Lamar University Reviews

1,193 reviews
Although Lamar is in a small town, the school itself is great. I love the community and how diverse it is. I love that the school is very active and allows you to communicate and have fun with others!
My experience as a student at Lamar University has been an interacting experience. While providing me with a newfound sense of responsibility it also gave me the opportunity to challenge myself. Lamar University is a good school. It is a good place to grow into a young adult and meet new people along your journey of education. It’s not perfect but I can tell that the professors try their best for their students, and at the end of the day your results are left entirely up to you.
The campus was very nice, I liked how every race nationality was there and accounted for. How immense the diversity of the students were there was incredible, I couldn't believe it. I've never personally tried the campus food but I've heard others remark that the food was good and it also made the distance to travel to the cafe and back to their dorms much better than traveling to go find food. I've visited the campus a few times and the classrooms and other facilities, such as the library, are nice and well put up with and from experience everyone is very welcoming. I can't wait to attend their campus and see how much more they have to offer.
Start Your Review of Lamar University
Lamar University is a great school! It allows amazing opportunities, organization, and academics! I was fearful at the start, but everyone is friendly and respectful. I gained friends within my first class and all my professors throughout my experience have been nothing but helpful and kind. I highly recommend this college to anyone who has the desire to learn and grow academically and as a person.
Lamar University makes you feel as if you were home. It is a small school - which makes it easy to meet people. I have created many friendships and connections in the short time I have been here. However, certain departments will give you the run-around when it comes to submitting paperwork to further your education.
Great teachers who were always available and very helpful. Class size was which made it easier to concentrate and make a connection with the teacher. MY only issue is the parking its incredibly hard to find a spot close to most of your classes but I feel like thats the same complaint for all coleges
I am currently working on my Principal Certification and this program is easy to follow yet rigorous. The tasks necessary to complete to earn intern hours are challenging and provide an overall view of what it takes to be an adminstrator.
It’s a relatively small school, but the class sizes are perfect for you to get to know your professors and earn a quality education.
Lamar is a place to be. they have good lecturers and the schedule is way flexible than other schools around. the tuition is also affordable compared to other schools with higher tuition cost. Also the Lamar community encourages student activities amongst others.
I like Lamar because it is very calm and friendly. It has many activities that you can do on a daily basis with different types of organizations. It could use a power wash but other than that it is a nice place to go to school.
Most of the professors will take to the time to respond to questions if you ask them, or will let you come by their office to talk. However, some classes can get too large and overwhelming with people, making it difficult to ask questions while the class is going on.
I like Lamar because of the small atmosphere, and the home feeling of the campus. The Professors are nice as well, I have taken many cmmunication calsses and all my professors are very down to earth and extremely understanding. The accessibility of the campus is also very convienent, everything is close together and easy access for most of the campus. Some things that i would like to see change, are how late they keep the food stores open, and the dining hall. College kids are up very late and are alwasy busy, I know there were times when I was up late studying and there would be nothing to eat because all the stores on campus are closed and none of the dining places would be open either. I also think it would be a great idea if the library was kept open later, instead of closing at 11:40, students need time to be able to get things done in a tinmley manner and making them leave a place where their work is suppose to be getting done is not a very productive plan.
What I liked was that there is plenty of things to do in campus. For example you can play pool, basketball, run, work out, and activities like that. Overall it is a good experience.
The staff is very helpful with everything, especially the financial aide staff. I plan on attending the school after I graduate high school to finish and major in biochemistry.
Well my experience here is good so far. I took this year off to focus on my academics other than doing orgs and work study etc. This campus physically is really nice after all the construction.
As far as I've seen, Lamar has a really diverse community with different types of activities for everyone. The teachers and doctors are nice and willing to help you in what they can. I'm really looking forward to this year.
Their online graduate program has been rigorous yet enjoyable. The professors are highly qualified and are eager to see their students succeed. I am confident that I will be prepared for my career as an educational administrator.
Start Your Review of Lamar University
The programs at Lamar really are great, and the professors are alway very willing to help and meet with you in order to better understand the material!
I appreciate how diverse the university is. There isn't one gender specific or ethnicity specific. Everyone is also friendly and outgoing.
What I like about Lamar is that it’s close to home, a real simple university. Something I wish would change would be the diversity on campus. To include more hispanic related programs, or clubs, or organizations that unite different types of diversities.