Lamar University Reviews

1,205 reviews
Professors at Lamar are amazing and give you there undivided attention when you need it. Lamar has great leadership opportunities whether it be in greek life or any organization on campus. It has great opportunities.
I've visited Lamar University, on a tour from my high school. It's way bigger than I thought it was, they have a lot of space and different areas on campus. Including the cafeteria, it has a lot of varieties to eat from. People greeted us and showed us rooms and different areas at the University. I spoke with one professor and she was so nice and about her business, I could tell I would genuinely learn in her class, if I was to have her as a professor.
Lamar is a great school!! Professors truely care and are very helpful. The student center and food options have recently been upgraded and are great and super convenient!
Start Your Review of Lamar University
I liked the atmosphere, and the people i was surrounded by at the university. Lamar students were very nice and helpful.
Lamar University sits in the middle of Texas and Louisiana and is close to home. Lamar isn't a huge campus and it also have the home feel as well. when I visited the campus the students and the tour guides was very welcoming.
The ease of having online graduate classes are great. Teachers will work with you on deadlines. Classes are 5 weeks long and have a break in between sessions. There are some classes that are more intense than others. Once you get into the later part of the graduate program there is a lot more face to face interaction that you will have to make with community members depending on what program you are attending. Some professors really do not understand the reason why we chose an online program at lamar and expect insane cooperation with getting work done.
Easy and convenient in an on-line atmosphere. Advising counselors are very attentive to students and accessible when needed. Tuition is a bit more doable than most universities. Professors are more available and helpful when needed.
I am a first time graduate student at Lamar University and so far my experience has been great. There is a diverse population of students, faculty and staff on campus. The cardinals activities board and other campus organizations hosts educational, fun and FREE events all the time.
When i went to a tour for my law enforcement class junior year i was amazed at the school. It looked like a legit university like in the movies. It has everything dorms, gym, buffet. I went to some of the classes and were pretty good sized, about 30-40 in a class. Also the cost of tuition is average.
It's beautiful, and has a great feel. The employees are wonderful. The administration is very patient and attentive. The professors take the time to explain and elaborate. They also meet the needs of their students in a professional and efficient manner.
I love the on line programs and the staff is very friendly. I have the most knowledgeable advisor, she makes sure I am choosing the right classes and gives me very informative input. There is always some one there to answer the phone, no matter what department you call. I love they way they keep you updated with all the recent events, the weather and even the news. I would highly recommend Lamar University to any one looking to pursue a degree with the up most comfortability.
The classes are typically above average with just a few outliers which are not enjoyable and hard to learn. The financial aid department can be difficult to contact and get through to anyone willing to listen to personal situations and questions. Overall, my experience has been fair.
Although Lamar is in a small town, the school itself is great. I love the community and how diverse it is. I love that the school is very active and allows you to communicate and have fun with others!
My experience as a student at Lamar University has been an interacting experience. While providing me with a newfound sense of responsibility it also gave me the opportunity to challenge myself. Lamar University is a good school. It is a good place to grow into a young adult and meet new people along your journey of education. It’s not perfect but I can tell that the professors try their best for their students, and at the end of the day your results are left entirely up to you.
The campus was very nice, I liked how every race nationality was there and accounted for. How immense the diversity of the students were there was incredible, I couldn't believe it. I've never personally tried the campus food but I've heard others remark that the food was good and it also made the distance to travel to the cafe and back to their dorms much better than traveling to go find food. I've visited the campus a few times and the classrooms and other facilities, such as the library, are nice and well put up with and from experience everyone is very welcoming. I can't wait to attend their campus and see how much more they have to offer.
Lamar University is a great school! It allows amazing opportunities, organization, and academics! I was fearful at the start, but everyone is friendly and respectful. I gained friends within my first class and all my professors throughout my experience have been nothing but helpful and kind. I highly recommend this college to anyone who has the desire to learn and grow academically and as a person.
Lamar University makes you feel as if you were home. It is a small school - which makes it easy to meet people. I have created many friendships and connections in the short time I have been here. However, certain departments will give you the run-around when it comes to submitting paperwork to further your education.
Start Your Review of Lamar University
Great teachers who were always available and very helpful. Class size was which made it easier to concentrate and make a connection with the teacher. MY only issue is the parking its incredibly hard to find a spot close to most of your classes but I feel like thats the same complaint for all coleges
I am currently working on my Principal Certification and this program is easy to follow yet rigorous. The tasks necessary to complete to earn intern hours are challenging and provide an overall view of what it takes to be an adminstrator.
It’s a relatively small school, but the class sizes are perfect for you to get to know your professors and earn a quality education.