Las Positas College Reviews

Las Positas is probably one of the best community colleges relatively close to the Bay area. Most of the professors are very professional and want to see you succeed and make sure you are finished with your requirements so you can transfer(if that is what you want). The campus covers a fairly large spaces and the variety of classes is very diverse from EMT stuff to chemical biology. My one big complaint is that like most community colleges it is fairly easy to give up altogether and lose focus of what you want to do, in other words without friends the only person to help you finish 10 page papers and work through 3am assignments is you. You must work relentlessly and doubt yourself as little as possible to get what you want. If you aren't worried about that then this is the perfect community college for you.
For the most part, I have enjoyed my time at Las Positas College. I have found admission and office staff to be supremely helpful and attentive. I have struggled a little bit with the professors I have had. They are all very kind and supportive, but sometimes I have felt they did not prepare well for courses and class time. I felt like I fell behind some in certain classes due to the fact that professors were not always prepared. I appreciate the resources that are available at Las Positas and think they do a wonderful job with their recreation and sports department.
I enjoyed my time there. Last Positas offers a array of degree and certificate programs. They also run a awesome veterans program there aswell.
Start Your Review of Las Positas College
When I began my first semester at Las Positas, I was completely nervous. I started after I graduated from high school and I did not know what to expect. I fisnished my first fall semester and I got A’s and B’s. And finishing my first fall semester, I am excited to start the spring semester and work hard on my school work and grades. What I like about Las Positas is that they have teachers who invest their time to the students. They make sure everyone understands the material so they can pass. I did not expect the teachers from Las Positas to be invested in students, and experiencing that makes my time at Las Positas beneficial to my future. If Las Positas could change anything, I would recommend that they have a active student life.
I like the campus and the classes. The bathrooms are clean and the staff is awesome and very helpful and nice. I don't regret choosing Las Positas.
Overall, I have been pleased with my experience at Las Positas College. Most of the teachers are very good and enthusiastic about what they teach. The campus is clean and has a safe feeling.
I doesn't take 2yrs to get out it actually takes 3,but it does take 2yrs with easy majors.The counseling here is not good so your kinda better by yourself or just make sure you double check opinions.Overall it is a good community college
I love the campus, it really gives you the feeling of being in college. But going to school here during all of the renovation can create a hassle
My experience at Las Positas College is very enjoyable. I appreciate the culture that the campus embodies. The people are somehow all very kind and welcoming, while also being more secluded, to themselves in comparison to high school. The campus is beautiful and quiet, which makes for every area being a pleasant place to study. The most impressive thing about Las Po is the accessibleness of the staff. The administration as well as professors are very easy to communicate with and they want to give you the tools to succeed. Overall, it has so far been very easy to be apart of the Las Positas College community.
Great for those looking to save money and get general ed out of the way. If you wish to transfer to a CSU or UC, this is the school for you. Also an excellent choice for those who just want a bit of higher education to have on their belt for the future. Amazing resource center to help you find your path!
The staff are extremely helpful. The campus is beautiful, clean, and safe. The food is alright, but if you dont like it there are other places nearby to go eat. Educators care about student success but arent overbearing.
The science facilities and programs helped me feel very prepared for my future studies in biology. The music department has a wonderful auditorium and a growing choral department.
Excellent quality higher education and a smart way to get value in higher education. Top of the line equipment and class sizes that allow a personal relationship with professors.
The teachers and resources at this College were very good. I had a great time at Las Positas and met some new friends while going to school here.
The campus is pretty nice and it's always improving. The library is great and spacious. The counselors are very helpful and determined to see students succeed. There are some very good teachers but not enough, in my opinion. The math department definitely needs some better teachers. It's a quiet campus fr the most part. There were many introverted students when I attended the school. Overall, I had a very good experience at Las Positas College.
I attended Las Positas College right after I graduated high school. I graduated after two years and received two associates degrees in psychology. I loved my experience at this school. The teachers, counselors, and staff all made me feel welcomed and prepared me to transfer to a 4-year university.
I like that there are many resources to help you succeed like tutoring, by schedule as well as walk-ins, a great DSPS, great teachers that really want to help you, a new library, etc. They have a pretty nice cafeteria food for a college as well. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time at Las Positas. The only thing that I would want to change is their layout for the school's website. It can be very confusing at times and hard to find things. When you get the hang of the basics and the links you want to use then it's fine, but if you want to find anything else it can be a challenge sometimes.
Start Your Review of Las Positas College
Very nice school. Well-maintained property. Teachers are very enjoyable, and the overwhelming majority have been fantastic. Strongly recommended.
I really like their biology professors because they are able to really help you one on one something other community colleges are not really good at from word of mouth at least. This community college also has really good food. I think that most if not all the instructors go above and beyond their duty which I think that really helps out those students that really struggle to ask for help from others. They also have a very good campus for being a community college which really get student wanting to transfer into the right mood for a four year college.
I am currently enrolled in my second semester and I can tell you this Community College is amazing my first semester went by like a breeze received tons of help from teachers and tutors. Helping me succeed and receive a high GPA for my first college courses. Definitely recommend this school for transfer.