class in Steitz Hall or a Freshman Studies discussion, you will learn by doing. By discussing. By participating. By engaging.
Lawrence University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.42 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.56 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.54 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.25 responses
Lawrence University Reviews
As far as academics go, class sizes are generally small, so students get to know teachers well. Teachers are invested and care about students.
Housing is decent as far as colleges go.
The students do a lot of complaining about the food, but Bon Appetit is one of the best food service companies to cater to colleges and businesses across the Us. They strive to create an all inclusive menu for students.
The student body is where most issues with the university come up. I find the student body can be overbearingly rude due to their privileged backgrounds. At times the students are incompetent and act inconsiderately ann offensive. Lawrence has a very toxic environment because of the students. The only other problems I have with the university are diversity&inclusion as well the lack of attention to student medical problems.
I am also a computer science double major and my professor has been extremely supportive of both of my areas of interest. She came to watch my capstone presentation when she didn't need to and remarked to me what a great job she thought I did. Even the fact that she came to watch me meant a lot, and her comments about my presentation made my whole week. What this school lacks in size it more than makes up for in heart, as I have built great relationships with almost all my professors and feel that they truly want to see me succeed in whatever I choose to do.