Lake Tahoe Community College Reviews

It is an amazing first school to attend to with a great curriculum. With a diverse setting for all kinds of students, there's absolutely no lack of an off day. I would recommend this school to everyone.
i love ltcc, it has given me the tools to succeed in my educational goals and the skills required to be an effective professional - thank you lake tahoe community college!
So far attending Lake Tahoe Community College has been amazing. playing on the women's soccer team has taught me so much as a player and as an individual. the professors are amazing also they are very one on one. I wouldn't chose to go anywhere else straight out of high school. The campus is beautiful and the city itself is amazing. It's a perfect start for those coming from high school. The junior college is surrounded by beautiful nature and looks even more stunning in the winter time because of the snow. If I could change anything it would be the amount of construction that has been going on but I know the end result is going to make my school even more irresistible.
Review Lake Tahoe Community College
I love how helpful the entire staff is. They truly try their hardest to get you where you need to be for your career choice. The staff is constantly thinking of how to get you to the next level. Also, the staff treats you as an equal. In addition, the campus is beautiful so the instructors definitely use that to their advantage in order to enhance your learning experience.
The only difficult thing sometimes is going from semester to the quarter program, luckily I transfered from a quarter program. The counselors are really helping with estimating credit amounts.
Most of the online classes I took were great! Very convenient.
Popular place to transfer from. The career and school fair is pretty good, and the school has agreements for some schools in Nevada because it is close to the state line.
One can only expect so much of a mountain town. However because Tahoe is such a popular place, there are some more high caliber proffessors that work at the CC simply because they want to be in the mountains.
There is a good variety, but enrollment is down so classes are not offered as often as I'd like. Apart from that, the quality was very good for a community college.
I ended up with incredible science instruction and I got lucky with my instructors. My anatomy and physiology teacher has since retired, but had worked at a medical school and was the most passionate and engaging instructor I'd ever had. After transfering out of UC Davis where my science classes were packed and impersonal, it was engaging and economical to switch.
This school was an awesome transition for me as I figured out what I wanted to study. The school is free for most residents, and has awesome science instructors. No matter what you major in, the Wilderness program is incredible for learning more about the outdoors (rock climbing, skiing, rafting, wilderness medicine, and more).
Class sizes are small so teachers can have more one on one time with each student but since the number of people that attend the school is so small classes do get cancelled often because of that.
A gym that is very reasonable. The library is large enough to get books needed for related topics for classes at the college.
LTCC is not really a four year college. The school only goes up to A.A then your done.
The campus life goes by pretty quick, allowing students to get to know one another. One area the students have called "The Commons" hangout and relax. Boards posted around the school for upcoming events at the school. LTCC does plays, and musicals towards the end of each quarter. LTCC also host famous writers for readings. During the winter, it snows up to feets of insanity for people to go snowboarding and skiing.
The campus is small, a community college, and have to four computer labs. Charge for print if you go over ten pages of paper. WIFI is alittle if'y for it doesn't always work, gets slow, or freezes
I have not used this service, but I do have a friend who has received employment with the Career Service. He enjoys his job and it helps pay some of his class fees. They have been very helpful.
Review Lake Tahoe Community College
This school is flexible with the class schedule that they offer. The College is experiencing a great deal of cuts so it is not as easy as it used to be. Some students may have to wait a quarter to get the classed they need to take.
Over all good for transferring students.
I took an online Spanish class this summer. I was much easier than I thought it would be. The work load was more than I anticipated but I got used to it once the class progressed. It was nice to take an online class because I worked full time hours this summer.
The education I've received at LTCC is great because I am able to transfer to Sierra Nevada College. They offer one of the best programs for creative writing. I am really looking forward to attending his school but need financial help. LTCC has been a great way to get my general education taken while still living at home and working part time.