Lancaster Bible College Reviews

Lancaster is affordable and has an excellent degree completion program for adult learners. LBC is highly recommended to anyone seeking a career in Christian ministry.
I have had an amazing experience with LBC! The admissions counselors have been spectacular in contacting me regularly, seeing if I need any help, etc. I really appreciate everything that LBC has done for me so far!
Most colleges today seem to make you choose between academics or community life. Wither that's parties, trips, or even just opportunities to connect. Yet even when community is chosen over school, the relationships rarely seem anything more than superficial. That's where I think LBC is unique, because there I've never had more chances to grow genuine relationships that might just last instead of fizzling out, and all the while no academics needed to be sacraficed. Though there are always those 'special' few we could do without :). So while no college has it perfect, I think the potential for lasting is there, so long as LBC continues to strive towards fruitful growth and change over tradition that many bible colleges fall into.
Review Your College
I like the athletic program a lot and I enjoy the community it provides
Lancaster Bible College is a wonderful school. I enjoy the classes, and the professors are very genuine and I know they want me to learn and grow closer to God. The campus is small, which I love, I can get to know people more easily. I would recommend this college to any Christian student who is looking to strengthen their knowledge and relationship with God.
I think that the quality of classes is good. They teach a lot of good practical things that we will actually face in the workplace. They take time to make sure that we understand what is being taught.
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
I love LBC and the professors that they have. They are experts in their fields and they will do anything to help you achieve success.
There are rarely any incidents that occur on campus.
The dorms are very close to the academic buildings. There are new dorms being built and updates are being made to the older ones. Decent size rooms but not great. Rules are enforced too heavily at times but overall pretty solid.
There are none of these establishments on our campus so I do not have interaction with them.
Playing baseball at LBC has been great. The students are always there to support us and we have brought our program a long way in the past few years. Our team is quite literally like a family to me and I wouldn't trade my experiences with them for the world.
I love the small community feel that the campus has. The college is focused on Christ and that's what it's all about.
As a ministry major, I am confident that a degree from LBC will lend me the credibility I need to pursue a job in my chosen field. The career center is extremely helpful as far as working out different options for a degree, and academic advisors are incredibly skilled in helping students to tailor their degrees to specific students' desired career paths.
  • Value
The professors at Lancaster Bible College are fantastic. They genuinely care about the success of each student both academically and personally. Class sizes are good, and based on the topic of each course. For example, a public speaking class will have 7-14 students, while a theology lecture-type class will have closer to 30. The variety of courses is good within majors--general education is slightly more limited, but not difficult to get in to. Overall, the academic experience at LBC is great!
I have not witnessed or heard of any problems on campus as far as safety. We do have a Public Safety department, and they are wonderful at maintaining the peace and safety on campus. They are also accommodating to students who need help in any way, from needing directions around the campus to having forgotten their key fob to a dorm!
I myself do not live on campus--I am a commuter. However, I have been into the dorms, which are beautiful, well-maintained, and convenient to all other areas of campus. The social atmosphere appears to be healthy, and I (as a commuter) do not have any issues connecting with and making friends with the resident students.
  • Housing
We are a D3 school, so I could get my uncoordinated self out there and play if I so chose to. Our men's basketball team is one of the best in the area, and our men's volleyball team is outstanding as well. Our school also offers softball, baseball, soccer, and women's lacrosse. All sports events are well attended for the sole purpose of supporting one another as students, regardless of the sport, and to show our spirit and enthusiasm for the school. While I do not and probably will not actually participate in any of the athletics myself, I am proud to be a LBC Charger.
Review Your College
Lancaster Bible College is unique in that it is a deeply connected, Christ-centered community that focuses on preparing its students to share their faith effectively in their chosen vocation. LBC affords its students the opportunity to learn not only conventionally and from their professors, but also from one another and through the many experiences that the school encourages. Aside from academics, the staff's main goal is to help students succeed in all areas, and offer financial help, scheduling help, and spiritual and emotional support. I would certainly choose my school again!
Employers think highly of Lancaster Bible College.
  • Value
It is more than I could ask for. I love it!