Lamar State College - Orange Reviews

My overall experience with LSCO has been amazing so far. The staff has been wonderful with any help or questions I’ve had. I’m so glad with the choice I’ve made!!
I grew a lot as a person here, and learned many valuable leadership skills through organizations on campus. The faculty was amazing at helping students. The staff that I had dealings with were amazing as well.
The class size at Lamar State College Orange is small for a college, which I like very much because it makes learning more of a hands on experience. The classes are great and the teachers are very accessible. They are easy to reach for any questions or problems you may have. Most all of the credits and classes available are transferrable to a four year college.
Start Your Review of Lamar State College - Orange
It’s a small college but the professors try their best to help you in any way possible. It is a 2-year school that is very cheap! You make your own schedule!
Received my Lvn and the staff was amazing. Very helpful and understanding. They kept there doors open, phones on and emails.
Lamar is a small friendly campus. The people are very friendly and knowledgeable. My experience has been fantastic in the months that I've been attending. The professors are highly trained and accessible to students at all times. This college is packed with gems of knowledge waiting for students to take advantage of what is available. I honestly don't have any complaints.
I am in my first semester of college and I am so happy I chose LSC-O. The campus really is pretty and with the right weather, my favorite thing to do is sit out by the water. The classes are small enough to get one-on-one time with the professors and they really do care about helping you understand. LSC-O is also way cheaper than surrounding schools which is a big plus.
The college president decided to shorten the spring 2017 semester three weeks into the semester, due to forgetting about a "prior engagement," obviously creating havoc for students and professors.
I had trouble with financial aid due to being a transfer student and having an AS degree, even with a 3.8 GPA I was placed on academic probation . After numerous letters and phone calls to inquire why, finally I was told because I was " too close to my Pell Grant limit." I had to write an appeal twice. Finally I was awarded . I took two courses, one online and one on campus. I loved the professors, but the course I took on campus, College Algebra, although the professor was fantastic, I found the students RUDE and disruptive and disrespectful to both myself and the professor, which made for a difficult learning environment. I passed the class and finished the semester but transferred.
I recently received my associates degree from here I was also a student worker. This is a good starter for any student who wants to attend college!
I love the intimate one on one class room experience at Lamar State College Orange. The teacher are down to earth and very knowledgeable in their trade or field of study. There is a phenomenal Allied Health Department. One thing that I would change about Lamar State College Orange is the structure of their financial aide department.
To be honest I have no complaints with Lamar State College Orange! I'll be starting in the Vocational Nursing Program in January. I'm excited to be doing what I've dreamed of since my childhood! Thanks LSCO for helping me make my dreams come true!
So far my degree plan has been easy goin. And flexible and I have a schedule that works for me!
I've only had one online summer class and I really enjoyed it! Lots of discussions and easy going at your own pace kind of work.
My experience with my teachers has been amazing! They're so involved in students lives and interactive, they have the capability to bring students out of their shells!
Admissions is easy, it's not difficult to get accepted into LSCO, and the process was easy.
Once again the teachers know what they're teaching, they're passionate about teaching and they are so willing to help with every field that a student is in. They want to see students succeed and graduate, they're willing to do what they can to ensure a student will pass.
I absolutely love Lamar Orange. It's not a typical college experience, it's more. The professors WANT to help students achieve and they know what they're teaching. The smaller classes help with succeeding and getting help from professors. The campus is also beautiful, and the water front is right across the street from some of the buildings and it's a beautiful sight. I wish LSCO had bachelors degrees because I would love to continue going there rather than transferring to Lamar Univeristy.
Start Your Review of Lamar State College - Orange
The nursing program trains awesome nurses that are ready to immediately step into their field. Many are very successful at their jobs because of what they learned here.
Right now I'm working on my prerequisites for the program, but so far it has been enlightening, engaging, and really fun.
I love it! I love learning and knowing my professors will help in anyway they can! The advisors are also very helpful and encouraging.