Lamar State College - Orange Reviews

I like the small campus in the middle of town. The financial aid office is very friendly. The advisors are very nice and helpful! Getting to have small class rooms is very personal and good.
LSCO is amazing! The instructors are awesome and it is a small school so you have much more time to communicate with the professors and that makes it a lot easier to learn.
I think Lamar State College is wonderful for students who want a fast degree but want to stay home doing it.
Start Your Review of Lamar State College - Orange
Very nice staff,very helpful, and respectful. I went there looking for admissions I got lost and I stopped and asked a random worker and she showed me the way. I was close to giving up and going home and not continuing my education. Without her I would still be struggling. I thank her ! Overall great experience would recommend anyone to go to this college!
LSC-O is a great college to receive a 2 year degree, or simply just to begin your basics. The school is fairly small for those who would rather a smaller school, and the professors are wonderful. They have a lot of great opportunities for anyone interested.
My overall experience with LSCO has been amazing so far. The staff has been wonderful with any help or questions I’ve had. I’m so glad with the choice I’ve made!!
I grew a lot as a person here, and learned many valuable leadership skills through organizations on campus. The faculty was amazing at helping students. The staff that I had dealings with were amazing as well.
The class size at Lamar State College Orange is small for a college, which I like very much because it makes learning more of a hands on experience. The classes are great and the teachers are very accessible. They are easy to reach for any questions or problems you may have. Most all of the credits and classes available are transferrable to a four year college.
It’s a small college but the professors try their best to help you in any way possible. It is a 2-year school that is very cheap! You make your own schedule!
Received my Lvn and the staff was amazing. Very helpful and understanding. They kept there doors open, phones on and emails.
Lamar is a small friendly campus. The people are very friendly and knowledgeable. My experience has been fantastic in the months that I've been attending. The professors are highly trained and accessible to students at all times. This college is packed with gems of knowledge waiting for students to take advantage of what is available. I honestly don't have any complaints.
I am in my first semester of college and I am so happy I chose LSC-O. The campus really is pretty and with the right weather, my favorite thing to do is sit out by the water. The classes are small enough to get one-on-one time with the professors and they really do care about helping you understand. LSC-O is also way cheaper than surrounding schools which is a big plus.
The college president decided to shorten the spring 2017 semester three weeks into the semester, due to forgetting about a "prior engagement," obviously creating havoc for students and professors.
I had trouble with financial aid due to being a transfer student and having an AS degree, even with a 3.8 GPA I was placed on academic probation . After numerous letters and phone calls to inquire why, finally I was told because I was " too close to my Pell Grant limit." I had to write an appeal twice. Finally I was awarded . I took two courses, one online and one on campus. I loved the professors, but the course I took on campus, College Algebra, although the professor was fantastic, I found the students RUDE and disruptive and disrespectful to both myself and the professor, which made for a difficult learning environment. I passed the class and finished the semester but transferred.
I recently received my associates degree from here I was also a student worker. This is a good starter for any student who wants to attend college!
I love the intimate one on one class room experience at Lamar State College Orange. The teacher are down to earth and very knowledgeable in their trade or field of study. There is a phenomenal Allied Health Department. One thing that I would change about Lamar State College Orange is the structure of their financial aide department.
To be honest I have no complaints with Lamar State College Orange! I'll be starting in the Vocational Nursing Program in January. I'm excited to be doing what I've dreamed of since my childhood! Thanks LSCO for helping me make my dreams come true!
So far my degree plan has been easy goin. And flexible and I have a schedule that works for me!
Start Your Review of Lamar State College - Orange
I've only had one online summer class and I really enjoyed it! Lots of discussions and easy going at your own pace kind of work.
My experience with my teachers has been amazing! They're so involved in students lives and interactive, they have the capability to bring students out of their shells!
Admissions is easy, it's not difficult to get accepted into LSCO, and the process was easy.