Las Positas College Reviews

I really enjoy Las Positas! Everyone is very friendly and the staff is very helpful. The only reason I am not giving Las Positas 5 stars is because some of the professors I have had are not exactly the best. They don’t explain things very well then expect you to just know everything they have taught 2 seconds after they’ve taught it. Aside from those select few professors I’ve had, Las Positas is great!
Las Positas is an excellent community college, I have made a lot of friends and have met a lot of great people, including professors. Many of the professors are very helpful and passionate about their subject, which I think is rare to find. However, there is a downside, not every professor is like this, but I would say that every school is like that. So in a way, Las Positas is average but a little above that. I would give Las Positas a B. There is always room for improvement. One of the things Las Positas should work on is better, healthy food in the cafe.
Great campus and definitely challenging! The students are all very friendly and the majority of the teachers push their students to their limits.
Start Your Review of Las Positas College
Las Positas College is more than your typical community college. The staff is driven to help students succeed, and the students are passionate in their education and studies. We are given many resources to help us thrive in and out of the classroom. Las Positas College is a school where students can take what they've learned within the classroom, and apply it to the real world.
I have had the best experience in the past two years that I have been a student at Las Positas College. The faculty's commitment to helping each student transfer to their dream college is a quality I couldn't praise enough. The top notch facilities are available to all students as well as free tutoring which has had a huge impact in my success in each course.
The campus is absolutely beautiful and they are currently still working on improving it. It's a little difficult because meeting with the counselors can take really long and some of the teachers aren't as good as the others, but when you do get a good teacher they are fantastic. They will always try to be as accommodating as possible when something is going on outside of school and they are always willing to talk to the students about things whatever it may be.
Las Positas gave me incredible support and guidance and prepared me for transferring. They offer tutoring free of charge, have an open math lab, and have drop in writing help. The library is user friendly and a great place to study.
Las Positas is probably one of the best community colleges relatively close to the Bay area. Most of the professors are very professional and want to see you succeed and make sure you are finished with your requirements so you can transfer(if that is what you want). The campus covers a fairly large spaces and the variety of classes is very diverse from EMT stuff to chemical biology. My one big complaint is that like most community colleges it is fairly easy to give up altogether and lose focus of what you want to do, in other words without friends the only person to help you finish 10 page papers and work through 3am assignments is you. You must work relentlessly and doubt yourself as little as possible to get what you want. If you aren't worried about that then this is the perfect community college for you.
For the most part, I have enjoyed my time at Las Positas College. I have found admission and office staff to be supremely helpful and attentive. I have struggled a little bit with the professors I have had. They are all very kind and supportive, but sometimes I have felt they did not prepare well for courses and class time. I felt like I fell behind some in certain classes due to the fact that professors were not always prepared. I appreciate the resources that are available at Las Positas and think they do a wonderful job with their recreation and sports department.
I enjoyed my time there. Last Positas offers a array of degree and certificate programs. They also run a awesome veterans program there aswell.
When I began my first semester at Las Positas, I was completely nervous. I started after I graduated from high school and I did not know what to expect. I fisnished my first fall semester and I got A’s and B’s. And finishing my first fall semester, I am excited to start the spring semester and work hard on my school work and grades. What I like about Las Positas is that they have teachers who invest their time to the students. They make sure everyone understands the material so they can pass. I did not expect the teachers from Las Positas to be invested in students, and experiencing that makes my time at Las Positas beneficial to my future. If Las Positas could change anything, I would recommend that they have a active student life.
I like the campus and the classes. The bathrooms are clean and the staff is awesome and very helpful and nice. I don't regret choosing Las Positas.
Overall, I have been pleased with my experience at Las Positas College. Most of the teachers are very good and enthusiastic about what they teach. The campus is clean and has a safe feeling.
I doesn't take 2yrs to get out it actually takes 3,but it does take 2yrs with easy majors.The counseling here is not good so your kinda better by yourself or just make sure you double check opinions.Overall it is a good community college
I love the campus, it really gives you the feeling of being in college. But going to school here during all of the renovation can create a hassle
My experience at Las Positas College is very enjoyable. I appreciate the culture that the campus embodies. The people are somehow all very kind and welcoming, while also being more secluded, to themselves in comparison to high school. The campus is beautiful and quiet, which makes for every area being a pleasant place to study. The most impressive thing about Las Po is the accessibleness of the staff. The administration as well as professors are very easy to communicate with and they want to give you the tools to succeed. Overall, it has so far been very easy to be apart of the Las Positas College community.
Great for those looking to save money and get general ed out of the way. If you wish to transfer to a CSU or UC, this is the school for you. Also an excellent choice for those who just want a bit of higher education to have on their belt for the future. Amazing resource center to help you find your path!
Start Your Review of Las Positas College
The staff are extremely helpful. The campus is beautiful, clean, and safe. The food is alright, but if you dont like it there are other places nearby to go eat. Educators care about student success but arent overbearing.
The science facilities and programs helped me feel very prepared for my future studies in biology. The music department has a wonderful auditorium and a growing choral department.
Excellent quality higher education and a smart way to get value in higher education. Top of the line equipment and class sizes that allow a personal relationship with professors.